Thread: wizard 46, where should I hunt?

Default wizard 46, where should I hunt?

I am a wizard 46 and a healer 47...

I am currently hunting redbacked spider hatchlings, is it an efficient path towards leveling or should I go for something else?

I think I'm doing the right thing but I just want to be sure..any old-school epic players opinion would be greatly appreciated.
    No subliminal message here.

Default Re: wizard 46, where should I hunt?

I would think a few good spots are- Brandons Shelf just west of there is grulets. (lvl 40-45)
    If you want to push a little the ice golems in Mahagra. (lvl 49-55)
    Just a couple of options if you are solo.

If in a group- you could go to Dralk ( CHAR ) and hunt small flame beetles. Lvl 55-60

I guess it boils down to your skills and if you are well equipt.

Course the options I gave you are slightly easier solo. The mobs are spread out a little more and not as aggressive as those redbacks. I swear they can see and aggro from 2 cities away.

Usually people suggest gem golems to be the most easiest mobs. But as a cloth wearing person, I think that's not true. I think they are considered easy because they don't dodge the typical meele attacks, but you as a caster can also be happy with those spiders.

I suggest to be very careful with the grulets, though. Boar's rage is giving them mad damage output and if you're lacking in armor that makes it even worse...

You are Tier 3 now, and Tandalar is the Tier 3 island, so most things there should be appropriate. Mahagra is another Tier 3 area and has some beetles near drift point (is that the settlement on the north coast? where the granite is?) which I liked a lot. The spawn was very predictable. If you want a fast spawn, you can also look at the granite golems.. they spawn like crazy and the area is very small.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

There are also lots of wolves in the desert by New Rachival that bite hard but burn well, I think...

Have you done all of the Tier2 quests on the Dalimond Peninsula? Lots of potential XP there.

Beyond that, just wanted to let you know that a revamp of Tier3 is on schedule for this year so probably by fall it'll be totally redone with quests and more monsters. Course, that won't help you now.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information