Thread: Launcher Display Bug

Default Launcher Display Bug

If I force anti-aliasing settings on my graphics card, it messes up the game Launcher. Any idea why? Everything still works, it's just the display of the elements gets wacky. Here is an example of what I mean. It's the EULA screen you see after logging into an Account. It's not just this screen but all of them though.

torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Default Re: Launcher Display Bug

Have you tried the new launcher instead? jlauncherii.jar.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Do we have to manually download launcher updates or do they get rolled out automatically with other patches?
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I didn't even realize this existed. The Istaria shortcut on my desktop must go to the old one.

No issues at all with the new launcher. And might I say it looks great!
    torvos: shadow to chaos shard

Question Re: Launcher Display Bug

Question about java launcher: only today did I notice I was using an old one. Made a shortcut to "jlauncher" - and it started downloading huge number of files,some 10.000. Is that normal after change of launchers?
    And yes, should I download JlauncherII manually?

No, no manual updates are required. The 10,000 files are likely the pre-baked world cache (for terrain) that we pushed out for the shards.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Amon I don't understand what just happened to me
    I clicked on "Play Istaria" icon (which is launcher.exe) which I have always used from day one, and watch the update download and install. All goes well. I play the game for about an hour and get booted out of game. I click on "Play istaria" icon and get the error "launcher.exe not found or missing". I check the Istaria folder and find the file launcher.exe renamed to launcher.exe.auc
    I had to use jlauncher.exe to start game again...now i am downloading 11709 files
    Why is this happening? I already downloaded the world terrain last week or so
    Not pleased with these type of bugs. others also talk about the disconnects from game all the time.

Thread Information