Thread: Proper Client Setup

Default Proper Client Setup

I wonder if anyone can point me to how to set up Istaria to run nicely? I have a good and powerful computer, and I'm a bit saddened on how Istaria processes models and textures. I've bumped everything up to max accept shadows really, so I'm wondering if there's a way to enhance this.

Currently when I fly around, and a dragon appears on screen, they're VERY low poly models. When I walk up to said other dragon, they are still very low poly models and textures.

I literally have to zoom my camera in, swivel it around to get a really close look at them... in order to get the higher poly model so I can see their head shape and stuff, and get clearer textures. It's really annoying =(

Is there any way that I can force Istaria to just... give me the high rez model? I'd think this is something client side, not server side.

Note: I'm not asking for it to render other players out further. I'd just like to be able to see the other player in higher detail once I walk up to them for sure [though it would be nice if they were further out, rendered nicely.] So ya...

Does that make sense? I try and see a dragon's head style and I don't see it until I wheel around and zoom in on them. =(

Default Re: Proper Client Setup

"Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

*Nuzzles*

Yay! Looking forward to trying this when I get home!

Eeek, i need to use the NEW ancient models? D=

Quote Originally Posted by Chioxin View Post
    Eeek, i need to use the NEW ancient models? D=
    No, I use Soraii's mod with the original Ancient models. I think there isn't any actual overlap between them, or if there is it doesn't adversely affect either of them. Not entirely sure how it works.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

"Original" ancient size mod can crop up some conflicts, I keep trying to remember which mods mine refused to play nice with but I can't recall whether it was the high-rez mod or Solitaire's tooth-and-claw colors. One of the two. Everything worked together swimmingly for hatchlings and adults, but ancients ended up loading high-rez, original-size bodies/wings and low-rez, new-size heads. Which was doubly hilarious because said heads wanted to be attached where they'd go if the body was new-size so... high-rez ancients with Lego heads sticking out of the middle of their necks.

It wasn't pretty.

Anywho, if Xoshara says high-rez and original ancients plays nice for them, you're most likely set. Unless you chuck Solitaire's c'n't recolor in there, in which case something might go wrong. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    "Original" ancient size mod can crop up some conflicts, I keep trying to remember which mods mine refused to play nice with but I can't recall whether it was the high-rez mod or Solitaire's tooth-and-claw colors. One of the two. Everything worked together swimmingly for hatchlings and adults, but ancients ended up loading high-rez, original-size bodies/wings and low-rez, new-size heads. Which was doubly hilarious because said heads wanted to be attached where they'd go if the body was new-size so... high-rez ancients with Lego heads sticking out of the middle of their necks.

It wasn't pretty.
    But this had been fixed.
    => http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...t=18876&page=2

Original Ancient size and hi-rez MOD shouldn't conflict anyway.
    Last edited by Firebrand; February 8th, 2012 at 11:51 PM.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

All three--the original Ancient size mod, the high-rez model, and Solitaire's colors mod--work together on my client. I wish I'd kept track of how I achieved that, although I really didn't do anything very special, just downloaded the right files.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    But this had been fixed.
    => http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...t=18876&page=2

Original Ancient size and hi-rez MOD shouldn't conflict anyway.
    That is the best response I've ever gotten to my more off-topic rambling complaints. And woah, this is REALLY really hi-rez, the old version I had only managed to bring models at a distance up to just-below-perfect texture. Thank you SO much! I can finally get away with having max-sized Thickle again!

(And then I spent the evening trying to figure out why my takeoff animation has a dead period at the end where I'm in the air but can't move but no matter, I needed an excuse to fix my run/walk animations anyways.)

In short: I rescind my earlier complaint. Everything is awesome and good and my problem was that I was using old and busted files, apparently.

i cant really see 10 ft in front of me because everything has to load up like it does on blight
    http://dragcave.net/image/HJS6N.gif one day we can touch the skies together!

Thread Information