Thread: LA Noire

Default LA Noire

Kinda strange nobody said anything about this game.

It came out quite a bit ago (last year sometime), and I never saw any posts about it, but then again, I never really paid much attention to the game until someone very strongly recommended it to me.

I tried it, and... woah. Yeah, okay, I was very pleasantly surprised.

It was the first Rockstar game I ever tried (I must be one of the weird ones who never really got into the GTA series).

The game is very mature (nudity, gore, dark themes), but yet the gameplay is very good and the storyline was very well done.

Just kinda surprised nobody mentioned this gem of a game here, might have tried it sooner if they had. lol.

Anyways, anyone else here ever play that? Obviously, a game like LA Noire is not a game one should spoil, so we should keep spoilers to a minimum in any discussions...

Default Re: LA Noire

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    It was the first Rockstar game I ever tried (I must be one of the weird ones who never really got into the GTA series).
    Red Dead Redemption not catch your interest either?
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Default Re: LA Noire

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    Red Dead Redemption not catch your interest either?
    I've heard of that, but never really checked into it yet.

FPS Survival games (I assume that's what this is?) tend to be on the crazy difficult side, or at least the ones I've tried were. I like a game that's more casual when it comes to difficulty level, I don't have the sheer time to replay a level 50 times until I finally clear it. Back when I was a kid, I didn't mind doing that, but now that I'm older, I enjoy just getting some gameplay, seeing the sights and story rather than defeating ____ for bragging rights.

Though... I will brag a little, that I was one of the few who managed to finish Battletoads for the NES with no cheating (except for the in-game level warps).

But ahem.

I might check Red Dead Redemption someday.

Thread Information