Thread: Claw Tech Kits [And other tech kits too!]

Default Claw Tech Kits [And other tech kits too!]

So... I'm annoyed a little bit. Mostly because I'm trying to make some scales and claws, and I can't figure out for the life of me what these tech kits do. I thought if I MADE one of each, I could read what they did! No, not at all...

The descriptions are full of nothing useful! So, I come begging you guys for what it is I should be looking at and why. What SHOULD I put on my scales?

Let's just deal with claws, as of now, I have three tech kits! Here's what they say TO THE LETTER.

Deadly: This technique will allow the user to modify claws that while equipped will cause use of ravage to be more accurate and more damaging.

Battle-Forged: This technique will allow the user to modify claws to be more powerful and do greater damage while equiped

Sharper: This technique will allow the user to modify claws to be more accurate and do greater damage while equipped

-----
    I'm given no stats what so ever to tell me how any of these will work. At just a glance, I'd say I should apply "Sharper" because, well, It gives me accuracy AND more damage. Everyone and their mother though says "Do Deadly." On top of that, why not maybe Battle-Forged? Does it do MORE damage over all than the rest?

So... ya...

My whine is that the thing which tells you what effect it has, is useless and further more confusing!

My question is, are there any documents that tell me what these things exactly do for me? I'd like to make an educated opinion as to what I'm sticking on my claw =P

Default Re: Claw Tech Kits [And other tech kits too!]

Release Notes and search are your friends... From the Delta 218 (the most recent currently on Blight) notes:

Dragon Tech Kits now contain details about their effects when applied to scales.
    And this also: http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Rending
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

lol Chio- we had the same prob- and still have with all the wonderful new techs.
    We found out with trying: Deadly is best (for us) on claw (though we have claws with all other techs too)
    Make combat wingscales with piecing winds- you will be pleased.
    We teched our headscale too- I switch between teched and triple socket.

Cant explain why and what: Just found out.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

AmonGwareth

I shouldn't have to apply it to a scale to know what it does stat wise, especially when it is not reversable! It should say it on the tech when I'm looking at it in the craft window. Instead I get "fluff" text that doesn't really help me discern between them what they do, and as Lovwyrm points out, I want "Deadly" apparently when I thought I would rather have "Sharper," as its fluff text points out I get increased damage AND accuracy.

But anyhow, the wiki says more. Yay.

Thanks Lovwyrm! By the description I would have thought "Sharper" was better, but I can see that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chioxin View Post
    AmonGwareth

I shouldn't have to apply it to a scale to know what it does stat wise, especially when it is not reversable! It should say it on the tech when I'm looking at it in the craft window. Instead I get "fluff" text that doesn't really help me discern between them what they do, and as Lovwyrm points out, I want "Deadly" apparently when I thought I would rather have "Sharper," as its fluff text points out I get increased damage AND accuracy.

But anyhow, the wiki says more. Yay.

Thanks Lovwyrm! By the description I would have thought "Sharper" was better, but I can see that's not the case.
    You are correct, thats why I pointed out that patch note.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Oh, wow, I'm a dork! Alright, sorry Amon! That's what is TO COME... =) Durrrr... I'm... going to go and crawl in my hole... Sorry >..>

Well, i did it the hard way and made 4 claws and 4 tier 5 techs... so i ended up with:
    - Rending claw: crap - maybe devs will take a look at it since even a dot from a lvl100 crystal seems better than Rending, especially since you cannot stack Rending with another dragon tech
    - Sharper - decent - close to battle forged
    - Battle-Forged - good
    - Deadly - better than any of the above
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Well, i did it the hard way and made 4 claws and 4 tier 5 techs... so i ended up with:
    - Rending claw: crap - maybe devs will take a look at it since even a dot from a lvl100 crystal seems better than Rending, especially since you cannot stack Rending with another dragon tech
    - Battle-Forged - good
    North, isn't "deadly" affects on Ravenge only? if so, why it is better, then "Battle-Forged" that affects on every meeli strike?

I think it affects everything
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Deadly is suppose to only affect ravage.
    A dark shadow in the night skies...

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    - Battle-Forged - good
    My pet peeve with Rending is it conflicts with Bite. A dragon tech not compatible with a dragon ablity... say what?!

Thread Information