Thread: A bit stuck

Question A bit stuck

I've been trying to color the back fins that run along the backside of my dragon by using the second color that is applied to your detail color.

I've modified one of the stripes called, dragon_u_so_head00_wings00_det_stripes04.

But when I export it in png grayscale it doesn't show up in the game, Any ideas?
    "There is no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are. With all of your imperfections, you can do anything."

Default Re: A bit stuck

So, you've added an area to the back-fin area of that stripe pattern, but you don't see the change in-game? Well, there are a number of possibilities..

Are you actually looking at the correct stripe pattern in-game? Remember, there is more than one version of the decal patterns.

If not that, are you sure that the area you've added to is actually the back-fins? There are a few different fins on the head texture; the back-fins set is the one in a straight, horizontal line below the wing texture.

If not that, then are any other changes to the stripes working? Can you alter something on the body and have that show up? Or is the stripe texture as a whole not working?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    So, you've added an area to the back-fin area of that stripe pattern, but you don't see the change in-game? Well, there are a number of possibilities..

Are you actually looking at the correct stripe pattern in-game? Remember, there is more than one version of the decal patterns.

If not that, are you sure that the area you've added to is actually the back-fins? There are a few different fins on the head texture; the back-fins set is the one in a straight, horizontal line below the wing texture.

If not that, then are any other changes to the stripes working? Can you alter something on the body and have that show up? Or is the stripe texture as a whole not working?

Did I miss something?

Got it to show, but now it's like that.
    Last edited by Artermus; December 22nd, 2011 at 03:05 PM.
    "There is no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are. With all of your imperfections, you can do anything."

Ahhh. It looks like you didn't preserve the translucency that that stripe pattern normally has, so it's turned solid on you. Those stripes aren't supposed to be solid; they have a degree of transparency to them. I can't tell you exactly what you did wrong, as I don't know exactly what you did or even what programs you're using, but that transparency is your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Ahhh. It looks like you didn't preserve the translucency that that stripe pattern normally has, so it's turned solid on you. Those stripes aren't supposed to be solid; they have a degree of transparency to them. I can't tell you exactly what you did wrong, as I don't know exactly what you did or even what programs you're using, but that transparency is your problem.
    I'll play with it and see if I can get the transparency to work.
    Last edited by Artermus; December 23rd, 2011 at 03:13 PM.

I still can't get it to work I'm I doing it wrong, or is it done a special way?

I'm exporting it in grayscale with the alpha channel in Gimp.
    Last edited by Artermus; December 25th, 2011 at 02:04 PM.

I don't use Gimp, so I'm not going to be very much help in regards to exactly what you might be doing wrong. :x

I still can't get it to work, Do you want to have a go?

Have you tried exporting it as a targa?

Vamalchior

Quote Originally Posted by Kryodrache View Post
    Have you tried exporting it as a targa?
    I have this working now, but thanks.

Thread Information