Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overburdened glitch fix

Default Overburdened glitch fix

Everytime, as long as I can remember, I've had to contend with the game over-gathering and then: "you are overburdened! Your speed is reduced by X% due to overburdened", blah blah blah..

I figure it we can tell the engine to check each hit to see if we're within a certain distance of the nodes.. you should also be able to have it poll to see if you're within 10 bulk of your max capacity.

And if the returned value is just a binary yes/no of reached capacity, then passing off a local variable of backpack-10 as your maxcapacity (or something like that) might work?

At any rate, this is something that has been an issue since I can remember... Can we get a fix? Like.. as fast as the distance gathering fix? I'm tired of having to split stacks and figure out how much I'm encumbered and delete a certain amount of resource so I'm not overburdened anymore.

It's annoying...

Thanks.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Default Re: Overburdened glitch fix

You mean so that it automatically did the split itself? Then you could choose to delete the small "overflow" stack?

or just stop gathering at 100% capacity (or capacity -10) regardless of how much that last gathering swing netted you?

Either way, it would remove a pain.
    Whichever way gets the change made the quickest gets my vote.

Yup, that's really needed. Especially, if you calculate / guess a wrong number and then have to wait until you may split again...

If I'm tired after work, it is even annyoing to move my hand from it's keyboard position on wasd to type in some number and hit return. It sounds incredibly stupid, I know... but sometimes I just like to sit there, mouse in one hand, other hand on the kb and gather. I then don't like unnecessary movement...
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Would love to see that get fixed, too
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Quote Originally Posted by Vortura View Post
    or just stop gathering at 100% capacity (or capacity -10) regardless of how much that last gathering swing netted you?
    Yes please.

I think my character is smart enough to know when their backpack is full, she has been gathering resources for quite a while now. The fact she keeps overburdening herself, sometimes to the point of not being able to move at all, is just daft.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

and what to do, if you eventualy becomes overburned? for example was on road and move out, or "sprint" ends?
    and you have multiple of items, that can be splited?

and more question: what to do, when golem hits you, and debuf with "-capasity"? stops every time? split every time?

Quote Originally Posted by Krinharth View Post
    and what to do, if you eventualy becomes overburned? for example was on road and move out, or "sprint" ends?
    and you have multiple of items, that can be splited?
    ? Speed changes do not affect whether or not you are overburdened. It only goes the other way, that overburdening reduces your speed.
    and more question: what to do, when golem hits you, and debuf with "-capasity"? stops every time? split every time?
    Currently when a golem hits me with that, I get slowed by the same amount as if I harvested that much all at once. Happily, I mastered the detox ability so it's not usually a big issue. :-)

It would be nice to have the option to select "end gathering at full capacity," where no matter how much you would randomly get, it only fills you up like it would if you dragged material from a silo into your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    ? Speed changes do not affect whether or not you are overburdened. It only goes the other way, that overburdening reduces your speed.
    well, yes, I think, was wrong
    Currently when a golem hits me with that, I get slowed by the same amount as if I harvested that much all at once. Happily, I mastered the detox ability so it's not usually a big issue.
    I do not know, what do you mean, so can't reply

Currently when a golem hits me with that, I get slowed by the same amount as if I harvested that much all at once. Happily, I mastered the detox ability so it's not usually a big issue.
    I do not know, what do you mean, so can't reply
    I meant that the stacks do not split currently if you get spontaneously overburdened. I do not think they should split if that happens outside of gathering.

I wouldn't call/consider this a glitch.. nor needing to be fixed...

"Oh no?!?! I have to split the stack and delete 8 slabs or marble?!?!?! Oh the worlds ganna ENNNDD!!!"

Seriously, this doesn't need to be looked into, and really shows who the laziest toons are in the game..
    This also leads me to remember the suggestion about the in game clock..
    Serisouly, you can't take two seconds to split the stack/look beside you at ur own clock?!

Dont' fix this devs.. Leave it as is, this isn't an issue. The water not spawning around Island of Fire and ice is.. emblems is a problem.. etc. etc.

Stop being so lazy

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    Maybe because lately you are filling a silo like once in a month?

While I don't consider this a Major Issue, it is not a non-issue either.
    It's an annoyance, especially when you're filling 5x t4 silos per hour.

Agree there are more pressing issues right now, like the UI not saving windows positions/size (that's another discussion).

But if the correction is not taking too much resources to implement, I would be really glad to see it fixed sooner than later.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post

"Oh no?!?! I have to split the stack and delete 8 slabs or marble?!?!?! Oh the worlds ganna ENNNDD!!!"

Seriously, this doesn't need to be looked into, and really shows who the laziest toons are in the game..
    This also leads me to remember the suggestion about the in game clock..
    Serisouly, you can't take two seconds to split the stack/look beside you at ur own clock?!

Dont' fix this devs.. Leave it as is, this isn't an issue. The water not spawning around Island of Fire and ice is.. emblems is a problem.. etc. etc.

Stop being so lazy
    *Old Man Redneck Voice* You just ain't played a game until it wasted enough of your time as humanly possible with inventory/UI tweaks.

That sound about right?

Honestly, it gets annoying when you're leveling a craft.

Dig until full... whoops, now I can't even *move* because I Just HAD to get a bonus resource (for an annoyance bonus, try doing Tri-Cut Gems for maximum Bonus Resource annoyance) at the very end. Now I have to either memorize how much I can hold without being overburdened, or hover over the capacity meter to figure it out, or try to guess at it.

Either way...

Click Split.
    Type a Number in. (actually if I recall, you can't even type a number. It is a SLIDER which you either have to drag the button which is nearly impossible with a large stack, OR click the arrow several times to get the right amount)
    Click OK.
    Right-Click the small stack.
    Click Delete.

Every. Single. Load.

It gets old and repetitious ontop of an activity that is already notoriously old and repetitious (digging is what, 90% staring at the screen doing nothing already?).

Would it be THAT much to ask that the character stops digging automatically at Capacity -10, or, the first resource that puts you over the Bulk limit? For example, if I have 2955/3000 and I hit a Cedar Tree, if it should have given me 6+, it should give me Five instead and automatically stop my character's swinging, leaving me with 3005/3000, or 5% overburdened.

I believe 3005/3000 is 50 pct overburdened.
    Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    It would be nice to have the option to select "end gathering at full capacity," where no matter how much you would randomly get, it only fills you up like it would if you dragged material from a silo into your inventory.
    That's what they should do.
    The option should also be as easy to implement as it was fixing the resource distance glitch (most probably even in the same part of the code). I hope they stop ignoring this suggestion so bluntly.

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody
    It is a stupid behaviour of the game, even if it should be intentionally. Anyways, it would be nice, if you'd stop spilling your poison in this thread. If it does not interest you, why bother reading? :P
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

As someone who has done their fair share of crafting, I've had to deal with becoming overburdened while harvesting too. I'll agree, it is annoying.

However, as far as I can tell, that behavior is intended. As such, it's not a glitch, or a bug. That's not to say that the behavior of harvesting to a full inventory won't get changed to something more intelligent. I'd really like to see that changed too -- but there are higher priorities -- real glitches and bugs to fix.

There are additional considerations too, as the harvesting behavior is, to some extent, a design aspect (and a deliberate one at that), which should be carefully considered by everyone before changing. Keep in mind that one of the possible outcomes of that consideration is "don't change it".

So, please don't expect rapid action on this improvement. It's not off the table, just that there's a lot of stuff with more urgency.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

So Kel constantly overburdening herself while harvesting is because she's stupidly shoving too much resource into her backpack. She might be Gifted, but also dumb
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

So watch your inventory bulk bar and hit stop action when it gets close and run with what you have. If you absolutely, positively must cram that last bit of resouces in that wouldn't overburden you then deal with the math and slider for deleting the overburden. *goes back to crafting on grand hall and biped plot*

I have enjoyed crafting on occasions (as many of us over the years will), and I personally do not see this as a glitch or problem at all... I always make sure I get the 'right' number of raw resources so I know when I do create the next product I don't have any left over. Often this will require me to be overburdened. I almost always aim to be overburdened when crafting.

If there were a way for this to be optional, sure go right ahead, I couldn't care less but if it were to be enforced, then I would be the one hanving a whinge about such a meaningless topic.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Maybe because lately you are filling a silo like once in a month?.
    Ohh jeez. lol, you best not be saying that to me

I am far more familiar with this litte problem then most. Have you seen my plots? Do you know how close I am to GMC? Until you have, you really shouldn't say somehting like this

Trust me, I run into this problem more times then most.. Waaay more times then most as I build and tear down my plots like some people pop out babies. These are not little plots mind you...

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    It is a stupid behaviour of the game, even if it should be intentionally. Anyways, it would be nice, if you'd stop spilling your poison in this thread. If it does not interest you, why bother reading? :P
    Lol, I agree it is a little silly that one is overburdened at all, however, it is by design.. and I like it!
    Garf, It wouldn't be me if I didn't spill a little poison where its needed! and in this case, its needed

Let the dev's focus on important and awesome stuff, like my suggestion; increasing the yield of animal meat per.. Now thats AWESOME!!

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Thread Information