Thread: Clap of thunder.

Default Clap of thunder.

Storm Disciple ability. A 10 min recycle for a 2-3 second stun seems a little extreme. Would it be possible to lower it to a minute?

Default Re: Clap of thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooolios View Post
    Storm Disciple ability. A 10 min recycle for a 2-3 second stun seems a little extreme. Would it be possible to lower it to a minute?
    A minute is way to low. 3-5 minutes seems more reasonable. Only reason I say.

Theres a 5 minute recycle on Critical strike! hahaha. We should probably lower GR to 15 seconds though, really.

haha. Just messing.

Seriously though, I agree. 10 minutes is way to long. 3 minutes sounds good. I'm not familiar with this ability but are you sure it only lasts 2-3 seconds? Is it a stun that stays on the mob until you hit it again or somehting?

If it reallly is only 2-3 seconds.. Than maybe increasing the spell timer to 15 seconds with a 5 minute recycle would be better.
    Last edited by Finkledbody; February 8th, 2012 at 01:53 PM.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Unfortunately it is only a 2-3 stun that does no damage.
    Imo 3min would still make the ability not really worthwhile. If you take a look at the Thunder spell you'll see that it does damage, has a 2-3 sec area stun, and only has a 15 second recycle.

I appreciate your point here and I agree that 5 minutes is too long. I also think that 15 seconds is far too fast. However, I don't feel that I can properly alter either of these abilities/spells without looking into all of the other myriad of stuns/mezzes. In addition, the lack of any sort of temporary stun-immunity (to prevent perma-chain-stunning) also hinders things in my opinion.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Awesome and I understand at the same time. I do not think an alteration of the Thunder spell to be necessary simply being Clap of Thunder is class specific and non masterable and modifying Thunder would be felt all around for mystic classes.

Would changing it to and area wide mez be more appropriate with the time reduction? That prevents chain stunning, would be removed with damage, and its still class specific much like area spellbind.

If thunder just hits near you it sorta makes sense that you freeze if its super loud

Thanks for response and the consideration:P)))

Just as an afternote, since you sorta, kinda indicated that you might be willing to look into the other stuns/mezzes... as a lvl 100 STMD, I rarely use Clap of Thunder because of the cool down andnd I can get the same effect with other spells and even lightning claws (as annoying as others find the sound )
    Master Annai Aditu of the Storm
    Proud member of the Order of the Talon, Chaos
    "I'm a fair, fragile flower of femininity...and if you don't believe me I'll rip your face off!"

Thread Information