Thread: Cannot use mods anymore - Am I the only one?

Quebec (Canada) // Ota'fakag, Trandalar (Order)

Default Cannot use mods anymore - Am I the only one?

Today I log in, patcher starts. Okay, I do like usuall and replaces the files again to have the white teeth and claw and high resolution dragon mods. I go to log it again, patcher starts. I think to myself: Oh maybe it was not done... I go and replace the files again. Then go log in, and patcher starts AGAIN, redownloading the files all over. I -again- log out and replaces the files, log in another character... but patcher starts still to redownload the files...

Does this happen to anyone else? If this has happened before, what to do?
    I'll be disappointed if I cannot use my mods especially having a black dragon...
    Order shard
    Levanan: Ancient Helian drake - 100/100/28 ~ Navkiren: Ancient Lunus drake ~ Nordis: Adult Helian dragoness ~ Sarwulf: Hatchling ~ Aithne: Hatchling
    DeviantArt: Iceveyns

Default Re: Cannot use mods anymore - Am I the only one?

You're suppose to place all your mods in the "resources_override" folder. NOT the regular "resources" folder (which is what it sounds like you are doing). The reason being if you "replace" the regular files with the modded ones, the patcher will keep trying to redownload and replace those files because they are obviously different. But if you place the modded files in the resources_override folder, the patcher should not remove them (which means you won't have to keep replacing them again and again and again like you mention in your post.)

Hope that helps.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Quebec (Canada) // Ota'fakag, Trandalar (Order)

Default Re: Cannot use mods anymore - Am I the only one?

One is in ressource_override and the other is in ressources. Though this was unusuall for the patcher to always starts like this as it had not happened before. It seems to have solved for now anyway.
    But thank you for that info, I might not need to replace the files after each update.
    Order shard
    Levanan: Ancient Helian drake - 100/100/28 ~ Navkiren: Ancient Lunus drake ~ Nordis: Adult Helian dragoness ~ Sarwulf: Hatchling ~ Aithne: Hatchling
    DeviantArt: Iceveyns

Thread Information