Thread: Any Spare Mobs?

Default Any Spare Mobs?

This is getting ridiculous now, is there any sign or intention to increase spawn rates?

Bad enough more than half the people I'd usually group with to hunt have left the game for 'greener pastures', but now theres nothing for a solo player to hunt?

People are'nt even grouping so much now coz there just is'nt enough mobs to go round; get ur colective act together and give us somethin to kill[N] Before merge we had to 'pull' a mob away from his friends and even then still keep an eye out in case others spawned near by! Now it's just repetitive you run around, eventually find a mob, kill it then move on [|-)]

What did you guys do sit down before merge and have a meeting with concluding words being......"ok so it's decided , we create 1 large server, with alot more players, then just for kicks we wont give em any mobs to hunt" "Muahahahaha"[:@]

Default Re: Any Spare Mobs?

Hiya Taynn [:)]

I appreciate that a lot of the old spawns are, well, slightly borked is putting it mildly. They're not what we were used to, and it can be frustrating trying to find enough to go around when exploring our old haunts.

The good places to hunt lately are areas that have been affected by blight, the island south-west of Parsinia reachable by a rocky path across the water is good for low level folks, the western and northern deadlands for players seeking a bit more challenge, and the eastern deadlands and fortress for the truly challenging. These areas have regular and consistent spawns, to the point you do not need to move around much, if at all.

Should you be looking for tier III monsters in abundance that are indigenous to Istaria and not part of the Withered Aegis forces, I thoroughly recommend the northern continent. There I have found monsters to be in complete abundance. Running around a large landmass like that, some of it might seem empty, however the areas where monsters are located, well, they are in almost excessive abundance ! Oak treants as far as the eye can see when you trek deeper into the oak woods, gem golems 30, 40, 50 at a time around the gem fields, winter mountain wolves in large packs just a short distance before the gem fields... Well, you get the general picture. Where the spawns of indigenous creatures on the mainlands are now lacking, they can be found in vast quantities on the northern continent.

You can reach the northern continent via the portal at the top of the tower across the ice sheets north of Mahagra. When you arrive on the northern continent you will be greeted by two gatekeepers who will give you the choice of adventure or crafting quests to allow attunement to the destinations scattered around the northern continent. Should you choose the crafting quests, everything you need is on the northern continent, similarly the 5 named creatures required for the adventure alternatives to the 5 attunement destinations are also located there.

I hope this helps in the current situation, although admittedly it would be nice to see spawns on the mainland return to their former glory [;)]

The XP/Time reward is actually better now then pre merge and pre-boost of wolfes, imho.

The normal hunting areas are screwed though.
    They should do something about them.

Anikitos
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Thanks Tzael, as you guessed correctly is the mainland mobs I refere to; I'll certainly check out locations you suggested.
    They still gotta sort out mainland spawns tho, it's a pain doing Trophy Hunter quests if you cant find the mobs to get Trophies[:^)]

Thnx again anyway [Y]

the spawn is totally borked. Trying Wind Golems, all you find are a hand full of storm or tempest ogres. Going to the Aughundell Satyr mine, there are a few undead guarding the entrance, they spawn faster than you can kill them (instant respawn).

As I need specific mobs for the tech components, its no fun to see tons of undead being available, while crucial others are not to be found (not to forget the helian-rop wraith ectoplasm).
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

It's getting rather silly now,..
    how many posts have there been now on this subject?
    It really does look like Gn just don't want to see, kind of like a child trying to hide
    behind his hands, thinking he cant be seen cuz he himself cannot..
    i.e, if we dont look at the boards and read about the problems, there arnt any..
    hehe
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

Exactly the reason why this is my 2nd thread on the subject [;)] My first being completely ignored, think you'll find on page 3 of Unity Forum [H]

And yes as mentioned hunting for specific components for techs is a major issue which ties in with the whole lack of spawn/rate of same!

Quote Originally Posted by Taynn
    And yes as mentioned hunting for specific components for techs is a major issue which ties in with the whole lack of spawn/rate of same!
    for tier V tophies it's a better to do PB runs at the moment than to hunt for the trophies.

Example:

Blue Vexator Fringes // Zombie Werewolf Skulls

one of them is ~28 silver on the PB.

If a team of 5 players invests 4 hours they can with some effort make 1g+ worth of money.

Same team on Satyr isles ---> 1-3 of each trophy is not a rare event.

1g / 28s = 35 trophies of the wanted type.

and the droprates / mob amount / kill rate of the different types is screwed.
    Our guild can throw around with Purple tarantula Venom but we haven't yet managed to get enough Zombie Werewolf Skulls to just be able to get a decent jewelery set.

Only the tech/form drop rate is okay for some mobs.
    -- || knoccest of the tailors. period.

I putted a ticket about this some week ago and GN claims thay are not the ones to effect this as it is AE's responibility. One argument was that the shards shall look the same. They cant do anything. I asked them to forward my ticket to AE. I havnt heard anything since. Maybe more tickets will aid, with good contructive arguments like peaple are leaving game as one mentioned? GN and EA loosing money that way??Its bad and trophies arnt everything as we also need tech resources that are almost impossible to get now.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

This has been a game killer for me, or should I say the straw that breaks my back.

Thanks Tz for the info on the northen continenent. Only trouble is the lack of map.
    I know you can get the map pack, but..I prefer to map myself, and don't like reinstalling the map after every update. Still, if AE can't be bothered to update the actual game map, I might give it a try.

I do have 2 different plain packages but they are v2.1 and Tandalar nor Abonded Isle is included. I might make those 2 v2.3 one day but untill then, you have to use the version with the markers incuded.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Tyreal2012

Another thing about the entire mob fix for spawn rates is the EU are still waiting on plot auctions to finish

i think we will get this much needed patch after they have ended

Well this issue has effectively killed the game for me [:(] Am leaving in next few days, although recent merge & patches etc. do have their advantages they also have delivered too many negative gameplay issues!
    Since starting this game I prefered to choose adventure over craft but now adv just puts me to sleep in HZ [|-)] a) after lvl100 is reached there is'nt much challenge left in hunting, and what do u do after that just finnish with that char and start over?[:'(] b) since new system of Trophy Hunters the adv side of things has become more 'group orientated' lvling as low lvl solo is far to slow, dont get me wrong it is a challenge but it aint much fun. And without the word or felling of 'Fun' in a game, whats the point[*-)]

Saying all this , I'm a moody bastard and theres just no pleasing some people [:P] I would hope that all in HZ enjoy their time there and that bugs etc get sorted; maybe the saying "absence makes the heart stronger" will apply to my impressions of HZ in the future and see my return [;)]

Taynn, give it a little bit longer, please ! We're waiting on more patches, one of which includes some spawn updates, we've got the fall harvest event to see out as well, and shortly after that you'll find that the adventurers like yourself are very much in demand to help eliminate the blight invasion that is rumoured to begin (I think once you've had a taste of blight anchors you will find your appetite grows !).

All I ask is if you must take a break, only make it as long as the time until we get the vault shrink, along with that patch we will be getting the fixed spawns, and a new event that will keep you on your toes [;)] Of course I'm still hopeful we'll get the fall harvest event before that, but we'll see... that's up to GN it seems.

Thread Information