Thread: Dimensional Pouch

Default Dimensional Pouch

I'd love a "Dimensional Pouch" to store all those attuned items that floods Istaria. Only usable for attuned items. Items that are placed into this special pouch don't take any bulk or slot in bank or backpack
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Dimensional Pouch

I adore this idea! :-)

*signs*........
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Signed.

Obviously Virtrium is not actually concerned about the number of slots (i.e. database entries) people use, considering their willingness to introduce .:TONS:. of slot-spamming items in the Dralnok's Doom patch (relics, journal pages, oddments, etc.).
    Last edited by Vaz; March 7th, 2012 at 11:02 AM.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Yeah... I really need some place to place all those name token things and attuned tech kits you get for all the new quests. It's not the bulk, what is the problem, it's the number of item stacks. In fact, for me it almost ever is the number of item stacks, which is hurting me... Something to store all that stuff you get as quest reward and might use at a later day (you can only have one name extension, right, but do you really want to delete all the others you get?) would be real great.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

I'd love a "Dimensional Pouch" to store all those attuned items that floods Istaria. Only usable for attuned items. Items that are placed into this special pouch don't take any bulk or slot in bank or backpack
    Unfortunately we have no way of doing this.

Obviously Virtrium is not actually concerned about the number of slots (i.e. database entries) people use, considering their willingness to introduce .:TONS:. of slot-spamming items in the Dralnok's Doom patch (relics, journal pages, oddments, etc.).
    Thats not true, we do have a great concern about the number of item stacks for players. But, our concern is not with the number of items or how many you currently possess so much as the potential number of stacks you could possess.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

For me as I add another class (either adventure or craft) I require more space for items that I have achieved. If you cannot create a special pouch then how about increasing the vault size? We need space to put our different teched armor and jewelry and crystals to start with if reasons are needed. 300 items is not enough when you have a character you want to max out in the game.
    Cheers

What should happen..

Plot holders/Basic subcription = 500 items (Full vault upgrade 10)
    Free account = 150 items (Maxed at 3, don't allow them to go past it)

As a plot holder paying $30 dollars a month.. I feel I should be giving every possible advantage to those that aren't paying. People that are playing for free, imo, should not be allowed to have nearly as much in there vault as I, a paying subscriber. (Whom is supporting the game with cash, that keeps this game afloat.)

Give plot holders more advantage.
    Entice these free to play people to be a plot holder and support the game.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Well I agree that something need sto be done to help manage the stacks/bulk/whatever of items that are (and are NOT) stackable (title tokens and all that stuff).

Stuff that really isnt a "choice" to keep really and aren't looked at that way.

However, I disagree with the limitations to the number of items we are allowed and certainly disagre with the non-account holders having LESS unless the rule does not apply to those who once had paid accounts and now do not.

Given dragon lairshaping and Im sure plots as well - if you stop paying (or put building on pause) you can have far more than 500 items sitting in your vault if everythiing gets reclaimed. I really dont think then that dropping it to 150 items max will help anyone to return if 90% of their building novians are lost too..heh.

Now, giving free trial accounts some item limitations or removeal of vault upgrade options does make sense (as long as cancelled accounts dont shift to the "free account"limitations) but only if you don't mind llimtations to those players ability to level and craft freely in the game.

But Im not sure that limiting new payers to 150 items does anything at all at helping older players with their stacks and storage numbers when you are looking at having to have various setso f gears and saving tech parts and title tokens and all that stuff.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post

Give plot holders more advantage.
    Well, I can see that happening if, for example, houses or the lair equivalent would get another permission setting like "vault extension" and would be treated as your inventory/vault thus being able to hold attuned items.

That would give an advantage to plot holders and would be a strong incentive to pay for plots.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Very true. Keeping it at 300 items is fine and fair..

But I like the idea of limiting free to play players along the tiered vault upgrade scale.. maybe at 5?
    Allowing for paid players to surpass that?
    6: 350
    7: 400
    8: 400
    9: 450
    10: 500
    or some variation of this example
    Leave the capacity at the current levels they are.

That seem better to anyone?

I can see that working *nods*

(long as dead accounts aren't auto-switched to a free to play status; which I doubt they are anyway but just want to include that to make sure its checked! LOL)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

There is already some of this mechanic in the game: if I stack a crystal into a socket its not counted if I put the socketed item with the crystal into my backpack or bank. I don't see the matter why it should not be possible to create a special container for special items if it's works with crystals. At least some kind of special pouch only usable for all those nifty emblems would be really nice
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

I might be remembering stuff wrong right here, but didn't the devs say at one point (quite some time ago, been a while since I've been here) that they were going to add a different system for titles (or something like a window where you could choose your aquired titles) instead of the emblem system?

as for vault upgrades, I think that Finkledbody's idea is a great one!

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    There is already some of this mechanic in the game: if I stack a crystal into a socket its not counted if I put the socketed item with the crystal into my backpack or bank. I don't see the matter why it should not be possible to create a special container for special items if it's works with crystals. At least some kind of special pouch only usable for all those nifty emblems would be really nice
    And for that have been in the game for more than a year.. This doesn't work

How can someone fit:
    -10 sets of jewelry
    -10 sets of armor
    -10 sets of crafting armor
    -Weapons
    -Epic Weapons
    -Trophies
    -Crystals waiting to be used
    -techs
    -forms
    -spells
    -pouches
    -tech comps
    -emblems
    -etc...

I could easily keep going
    We need a solution now

The Crystal Socket system wouldn't work in this case. Socketing is a very specialized case written specifically for that. I appreciate the brainstorming, but this would require a technical solution in the form of new features and at this time the tech team is quite backed up with many projects that are higher priority.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information