Thread: (Super Late) 3rd Annual Festival of Ash

Default (Super Late) 3rd Annual Festival of Ash

Yeah, I know, it's supper late. ;p

I had really hoped that someone would take up the mantle and run it in my stead, but that never happened, so I'll be hosting it Saturday, the 25th. If someone wants to be the Speaker of the Flame, contact me in game and we can talk, otherwise I'll just do it.

As a reminder to those who have done it before - and to let those who have not know - the Festival of Ash is the dragon winter holiday. There will be a parade, hoard-givings and tradings, speeches, storytelling, races, food, a hunt for hatchlings, and a parting ceremony. All of this takes place in Dralk.

If you wish to participate, you only need to show up, but it would also be fun if you could bring some hoard to trade/give, or have a story to tell.

I am bad with time, but I am thinking that 1PM, PST would be a good time to run this. If someone could leave a chart of times in other places, that would be great. If you have trouble with this time, or think it would better later/earlier, please post here and I'll see what I can do.

I hope to see you there, Saturday, Feb 25, at 1pm PST.
    Last edited by Kaerisk; February 17th, 2012 at 10:51 PM.
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

Default Re: (Super Late) 3rd Annual Festival of Ash

Nearly content-devoid post: a tool to help convert among time zones is http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_UTC.aspx . Using that:

US West Coast (UTC-8): 1300 Feb 25
    US East Coast (UTC-5): 1600 Feb 25
    London, UK (UTC): 2100 Feb 25
    Berlin, Germany (UTC+1): 2200 Feb 25

Someone feel free to correct the times if I botched it.

Default Re: (Super Late) 3rd Annual Festival of Ash

Weeeee~

As I write this, I am exhausted. Was a lot longer than I thought it would be ;p 5 hours of festival-y goodness~

Thanks to everyone who came out and participated in the events. Gratz to the winners of the hatchling races - Kaelara, Aesuth, Riheno, and also Katharisiss and Symazok~

Helians won the flight race again this year, making it three years in a row the sneaky Helians snatched victory. It helps that I was representing Helian. ;p Slee put up a good flight for Lunus.

The first hoard scramble was a lot of fun, but I will have to add more time next year! Throwing hoard all over the place was quite memorable. ;p

And we had stories told by Slee, Riheno, Qarrezel, Janesaphira, Katharisiss, Kolodi, Lungtien, and of course myself. If I missed you, I apologize! We had a lot of stories over our official and unofficial telling.

We had Symazok, Aesuth, Katharisiss and Kaelara participate in the Turgoth hunt, which was a rousing success. Each brought back a shard of flame for the shrine, and were compensated for their great efforts.

The parade was still a herd of saris. I will work on that next year. ;p

And of course, everyone chowed down on lots of food! Thanks to whoever it is who keeps filling up the Aughundel tavern!

Thanks again for everyone who showed out. Sorry if you couldn't make it this year, but don't worry. I have an idea for next year that might help. I look forward to our next Festival of Ash and future RP events!
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

Thread Information