Thread: Unused Gatherer and Miner Skills

Default Unused Gatherer and Miner Skills

Would it be possible to remove the unused skills of dowsing and prospecting and redistribute the points into processing skills (spinning, smelting, etc.)? Since gatherer and miner are harvesting and processing experts, and are a PITA to level, I think this change would both make sense and provide an extra reward for leveling these classes.

Thanks for listening! ... and I apologize in advance if this has been previously suggested before.
    fangorus
    -----------------
    What would YOU Do?

Default Re: Unused Gatherer and Miner Skills

What do you mean by redistributing the points?

I have wondered if Dowsing and Prospecting do anything. I guess that's a no. :/
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Instead of 10 points per level in spinning, smelting, stoneworking, lumbering, etc., bump it to 11 points per level while taking out dowsing and prospecting.
    fangorus
    -----------------
    What would YOU Do?

Prospecting doesn't do anything in this game, just one of the few skills that made it live when the game was made and they never did anything with. Dowsing, im not sure about. Probably the same.

I don't understand why you want these points "redistributed" though. Not every crafting class gets the same amount of points per lvl. Blacksmith gets 102 points per lvl where jeweler only gets 61. So if they were to remove these skills (which would be a waste of time) they would just leave the points per skill (per level) the same.

Would it be nice for smelting, spinning, stoneworking, lumbering, and essence shaping to get a 11 per lvl.. oh yea

In this case, I'd simply request for them to up the stat points per lvl. Makes a hell of a lot more sense than removing skills to boost others.. they can just up them anyways if they want

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Or, better yet, they could actually make these skills mean/do something instead of sit there unused.

It'd be nice if, say, Prospecting would give you a Skill / 10 % chance of adding 1-3 resources per dig, or, maybe a Skill / 50 % chance that you'll get additional resources...

Say if you have 500 skill at Level 50, that means you'd either get 50% chance of getting 1-3 more per dig, or, with the other idea, you'd get 10% more chance of finding bonus resources when digging.

Obviously, you'd give Dowsing to Gatherer and it'd do the same thing, only for Gathering materials.

That'd give Miner/Gatherer schools more of an advantage, especially on anything less than T6.

When you're digging up T1-T4, having Miner/Gatherer leveled up doesn't give you much of any bonus whatsoever, and I think that's kind of boring. My idea (if it were possible with engine constraints) would give Miners/Gatherers a bonus through all tiers of mining/gathering.

The only problem with my idea is that it would put Dragons at a major disadvantage unless they added a "Dragon Gatherer" crafting school (it'd give those veteran dragons something to do?), or, tie these effects into the dragon's "Craft Mastery V" and "Craft Mastery X" quests.

But then, on the other hand, dragons can fly and bipeds cannot. Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Or, better yet, they could actually make these skills mean/do something instead of sit there unused.

It'd be nice if, say, Prospecting would give you a Skill / 10 % chance of adding 1-3 resources per dig, or, maybe a Skill / 50 % chance that you'll get additional resources...

Say if you have 500 skill at Level 50, that means you'd either get 50% chance of getting 1-3 more per dig, or, with the other idea, you'd get 10% more chance of finding bonus resources when digging.

Obviously, you'd give Dowsing to Gatherer and it'd do the same thing, only for Gathering materials.

That'd give Miner/Gatherer schools more of an advantage, especially on anything less than T6.

When you're digging up T1-T4, having Miner/Gatherer leveled up doesn't give you much of any bonus whatsoever, and I think that's kind of boring. My idea (if it were possible with engine constraints) would give Miners/Gatherers a bonus through all tiers of mining/gathering.

The only problem with my idea is that it would put Dragons at a major disadvantage unless they added a "Dragon Gatherer" crafting school (it'd give those veteran dragons something to do?), or, tie these effects into the dragon's "Craft Mastery V" and "Craft Mastery X" quests.

But then, on the other hand, dragons can fly and bipeds cannot. Meh.
    Good idea, but from what I understand... They can't change the mechanics of mining and quarrying. Something that has been asked a few times is once you become opt at mining/quarring, say bronze/sandstone, that we hit for 7-20 instead of 1-20. Devs said this change wasn't possible.

Personally, I find it troubling to have a skill of 1400 quarrying/mining and hit sandstone/bronze for 1, 1, 5, 3, 19, 1, 2, 1, 5, 7, 14, 8, 4

I don't see them being able to implement and adjust this bonus system you speak of. Although I like it

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    Good idea, but from what I understand... They can't change the mechanics of mining and quarrying. Something that has been asked a few times is once you become opt at mining/quarring, say bronze/sandstone, that we hit for 7-20 instead of 1-20. Devs said this change wasn't possible.

Personally, I find it troubling to have a skill of 1400 quarrying/mining and hit sandstone/bronze for 1, 1, 5, 3, 19, 1, 2, 1, 5, 7, 14, 8, 4

I don't see them being able to implement and adjust this bonus system you speak of. Although I like it
    I know that, but I thought that maybe they could tweak the % chance you get bonus resources or something instead of the 7-20 idea. That's why I suggested +% bonus or +1-3 added on after you pick a node, which would surely be different? But maybe not.

Was just a suggestion.

Another idea, if possible by engine limitations: Make it so that Prospecting/Dowsing gives a + skill/50% chance that a pick will not reduce a node by one.

Example: A normal node has 20 hits on it.

You have 1000 Prospecting/Dowsing Skill.

Each time you hit the node, you have a 20% chance that your hit will not reduce the node's number of hits remaining, allowing you to gather more resources from the given node until it is depleted. This would yield roughly 20% (give or take due to RNG) more, allowing the miner/gatherer to gather more resources without running out of nodes.

Thread Information