Thread: Return of old plot structures

Default Return of old plot structures

I cannot remember or find posts about why old buildings like the Fiendish Consigner & Pawnbroker, Dwarf Shop, Human Medium Trade Center and probably a few others.. are no longer available to be built on our plots.

Perhaps they were lag inducing, badly coded, too big for the small plots we had way back then or any other number of reasons..... but it would be really neat if they could be "fixed" and sneak their way back into the game. They don't need to fulfill their former function and contain the NPCs they once had, just the opportunity to build them again and be seen by all is enough for me.

Default Re: Return of old plot structures

Heeeccccccckkkkkkk yeah!! The old dwarven shop with the blacksmith NPC would be Great to be able to build again! Its no biggy if the NPC can't stay, however, this is a really cool looking building that many would enjoy deeply building again, amounst the others that he mentioned.

Lets bring em back!!

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

I sign that too!
    and pls the old hedges.
    Asked for that months ago in another thread already-
    so that we can choose betwen 2 kind of hedges.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    and pls the old hedges.
    Asked for that months ago in another thread already-
    so that we can choose betwen 2 kind of hedges.
    Yes, please bring back the old hedges.

Also, is there any way we could have 'Lamp Posts' as a plot structure? The same ones that used to be 'destroyed lamp post' that were rebuilt by the community long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendi View Post
    Also, is there any way we could have 'Lamp Posts' as a plot structure? The same ones that used to be 'destroyed lamp post' that were rebuilt by the community long ago.
    Sorry, no. We have to be very careful about the number of light sources so player-built ones are right out.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Not sure what "old hedges" you are talking about, but the other structures are items that are on a list of things to consider. Though they won't have NPC's, and would need major work before they could be re-introduced, the answer isn't "no".

Velea,

The 'old hedges' were I think 9m and were a planter box with 3 or 4 pencil type pines in them. They used to be called just "Hedge 9m" I think. Someone correct me if my memory is inaccurate.

you are absolutely right, Merendi.
    Those hedges vanished from the list of available plot items with the patch that introduced the new (also wonderful) hedges.
    Thats why I think, its not by intention but only a bug.
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; May 16th, 2012 at 07:11 AM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

It was by intention... The old hedge model simply no longer exists, so no bringing back the old hedges. Sorry, but no can do.

Velea Re: Return of old plot structures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <snip> but the other structures are items that are on a list of things to consider. Though they won't have NPC's, and would need major work before they could be re-introduced, the answer isn't "no".
    --------------------

Well that makes my day brighten a bit more. TY for this. I was truly
    saddened to see the old Trade Center and the Adventure Centers
    disappear and would love to see them buildable again.
    I understand about the NPC issues and the lag (very noticable) so I may
    not get my wish to see them return along with the buildings.

However, may I make a suggestion?
    Would it be possible to introduce the buildings with a single NPC Vs
    the several original NPCs? Just someone that will allow you to switch
    to an Adventure or Trade school you already know?

Is that possible?

Thanks again,
    Andaras

Quote Originally Posted by Andaras View Post
    Velea Re: Return of old plot structures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <snip> but the other structures are items that are on a list of things to consider. Though they won't have NPC's, and would need major work before they could be re-introduced, the answer isn't "no".
    --------------------

Well that makes my day brighten a bit more. TY for this. I was truly
    saddened to see the old Trade Center and the Adventure Centers
    disappear and would love to see them buildable again.
    I understand about the NPC issues and the lag (very noticable) so I may
    not get my wish to see them return along with the buildings.

However, may I make a suggestion?
    Would it be possible to introduce the buildings with a single NPC Vs
    the several original NPCs? Just someone that will allow you to switch
    to an Adventure or Trade school you already know?

Is that possible?

Thanks again,
    Andaras
    Its not just the NPCs that are holding back the return of these structures, it is the inefficiency of the models themselves. So, as Velea said, its not a "no" but it isn't a "yes" either and even if they are brought back there is no immediate plan nor any ETA.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information