Thread: Shining Blades Forgotten?

Default Shining Blades Forgotten?

what's with the Shining Blades epic spell? has the team forgotten it exists? I can say atm, it's not very epic. at it's current status it's not even very useful.

i got to 75 last night in sorcerer school and decided to see if i could use the spell against mylocs in doom. not much to my suprise to find that it doesn't work with perfect spell, nor mutlicast, therfore a complete miss against mylocs and completely useless down there. yet, Dark Cyclone works just fine.

Is Shining Blades broken? is this a known issue? please look into this and try to get it fixed. thank you

Malicore: Order Shard

Default Re: Shining Blades Forgotten?

As long as I can remember, this is how the spell works (or doesn't, unfortunately). Since it is not cast on a mob, but on-self, Perfect Spell and Multi-cast do not work with it.

Aside: IIRC, some odd 5+ years ago, this spell along with Phoenix Rising were changed to be cast on self (which is opposed to DC which you have to target a mob), which resulted in MC and PS no longer working with it.

Although we might all call these spells Epic, they really should just be considered T4 'named' spells. To SB's disadvantage (among those already mentioned), it uses Melee damage (2HS IIRC), which is especially unhelpful against Mylocs, and mobs resistances will indeed reduce damage. I'm not sure if the Summoning skill or 2HS skill is used to check against dodge (assuming Summoning), so at lvl 75, I don't image your summoning to be very high, so the Mylocs shouldn't have any problems dodging it.

I do recall some passing mention of a t5/6 real epic spell to 'replace' SB, although at what stage this is (or if it will go ahead) I have absolutely no idea.

I don't imagine any of what I said to be considered positive, so I do apologise

Happy hunting, see yas in Istaria
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thread Information