Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low-End Lairshaping Unit Bulk

Default Low-End Lairshaping Unit Bulk

I wasn't sure whether to make this a bug report or a suggestion.

Make the low-end lairshaping units (imbued bars, primal essences, and excoriations) weigh 80 bulk.

With the recent changes to the resources required to make them, you can easily become too overburdened to move if you have a one-stack disk filled with one resource and your inventory filled with another. This leads to either needing to delete resources you've spent time gathering or having another player bail you out.

80 bulk means that you get the same 1:1 bulk ratio as before, and thus cannot become overburned just by crafting the max number of units possible. (The high-end is fine because 120 bulk with 15:1 resources worked already).

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Default Re: Low-End Lairshaping Unit Bulk

Can this be looked at please? I just accidentally overburdened myself again and it's very, very frustrating.

Actually with the way it is currently if you have a full inventory of resources and just craft one construction resource you'll be overburdened. It just gets worse with the more you craft.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

I support this suggestion. Can anyone say it doesn't make sense?
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Stamping this too-- it is hilariously easy to strand yourself making low-end units now. Example:

• 500 bars in inventory (4000 bulk), the most you can hold.
    • 1000 bricks in one-stack cargo disk (8000 bulk), the most the disk holds.
    • Turn 500 bars and bricks into (500/10=)50 excoriations, leaving 500 bricks in the cargo disk.

Your inventory only had ~4k bulk capacity, but 50 excoriations weighs 6000 bulk. You are overburdened, to put it mildly. Because your disk only holds one stack and already has 4k bulk clogging it up, you can't clear out your disk without trading with someone, using a nearby silo, or deleting resources. If there's nobody nearby and you're out of silo range, you now get to pick between deleting 500 bricks-- not a trivial amount of effort to get in the first place-- or deleting 17 excoriations, also a less-than-trivial amount of work.

As entertaining as nearly having a heart attack the last time I pressed the "craft all" button and nearly stranded myself in my lair was (thank the Noodly one that my smelter is within range of some silos that happened to be empty) it seems like it would be less hassle for everyone if the low-tier lairshaping pieces were brought into line, bulk-wise.

Happened to me too and i find the suggestion very reasonable and logical.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Good request here!

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I wasn't sure whether to make this a bug report or a suggestion.

Make the low-end lairshaping units (imbued bars, primal essences, and excoriations) weigh 80 bulk.

(The high-end is fine because 120 bulk with 15:1 resources worked already).

if I understand this correctly, low lvl lairshaping has 80 bulk and high level 12 bulk for construction pieces?

if so, surely that is a bug a with biped there is a no difference and all are 120 bulk for each (no matter what type) construction piece?

if not a bug: Can we lower the biped ones to 80 also please?
    Last edited by Gimthen; January 28th, 2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: add

No, I'm asking that it be lowered to 80 bulk. But not to make things easier. It's simply to keep players from becoming completely stuck when they craft. Unless the biped resources also underwent a similar change to the dragon lairshaping resources, there should be no need to change them.

Best I remember the Biped Construction Pieces weight was reduced from 150 to 120 in 2005, this to remove the "overburdening trap". Only the Dragon Construction scheme has recently been changed and has introduced the problem described in this thread. IMHO weight 80 is probably appropriate in view of the new ratios in the Dragon Construction ingredients.

Knossos

happened to me again.
    Of course with the Imbued Platinum Bars.
    And the silo was like 1 step too far - again.

Please?
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I am sorry, but the bulk for lairshaping materials will not be changing.

If you bring equal amounts of both resources to the crafting chamber with you, then you will be able to put the "extra" lairshaping resources into your now empty cargo disk and move around the lair without becoming overburdened.

There's no reason to take a full disk of one resource, in other words. Balance out what is in your disk with what is in your inventory and you'll be just fine.

Alternatively you could consider using a cargo disk other than the Helian/Lunus one, such as a Deluxe Marble which offers 8k bulk and 10 stack or a Cargo Flyer (Sovereign is 10 stack, 9k bulk).
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 2nd, 2012 at 02:50 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    I am sorry, but the bulk for lairshaping materials will not be changing.
    Why not?

<message length>
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    Why not?

<message length>
    We see no need for it to be decreased as there is no need when there are other solutions available to you including the use of different styles of cargo disks, different locations for crafting, etc.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

other solutions you say?
    Like:
    1. why bother crafting in a lair (the one that you actually own and still build)? a biped plot is more convenient, right?
    2. why crafting efficiently when you can actually limit yourself to craft within the capacity of a multi disk, right? (Yes I do have the lvl 100 single item flyer and also the lvl 100 multi item flyer - but being only lvl 91 laishaper i have to use the lvl80 one...)

Amon, i had a silo with bars and the single disk full with orbs. I dragged bars to inventory filling it up, then i crafted the imbued bars. I found myself overburdened (Thicklesip scenario) and the other empty silo which i opened to store the freshly made imbued bars gave me the "too far" message.
    I had to log in the lvl 15 biped on the free account and use his 1k inventory to move the extra load in a silo...

You guys were asking "why don't you have a plot?" . At least for lairs there are a lot of inconveniences and you can add a new one to it...

PS> Amon, "alternatively" I'm starting to reconsider if I will keep the plot after the 6 months sub expires (dumb me, yeah!) or even if i keep the payed account open.
    At least with a free account I will have no sorry feelings for my money especially with this kind of mockery answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    PS> Amon, "alternatively" I'm starting to reconsider if I will keep the plot after the 6 months sub expires (dumb me, yeah!) or even if i keep the payed account open.
    At least with a free account I will have no sorry feelings for my money especially with this kind of mockery answers.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. We're simply trying to explain why we don't feel it needs to be changed and trying to explain our justification like you all were trying to explain yours in favor.

The Exceptional Helian/Lunus Flyer (Tier4) allows 10 stacks and 7000 bulk which will almost meet your needs (certainly it will on the first batch).

Please don't feel discouraged from explaining, Amon. I don't know if you do, but I can imagine how you might after Northwind's post, so I just wanted to reassure you in any case that explanations are always appreciated and I thank you for responding to my request for one.

I expect that Siivyra, being a very experienced and dedicated lairshaper, will be able to offer the most useful input on the alternatives you and Velea suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    other solutions you say?
    Like:
    1. why bother crafting in a lair (the one that you actually own and still build)? a biped plot is more convenient, right?
    2. why crafting efficiently when you can actually limit yourself to craft within the capacity of a multi disk, right? (Yes I do have the lvl 100 single item flyer and also the lvl 100 multi item flyer - but being only lvl 91 laishaper i have to use the lvl80 one...)

Amon, i had a silo with bars and the single disk full with orbs. I dragged bars to inventory filling it up, then i crafted the imbued bars. I found myself overburdened (Thicklesip scenario) and the other empty silo which i opened to store the freshly made imbued bars gave me the "too far" message.
    I had to log in the lvl 15 biped on the free account and use his 1k inventory to move the extra load in a silo...

You guys were asking "why don't you have a plot?" . At least for lairs there are a lot of inconveniences and you can add a new one to it...

- /ragequit

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

I know that I can craft with a multi disk or even without a disk and using only the inventory.
    Heck, I can even craft the materials one by one but, as any other "workaround", it will not be efficient nor enjoyable.

And that's what we're talking about: efficient crafting - and in this aspect the issue at hand is an "overburdening trap" as Knossos rightly described it.
    If you guys don't want to change it, then DON'T and reply with a simple "there are no plans to change it now or in the near future" and not with the mockery answer you just gave.

Thread Information