Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Resurrection and rescue (RP On)

Default Re: Resurrection and rescue (RP On)

The pit is very deep and the flame does not allow one to the see bottom. To the primalist though, there are faint senses of energies linked to a stone on the far left wall and a stone on the far right wall in the small hall that leads to the doors.
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

*looking down in the pit as the ball of light falls, he sees the pit as having an endless bottom. *

"yeesh... don't fall down there.... you might never land." he says aloud, then crawls his way to the other side where LungTien sits, and lands beside him after he disloges himself from the wall.

"so, LungTien... what do you sense? how can we get this door open?" Romirez asks, as he uses his own Primal magic to hope to sense whatever Lungtien senses. he doesn't have as much Primal magic power as LungTien does, but he is quite capable. he might not detect all the magic lines or stuff that the black primalist does.

Ryzaak flicks an ear as Lungtien creates the glowing blue light, still examining the runes, he can only decifer one or two, but he can`t piece them together. "Reagle, nieo can read runes, can nieo figure any of these out?"
    At this, Reagle pads to the door, looking at them one by one. "they`re scribed in naka mainly." He frowns, then look back at what Lungtien`s doing, curious himself, he cranes his neck over the pit, and looks down.

(sorry so late reply, real life`s been keeping my super busy XD oh!! getting a new job soon! k I`m not sure about the mapping here, but let me know if my descriptions are alright ^^)

The Helian primalist finally senses another source of energy and turns his head towards the doors' direction. Letting his primal flame fade, Temeraire walks back near the said doors and narrows his eyes while studying the energy-filled stones he just detected.

"Hmmm, I wonder if..." *He stops talking as his expression turns thoughful, and the spellcaster waves a forepaw to try and activate the magical stones, hoping it would unlock and open the portal. LungTien still doesn't step right in front of the doors, though, having noticed Dawn of Sands is seemingly reluctant to reply to his previous request. This could definitely not increase the trust the dragon feels towards the saris.

Frith remained on the wall even after crossing over the pit to the other side, where Temeraire and several others were.

She looked around, senses open to try and detect any warning should a trap be triggered. She watched the other dragons studying the doorway but did not bother to move forward herself, as she had no talent nor eye for magical runes.

She looked back the way they had come. She felt like a sitting duck, trapped in this room, for who-knows-what to come along at any time and attack.

((Ooc sorry, not much for her ot do or respond to but I'm still here! She'll just wait till the others figure out how to open it lol))
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

(*Cracks knuckles*)

*The Primalist would find that the stones are very easily pressed, sinking into the wall about 6 inches. A loud clicking is heard following the pressure placed on the stones, and the massive doors begin to slowly swing open. Grinding against the floor, they are far from quiet, unfortunately.

Beyond the doors only darkness can be seen at first, as the glowing runes would have offset people's night vision for a few moments. Within seconds of the doors completing their movement, a rain of deadly arrows comes firing out of the darkness. Travelling easily fast enough to pierce through thick metal, some of these arrows appear to be lined with electricity.

Anyone remotely near the doors could be possibly hit, as the halls are just big enough for an ancient to squeeze through. Smaller creatures such as bipeds and adults would have more of a chance to avoid injury*
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

((I have to drop out until you reach the end room - life is about to get stupidly busy between assisting an art festival and work over the next while.))

Sensitive cat ears pick up the faint sound of bowstrings being drawn as the door starts to slide open. It would be too easy to be killed in the confusion by a stray bolt...

Krosah reaches in her pocket and vanishes in a faint flash of light as she touches a stone in her pocket.

Luckily for reagle still being in his khutit form, he ducks down onto his scaley belly, placing his paws over his head "MEEP!"
    Ryzaak being in ghost form, and too large, is unable to dodge the arrows, but rather swipes at them with a paw.

(I would think arrows would pass right through him since he`s a ghost. but then again Istarian rule may differ XD)

LungTien smiles as the doors open. Expecting a trap as always, he decides to cast a Shield of Gold... just in time to gasp when arrows are shot in his direction. The shield manages to block the simple arrows, but the energized ones pierce the dragon's scales and bite his flesh.

Temeraire hisses loudly as his focus is interrupted, breaking his spell. The black primalist falls on the ground, before moaning and casting healing spells. More would be needed to take him down but this was still unpleasant.

(sorry for posting this here but I haven't many other means to do it... Darkwing Duck, your PM box is full and you can no longer receive PMs, you should make some room in it)

*The arrows would likely pass through the ghost, though the electrical energies would give him a zap or two. After the first volley, no more arrows follow, just an eerie silence in the darkness. Seconds pass before a resounding THUNK and what sounds like an explosion rattles the walls of the passage way. Ripping through the air flies a massive ballista bolt about the length of an ancient's body and barbed with wicked teeth*

Upon getting a good zap from the electricaly charged arrows, Ryzaak grits his teeth, and growls. Reagle still on the floor in his khutit form looks up for a moment after the arrows are gone, then ducks again as the balista charges towards them all. Ryzaak simply closes his eyes, even though he knows the balista will past through him.

*Romirez looked at the doors as they opened, it looks like they finally.... what was that? * he picked up arrow noises with his huge fin-ears, he instinctually dived out of the way as a wall of arrows came at him. ((come at me bro?))

he was quick... but not as fast as that last arrow to get lodged in his calf muscle was. he hit the wall headfirst, which granted him a large headache as well.

"OW, By Drulkar's Scales... stupid traps!" Romirez exclaimed rather loudly, as blood seeps down his leg and foot. he growls as he starts pulling on the shaft, trying to get the arrow out, but his muscle fibers are holding it in place. he gritted his teeth, and started to move it, getting it loose bit by bit, despite the pain he felt.

suddenly though, he picked up a CLICK!!, and looked up, seeing a GIGANTIC Ballista bolt fly out of the door. Romirez just blinked at that... didn't expect THAT. he continued to weasel the arrow out bit by bit... probably requiring help with it.

Thankfully, the black dragon was laying on his flank and on the ground, and he manages to flatten himself on it, avoiding the ballista bolt. The arrows he had got still makes him let loose a noticeable groan as the heavy bolt flies above his head.

Adter the balista passes, reagle notices Romirez struggling to pull the arow out of his leg, unaware an arrow is in his own tail, he snips the arrowhead off, to make it easier for Romirez to pull the rest of the shaft out, finaly he feels a stinging, throbbing pain in his tail, and looks to see an arrow stuck in it. "Oh for crying out loud, what a place to get struck" He growls, and does the same with this arrow as Romirez`s. Growling as he pulls the shaft out.

*After the intense barrage of arrows and the ballista bolt, all seems to be entirely silent down the dark hall from whence they came*

Romirez sat on his butt, digging the last of the arrow out of his leg in silence. the arrows stopped coming, so the way was probably clear. he looked around, seeing Reagle and LungTien also dig arrows out of their hide.

"it looks like it's clear for now guys... we should get moving." Romirez said aloud as he attempted to get up. he put all of his weight on his good leg, and attempted to put weight on his bad leg. the pain started as soon as he put his foot on the ground. this might be bad. romirez thought to himself. he raised his left hand, and casted a Quickening Breeze spell, to speed up the healing, and to save his bigger heals for when he absolutely needed them. for now, he was content to limp along. it was painful, but he could move, and the breeze helped alot. he waited for LungTien to get up and start moving.

( I would like to join if possible, with Pearion! )
    You look down on me, but you don't look down on me at all. You smile and laugh and I feel the love you have for me...I think we're going somewhere. And we're onto something good here. We're gonna make it after all.

(You can, it is open for everyone, but the way to where the group is currently is full of traps and dangers...)

((ooc: sorry...had a really hectic month and haven't been on forums as much...))

Frith braced herself as the door slowly slid open. She was on a side wall and had stayed out of the way of those gathered by the door.

She heard the first few arrows chink into dragon armor and pressed herself against the wall she was on, half-spreading her wings to get them as close to the wall as possible. Most arrows cleared her, but a few gouged her backscales as they flew by and she snarled.

She was still pressed against the wall as the ballista launched. As soon as it cleared she crawled forward along the wall and then back down to the floor; hurrying over to those who were wounded.

"Anyone need some help..." she was not a spellcaster but she had the same basic set of healing spells all dragons knew. If she could spare the spellcasters energy for more important spells she had no problems helping with healing now.

She moved up to Temeraire and cast her own healing spell on top of his; hoping to hasten his healing.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information