Thread: I nearly started crying when Istaria first started up..

Default I nearly started crying when Istaria first started up..

I am so glad that Istaria,over these years,have kept their original sounds and music!

This was my first MMO and the sounds and music are absolutely beautiful,and I was half expecting it to be different now since alot of changes (Just hope they fixed the looping problems in some places)!

I hope they never change them,discuss what your favorite music in game is,mine would have to be the New Trismus (and that womans voice I forget where it is...)

Default Re: I nearly started crying when Istaria first started up..

I agree the game soundtrack is awesome. My favourite would probably be the New Trismus music too.

I love the dragon musics, and also the Kirasanct theme (although I'm not sure whether that actually plays in-game).
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

The haunting New Trismus music, lamenting the cataclysm that brought about Istaria as we now know it...

During beta, AE made a concerted effort to make "substantial" music, as opposed to the elevator-grade music that was games' norm at the time. One of the many reasons that Horizons was the first of the modern MMO's.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Ahhh tis you! Wow I have not heard from you in quite some time! Very very nice to see you and hope you are back with us for a while anyway? *hands you a billion hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata View Post
    The haunting New Trismus music, lamenting the cataclysm that brought about Istaria as we now know it...

During beta, AE made a concerted effort to make "substantial" music, as opposed to the elevator-grade music that was games' norm at the time. One of the many reasons that Horizons was the first of the modern MMO's.
    The only thing I don't like about Istaria's music is that you only hear "real" music in select areas of the world... in major towns and near crafting machines.

Everywhere else (which ends up being 99% of the world) gets a few barely-there soundtracks you can barely hear.

Oh, and the Battle Music is bugged. So we don't even hear that anymore (we have to turn it off -- if you don't, the same track repeats endlessly whether you're in battle or not).

I wish there was a way to add this button to the UI or something that you click that has it rotate through the different crafting music tracks, as a LOT of materials are found too far away from the machines to actually hear the crafting music while gathering.

I'd rather have that than that really quiet "out in the middle of nowhere" track playing. But yet I don't want crafting music *everywhere* I go all the time.

Or maybe make it so that crafting music is generated by harvestable resources... but then that's nearly everywhere too! lol

I lamented the singlemindedness of the in-game music genie, but then I figured out how to pop open Istaria\resources\sound\music and boot up my music player of choice. *pets tazoon.mp3, whispers sweet nothings*

Yes, I know, not perfect, hardly ideal... but none of my other games make it so easy to set up my own soundtrack of in-game music, so I'm content.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Ahhh tis you! Wow I have not heard from you in quite some time! Very very nice to see you and hope you are back with us for a while anyway? *hands you a billion hugs*
    You actually remember me?

Yes! I am back for as long as I can be,just had billing issues is all but thankfully they accepted prepaid visas!(I'm literally paying with my husbands blood..haha,go donating plasma! Saving lives and playing Istaria!..sadly I can't donate though )

Also,I have to say,I I hate Dralks music,I dont know why but all those whiney monks make me want to figure out why they are in dragon country anyways and eat them!

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    I lamented the singlemindedness of the in-game music genie, but then I figured out how to pop open Istaria\resources\sound\music and boot up my music player of choice. *pets tazoon.mp3, whispers sweet nothings*

Yes, I know, not perfect, hardly ideal... but none of my other games make it so easy to set up my own soundtrack of in-game music, so I'm content.
    I went to Tazoon the other day,I LOVE the music,makes me want to eventually hunt for a lair or plot to try and find somewhere around there,but I doubt there is any ,but dont currently have a land owners sub

If it may also have been me you were referring to Peaches, I still sub, and stick my head, ever more rarely, ingame and into the forums.

It does give one pause for reflection that so many vivid memories of players, places, and events are memories of a very unusual time, and we will not see its like again.

Perhaps that is why the haunting music of the Isles of the Beginners of New Lives is so affecting for me.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

If ya like the music, try the ones with ambients added - makes them a bit more interesting, especially the generic ones, for the wilderness areas...

New Tris and the tribally stuff played in Kion and Parsina.

Thread Information