Thread: OK! So I made it back..

Default OK! So I made it back..

Hi guys,

So i just got back to the game on Bloodzone, And recalled to Bristugo (spelling) and instantly crashed on the loadisng screen.

This is a fresh install , and my rig should be waaaay more than needed for this game, I am running on win7.

Last time i played i remember i had a series of mods to do various things, can't for the life of me remember what they were, Though i know one of them was a dragon and icon UI pack mod. I also had a few files within the game changed/edited to make the game run smoother.

Can anyone make any suggestions please? The GFX are a lot lower than that of WoW which i have been playing, and for me scaling from performance to maximum gfx details didnt seem to make the slighest of difference at all... other than crashing me when recalling

I havent played the game sine 08 or so, so if anyone has any helpful hints on how to make the game run smoother. how to get my old mods back etc etc i'd be very apreciative..

Also a list of helpful channel names as i cant remember them and they must be client side. as all of my channels have gone.

Even simple things like remembering how to check guild info etc i cant recall offhand

Thanks

Tony
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    Both members of Crimson Dawn (chaos server)
    =)

Default Re: OK! So I made it back..

So i went on my draggy! Confused.. All i know at this stage is he's a lvl 100 ancient with a tripple teched primal chest from back in the day (gather thats rare now) anyway, I can;t even work out where to begin with which spells/abilities/buffs i should have on my bars and what i should be using. I don't even know how to fidn out what kind of dragon i am/was Helian and stuff is all i can remember but i know i was hack and slash thats all i can remember.

I am so **** confused right now, I can remember about hording items to use it as dmg but cant for the life of me recall what i need to use as my roation :<

At a glance i do seem to have some teched spells and rare claws but im at a loss at this moment in time..

Any advice greatly welcomed. or if there's a tutorial page anywhere that someone could point me t'wards.

Something like

"So you decided to come back to Istaria but are totally lost and confused" would be great
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    =)

I'd suggest making a temporary low level character and playing with them a bit to refresh your memory on how things work. Sometimes it's more helpful to backstep and relearn it a bit from the beginning- the rest will fall into place after a few levels of low end playing and a little memory jogging.

Also saves on death points to your major characters while you're relearning.

Sorry I can't help on the crashing issues and the like; been out of the game myself a long while now so not sure how to fix those.

well first off welcome back if you are playing on a live shard id suggest reading the patch notes and skimming over the dragon changes. other wise asking in channels and getting re linked to the community

Bloodzone, welcome back. As has been mentioned a TON has changed since 2008 so the best way to get re-acquainted with the game would be to create a new character and run through the tutorials and probably new trismus.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Yep, I think I will make a new baby dragon and Biped today.

Last time i played there was an ingame option to use different skins creatred by Valornyx, is this option now gone? As i can't seem to find it. Also how does one set about trading "coin" from one char to another?
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    =)

*serves Bloodzone some delicious klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

I don't know about skins. As for trading coin between alts (that cannot log in at the same time), there are a couple of options.
    - Have the one in need of coin consign something like a stone slab for as high a price as they can, then have the richer character purchase said item.
    - Use a third party that you trust to swap over the coin.
    - Have the richer character get a bunch of loot that yields coin (wallets, sacks of coins, etc.) and place them in a house that both of your characters can access for the poorer one to pick up and use.

Like I said, I was so bambuzled by everything when I came back, I didn't even remember the old rotations I used on my Ancient, Or my guardian.

I have a total of 40gold or so ingame, which I assume is very very low by modern day standards?

I also have a few old rare/epic Weapons which i can't recall the names of. I tried a price check in MP yday in game but got no response.

Will try again now.
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    =)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodzone View Post
    I have a total of 40gold or so ingame, which I assume is very very low by modern day standards?
    If that is low, I'd like to be that poor... I don't even have a quarter of that.

Thread Information