Thread: Caster Monks?

Flachette

Default Caster Monks?

Wanted to see if there were any of you out there. i started a new toon a little while back cause im bored with my main so im making a dwarf Mage / Flame Disciple. Was wondering if there were any others and what you put your tps intoand tech with etc. im kinda new to the monk and mage side so wanted to see other ideas. So far Ive been putting all my Tps max into evasion and then equally between power and health. So far it actually seems a pretty effective combo no matter if im in mage mode or monk mode.

Crissa

Default Re: Caster Monks?

This is a very effective combonation, since in each mode you have damage specials while your spells completely cross over.

It's a hard choice; monk is better if you have alot of another class under your belt...

...But the monk's melee ability always translates with it.

I play a Spirit Disciple/Healer, and I think I'm going to add Shaman to round out the spells.

-Crissa

Heya Flachette!
    It depends a lot on how you want to do your damage. I am assuming that you want to be primarily a caster with Melee backup, in which case you have a good selection for your TP. For jewelry the old adage "Health>ALL" applies ESPECIALLY at lower levels. Get Health Jewelry, then tech it out with whatever you like, for example power techs, Flame, etc. As I mentioned in another thread, get 2 levels of warrior and hand wraps for Parry as a monk, and a staff to parry asa mage.

When I multi out to another class, I usually just wear my cargo gear, it didn't really make much of a difference until around my level 60 set of leathers since i was wearing cotton cargoand damage ALWAYS hurt either way.

Good luck! Feel free to hit me up for any questions in game. ;)

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

If you are keeping mage and flmd at similar levels you would be best leaving handwraps equiped as a mage. Why you ask? Because your unarmed skill will be higher than your two hand crush so more chance of parrying.

I agree health is one of the best things you can invest in regardless of class... Wish I had have invested in health when I was training in disciple hehe.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Thread Information