Thread: Now for some positivity!

Default Now for some positivity!

With all the rants and negative posts, I feel there's a genuine need for a HAPPY post!

Christmas is underway, new years eve as well (what a surprise huh?)

And Hz isstill alive!

I'd like to say cheers to all you players who still enjoy this game. You've been through some hard times, and you're all still very friendly! I just returned to the game after quitting in january, and, with all the MMOs I've touched, I've yet to see a finer community than in Horizons.
    If nothing else, that should be the reason for playing. To relax and enjoy the company of likeminded people.

Keep the spirit, and remember to look at the bright side :)
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

Default Re: Now for some positivity!

People are not ranting because of the game or the community, just for the shard hosting service quality.

When the game is up, we are all happy and honey. If it crashes and stays like that for 6-8 hours of Friday primetime with no intervention nor message from GN, all are pissed and bile.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Nice to read somebody's post who still haspositive thoughts, however, I think you will find that a good few of the recent threads were born from people not being able to log in and "relax whilst enjoying the company of like minded people".

I am sure that there would have not been so many frustrated posts lately had there not have been the downtime and then an absolute failure in communication with the player base as to what had gone wrong with a little reassurance that the problem was being worked upon.

Like you said though, currently the thing that this game can hold up with pride is its existing player base - with a different "type" of fellow player I am not sure that I would still be hanging in here.

Rainbow

Well we must be close to 1 year of the official launch.

1 year!

Shaw el Shadai Moking
    'Coming at ya...like a spring!'

Aye, I know of the recent problems - and I know of GNs failure to inform the public.
    I was just plain lucky that I was on server and stayed there for most of the login-server downtime. It got a bit lonely in the end tho, we were down to 30 players at midnight CET..

My point was not to critize the rants, they were justified imo - my point was to show other new players checking the forums, that we also have some good things going (I noticed that 90% of the topics on page 1 was negative, seemed a bit outta balance :D)
    Celenor Sarafien - Unity - Proud member of Shinzawai.
    93 ranger/47 healer/37 tailor/36 mage/21 weaver/15 fletcher

I agree with you ThunderZtorm, there is a lot of negative threads on the forum...

But the problem comes from 2 sides...
    Some quests have been a problem for many weeks for example the Helian RoP and thus with time many people who have been waiting for completing or starting it are kind of getting annoyed...
    The feedback as to how far they are of fixing it is I am afraid very rare or better said none existent...

In other words...
    We complain too often and in to many different threads, but a clear feedback from Devs as to a solution or current status of the problems is also not provided which only causes more unrest among players and yet more start to complain...

Maybe a nice idea...
    Lets create 1 thread a month where people can complain and the others are deleted by standard... lol

But eventhough there is a lot of work to be done to make the game perfect...
    When the server is up its for me an addiction... [:S]
    And when the server is down I am annoyed with boredom... [:P]

For the moment the game is still fun and full of challenges in my eyes...
    And the best point... I love my good old Hatchy!!!
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderZtorm
    With all the rants and negative posts, I feel there's a genuine need for a HAPPY post!

Christmas is underway, new years eve as well (what a surprise huh?)

And Hz isstill alive!

I'd like to say cheers to all you players who still enjoy this game. You've been through some hard times, and you're all still very friendly! I just returned to the game after quitting in january, and, with all the MMOs I've touched, I've yet to see a finer community than in Horizons.
    If nothing else, that should be the reason for playing. To relax and enjoy the company of likeminded people.

Keep the spirit, and remember to look at the bright side [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

So how much they pay you for this post then m8? [:P] Seriously tho , yeah fine ; positive attitude is good to have but without feedback or response to concerns is a little difficult to stomach!!!!

I have played since January, so I'm not a noob.

I remember when I had class based quests for my ranger to do,to give grinding some interest.

I remember when mobs would spawn a blob shadow so that you could avoid getting ambushed by several high level mobs.

I remember when mobs actually spawned frequently, and regularly in the same area.

I remember when killing a named mob often/almost alwaysyeilded a nice reward such 5 journeyman tokens, or 10 Imperial bounty markers, or a hoard item.

I remember when AE posted regular udates on tazoon and presented a vision for the next few months.

I remember when a new patch was not JUST bug fixes and content additions for crafters and dragons.

I remember when the EU login page actually showed whether the server(s) was/were online or not, and how heavily populated, and did not give you a certificate warning at start upor "server full" message at game start up.

I remember when GN through Luca posted A LOT, about and to the EU community.

You can claim I'm JUST being negative, but I also speak the truth. Why do I not post about positive stuff? Maybe because most if not all the of positive stuff recently has been for crafters and dragons. I dont' want to spend the next few months working on a plot waiting for adventure content. I've seen my guild of 60 members (25 active at any one time) dwindle to 20 (4-5 active). Those who remain are working on their plots. I don't want to spend the next few months working on a plot while I wait for elven buildings to be added to the game.

Had the game NOT got worse, in many ways I probably WOULD wait.

Well, for those, who dont know what to do, or who are bored, have more fun on channels...

One very good thing is party...I met on dragon party so many interesting people, we were laughing and having fun all time...and from party i get my dragoness and after nearly 2 months, i married her - bonded.

Have fun,love and peace...forever

Thread Information