Thread: The final decision was made for me...

Default The final decision was made for me...

Well, looks like that's that then.

Due to some CC confusion and the idiotically fast plot reclamation service I have lost my plot.

It was the only thing keeping me subscribed, so that I would not lose it. I had not logged into the game regularly in awhile, and I last logged in for the Halloween/Fall event.

I had no idea my subscription had lapsed (six month recurring) - I only caught it today upon verification that my plot is gone and (of course) can't login. CC mixup on my end. Its within 2 months of lapsing, but since plot reclamation happens in 30 days..well..its gone.

I'm not doing it again so..I hope the next owner builds something lovely.

I"ll miss you all and my dragon.

I will continue to be here on the forums, watching the game I loved. But I will not be reupping. Perhaps its a sign, I was struggling with continuing to support a game I was at odds with. The grind was not keeping me and is not enough for me to continue playing - certainly zippo desire to recraft all that is gone.

So now I am just a bit sad at its final passing. I love all you guys and I'll see you around the forums.

Suggestion: I think it would be beneficial for the devs to put in an auto-email for when plots are about to be reclaimed. Sometimes things happen, sometimes people forget they meant to resub - perhaps a warning email might net you some lost players.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Default Re: The final decision was made for me...

I am sad you lost your plot Frith-Rae... I'll miss seeing you in game, and RPing with you, but I am glad you'll stay on the forum, so we'll keep seeing you there. *hugs

What a sad affair.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

That happened to us about 3 years ago

annual sub- no mesage- and Flame`s lair has been whiped..

we could buy it back-and rebuild it- it was hard- we lost more than 20% of the ressis- which hurts-if it comes to t6.

Velea assured us that there have been messages.. and I believe her because with my account I got the message(s).

Maybe it ended up in spam filter?

We never found out why I got the warning and Flame did not.

Anyway- maybe you want to think that over Frith?
    We all help you to rebuild yout plot? More beautiful than it was before?

Your decision-We shall miss you-take good care!
    You belong to this game like....Nadia?

*winghug*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

That stinks. I'm so sorry to hear it, Frith.

Gotta do what you gotta do. But I'll definitely miss you, ma'am. Be less of a stranger on these forums than I am! (Not that that's much of a bar to clear....)

Well I check my spam filter every day - but I realize that my forum email and my game email were different. So if I did get an email, it got sent to a dead account.

Which is wierd, as I get advertisement/game update emails and such.

And I appreciate the offer Luv, but perhaps its just a sign. Even the thought of redsigning the lair map doesnt' sound like fun anymore. Much less rebuiding the 20% of the resources I lost considering I only ever had patience to craft if I could alt-tab and do other things.

I've been feeling along this vein for the past year - I don't agree that Istaria needs to be a full-fee monthly fee game to have a plot. I get WHY they feel they ahve to do it, but considering all the other games I play that either 1-cost the same or 2-are free to play - Istaria's grind just doesn't appease me anymore.

I have joked for hte past few years when new MMOs came out that I refuse to support a "baby" game because I was already giving to charity for that cause. That cause was Istaria. I rationalized to myself that even if I just logged in 5 days a year that at least I was supporting a company I agreed with and enjoyed their game.

But I haven't enjoye dit in a while now. The fact that I can't even login unless I have something ELSE to do at the same time - now speaks loudly to me.

I love dragons. I love MY dragon. I love the opportunity the devs, Istaria, and my friends (whom I still love you all and will miss even logging in those few times to say HEY! if nothing else) gave me 8+ years ago. To play a dragon, to LIVE as a dragon - my beautiful homage to Smaug. My first MMO - all the grand memories.

Frith-Rae lives on in other RPs (she has for awhile now); my MMO feet are firmly under me now.

Time to let go of the past that will never return for me with this game. I've strongly disagreed with several things in the last few years (even though the devs are working hard and I appreciate their work regardless) but as I wasn't really playing I didn't really feel it was my job to step up and take the flag of protest .

Well now one of those policies I greatly disagreed on has cost them my subscription. *shrugs* It is what it is.

But the universe is giving me a sign to let go as I had been leaning towards it, but was ever hesistant to finally pull the plug.

I am a forum junkie. I will still be here and will continue to refer people to the game who are looking for..other things. Myself - I'm still in WoW, SW:TOR, EQII and possibly the upcoming Secret World (all things depending - I do need another niche-game to keep on life support LOL). I RP across emails and forums - you can find me easily .

But to paraphrase one of the greatest scifi/fantasy/book series of all time - Roland said to Jake - "Go then. There are other worlds than these."
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

*nods* I feel it Frith.
    I did , even before your last post.

We surely stay in touch
    We surely meet again

Istarian ties of friendship do not break. Even if we live in different worlds.
    I can tell.

*wingwave*

btw: Secret World : Which faction?

Sorry for you Frith-Rae... we can still have RP on this forum or where you want, just poke me when you are up for it *winghugs

I would be happy to join in the RPs on the forums . Anytime babes!

And Secret World faction? Why...DRAGON..of course! =D
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Sorry to see you go friend. If there was a way I could hold on to your lair for you I would 8) Just in case....
    Order Shard - Atlanna Embergaze 100/100 Adult:
    A'Sasha Windrider - Member of Keir Chet k'Eilerten

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM
    That happened to us about 3 years ago

annual sub- no mesage- and Flame`s lair has been whiped..

we could buy it back-and rebuild it- it was hard- we lost more than 20% of the ressis- which hurts-if it comes to t6.

Velea assured us that there have been messages.. and I believe her because with my account I got the message(s).

Maybe it ended up in spam filter?

We never found out why I got the warning and Flame did not.

Anyway- maybe you want to think that over Frith?
    We all help you to rebuild yout plot? More beautiful than it was before?

Your decision-We shall miss you-take good care!
    You belong to this game like....Nadia?

*winghug*

Did you & Flame initially have a single account with multiple sub accounts? I have found in these cases the previous sub account gets no plot reclaim notifications after it got turned into a separate account. I've mentioned this in tickets previously but it's still not resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

yes creme- when all began- on Unity- we shared the same account.

Then came Chaos- then Order.

I`m not sure when we splitted accounts.
    But its long ago.

Thread Information