Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wisp Motherlodes and a Helian Incentive

Default Re: Wisp Motherlodes and a Helian Incentive

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    ...no significant changes can (or will) be made to Dragons without changing them entirely to be more balanced.
    Mmm. You just let the birdie out.
    So dragons are not balanced and need a change? I assume there is a sketch of a plan already.

Let's see, imho:
    Dragons = strong melee, weak casters, weak crafters, lairs are a major pita.

Hopefully "more balanced" doesn't mean bringing their attributes in line by altering the strong component and making them: weak, weak, weak, pita.

I guess this is another discussion anyway, but thanks for the heads up.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by AguaRush View Post
    there is not a spell as powerful as gold rage, or even as some other basic attacks.
    There is absolutely nothing that is a s powerful as gold rage. And if somethings come close, they are on a 15m+ timer, not a 30seconds one... GR is completely out of line compared to anything else in the game, so you should not try to compare it to anything.

IMHO it should be nerved considerably... but that most probably would be the financial end of Vitrium.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    There is absolutely nothing that is a s powerful as gold rage. And if somethings come close, they are on a 15m+ timer, not a 30seconds one... GR is completely out of line compared to anything else in the game, so you should not try to compare it to anything.

IMHO it should be nerved considerably... but that most probably would be the financial end of Vitrium.
    compared to bipeds yes GR is way over powered.
    Just was saying, if you wanted to be caster there is not motivation
    you can not survive.

Quote Originally Posted by AguaRush View Post
    compared to bipeds yes GR is way over powered.
    Just was saying, if you wanted to be caster there is not motivation
    you can not survive.
    Correct, and the only reasonable way to fix that (to give Dragon-casters an option) would be to alter the other side.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Correct, and the only reasonable way to fix that (to give Dragon-casters an option) would be to alter the other side.
    curious amon.. that would mean alter gold rage?

If I was a betting man... I'd say the best bet would be to not say anything else in this thread before the hordes of people that play dragons and enjoy them exactly the way they are (including myself) end up having a torch and pitchfork party with the folks calling out dragons as being anything other than a dragon.....

......seriously
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

See Id dint take Amon's statement as a "we are going to balance dragons"

I took that statement to mean "If we do anything, we have to overhaul everything..." which to me implies, might be a very long time to never to see that...*shrugs*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Wink Re: Wisp Motherlodes and a Helian Incentive

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    See Id dint take Amon's statement as a "we are going to balance dragons"

I took that statement to mean "If we do anything, we have to overhaul everything..." which to me implies, might be a very long time to never to see that...*shrugs*
    hmm very true. I'm happy as a clam with dragons the way they are. but id be a liar if i said i never wanted to be a pure caster... but when i decided that i made a biped mage! problem solved xD

anyhow, the future will answer all our questions I'm sure, while it may take some time thats for certain ^^

though i still eagerly await and wonder about dragon model changes and other rumors that float about ^^

*patiently waits tail tip twitching with anticipation*

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post

This.. I don't support GR being Nerfed.. Sure nothing stacks up to gold rage, however if the devs nerfed it at all, it would certainly lead to many more canceled subs... Can this game afford to anger more players?

Well, we all know this game can't take anymore nails in the coffin. Thats for sure...
    Last edited by Finkledbody; May 17th, 2012 at 03:58 PM.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Okay, I'm gonna say it...

Lunus is a dragon;
    Helian is a dragon.

A dragon is a dragon is a dragon!!!

I don't recall the myths of dragons being that they are dangerous spellcasters, but sometimes as hoarders of forgotten and arcane lore.

It is their fangs like swords, their claws like scythes, their fiery breath like a maw of hell...

As much as I hate to admit it, and as much as I desire my main to be a spellcaster, he has to be a hybrid.

It's the best the game allows right now.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    Okay, I'm gonna say it...

Lunus is a dragon;
    Helian is a dragon.

A dragon is a dragon is a dragon!!!

I don't recall the myths of dragons being that they are dangerous spellcasters, but sometimes as hoarders of forgotten and arcane lore.

It is their fangs like swords, their claws like scythes, their fiery breath like a maw of hell...

As much as I hate to admit it, and as much as I desire my main to be a spellcaster, he has to be a hybrid.

It's the best the game allows right now.

true and well said.

well spoken Veru!

This is so true-
    and leaves a lot of varieties to train your dragon.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information