Thread: Maximum alloted numer of structures in lairs

Default Maximum alloted numer of structures in lairs

I've been planning my lair over and over again, and one thing I've come to feel is that the restriction on the number of each-tier machine rooms you can is incredibly crippling when, like me, lairs are more design-based things than functional craft-hubs.

I understand that being able to build as many T5 halls as you like might be a bit off in item-storage terms or something along those lines, but I can't (And correct me if I'm wrong) see a single problem in allowing multiples of craft rooms. T2 stone-working rooms make the best corridors! T1 smelters make the most adorable little nooks for dragons to sleep in! Sure, I don't need more than one room of a particular tier, but I'd love to be able to have multiples of certainly some of the lower and a few upper tier craft rooms to fill up empty space and to provide bridges to different levels of the lair that aren't just slopes or spirals (And also have the right number of room exits desired)

So, is there any chance the limit on the number of machine rooms could be raised, or removed all together? Or is there some specific and particular reason this would be a bad, bad thing?

Slee Maogrin- Chaotic, spotty warmonger of Order~

Default Re: Maximum alloted numer of structures in lairs

Agreed!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there's any way to derive an exploit from a situation where you have, say, two or more T6 smelting chambers in one lair.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Maybe it has to do with an excess of machines existing in the world or something?

But then maybe make it a limit of how many machines of each type may exist in a lair/plot instead of how many machine rooms or buildings?

Say you could have two T1 smelter rooms, but yet only 1 T1 smelter actually activated/existing in the game world.

As for the T1 smelters making the best corridors, well... maybe that's more of a design flaw, that we need better corridors. *shrug*

This gets my vote. I was actually going to suggest this myself.

Any of the T2 machine rooms make great corridors because the different door placements on each type make planning easier (without having to daisy chain 3-ways & 4-ways), and a couple of them are very attractive imo.

I really like the looks of the T2 essence & stone rooms & would love to be able to use a couple more in certain places.

If there was a way to reasonably implement this, and the devs were so inclined, I'd be a happy dragon.

Acknowledging, up front, that a lair is someone's personal expression of form or utility (or both)...

Aren't lairs complicated enough as it is with just two of each type of item per tier available?

Unless, of course, someone were to suggest a new type of lair structure that was different and easier to use.. say, square for instance.
    Last edited by Mensar; April 10th, 2012 at 07:20 PM.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

the limitation has its role, not to mention that allowing more machine rooms without solving the machine activation bug will cause lots of grief
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

So folks would like lair hallways that look like the machine rooms as buildable structures? That sounds like a neat idea, without requiring additional artwork. Is that feasible from a dev viewpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    the limitation has its role
    What is that role?
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Awdz approach is the best i think - not "more machine rooms", but corridors/hallways that look like each tier/faction of machine rooms (or even only t1/t2 for the begining) without any possibility to ever activate the tools...
    And corridors can be in unlimited numbers.

@Xoshara - you have PM
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Awdz approach is the best i think - not "more machine rooms", but corridors/hallways that look like each tier/faction of machine rooms (or even only t1/t2 for the begining) without any possibility to ever activate the tools...
    And corridors can be in unlimited numbers.

@Xoshara - you have PM
    Also didn't know there was a reason for the limitation here.
    But including them as static rooms with no possibility for activation would work neatly too! Maybe along the lines of having you're T1 smelting rooms, T3 whatever rooms, then just 'Decorative' rooms. Decorative T1 smelter. Decorative T6 Essence shaper. Etc, etc.
    Although that method would mean the room listing for lairshaping would be almost doubled XD I guess the biped one is pretty long too rergardless~

Slee Maogrin- Chaotic, spotty warmonger of Order~

I've often wondered the original thinking for this myself..

Why ARE we limited one how many of a room we can place?

If its connected to the machines - then as a previous poster suggested - is there anyway we can get it to allow us to build the "machine" rooms but not COUNT them as machine rooms until one gets activated. Thereby locking out the other rooms on that tier from beign "activated" (making them only cosmetic).

Or sure, remove the machines out of the rooms entirely and have a "cosmetic option" for each room that allows you to build it without any option for a machine.

I have a feeling though that would be far more work than it appears; cuz I bet its not as simple as just disconnecting the machine from each room graphic or something LOL.

In any case - yes, please, Amon or someone - why is this limitation necessary? And can you look at opening it up in some way?
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information