Thread: Allon's Adulthood

Dranar

Default Allon's Adulthood

Becoming an Adult... Once more...

The day had finally arrived... he has barely slept the other evening, tonight he was going to ascend into the skies as one of the adult helians. He fidgetes greatly on his rock, concerned about many things... "How would Nava treat him? How would his hatchling friends be? What if he did something like he attacked a saris like recently while so big? What if the phylacter didn't work?" all these things he mused over as he layed there, fidgeting on his sunning rock. A concerned Mist asks him if he is all right and he stutters back a bit that he is not to well... then swooping from the air comes Vesuvius, just the dragon he wanted to see. He looks up to him, smiling, Vesuvius cold and yet gentle look down upon him. The two speak a moment and soon a blue glow encompasses them both and they both fade from the clearing... off unto Vesuvius's lair... Though, that can be a story for another time.

The time was getting late, he was ready, his memories now in place... He knew why things had been like they had, and had a better understanding of his past. He took too his feet and headed for Dralk, running along from Chiconis and through the portal, appearing on the otherside as the call was put out for those to gather to come for his ascension. Many were there, including some people he had never seen before, all clamoring around in Dralk, playing, and finally he called out for everyone to follow him and the trek to make it to the Hermit, and the peak of storms was their destination. It was a simple journal to the peak, everyone keeping along, to the hermit and his odd sense of wit, and through the portal to the Peak of Storms pathway.

The mists seemed particular thicker, at least to Allon, and he was quiet from all his excitement at this gathering though bouncing along. Everyone raced along the path, some flying, some running, quite a few were ahead to clear the path from the eternal battle that happened of ghosts ahead. They forever fighting and reenacting the battle that caused the destruction of the Sleeper so long ago. Allon was thankful for everyone who was coming and he carried onward and upward to the peak. He bowed his head in great respect to Hethsa, her ghostly omminence watching over the peak, patiently waiting for eons... she seemed the new sleeper of a sorts in her constent vigil.

Allon slowly strode through the pass of people, heading for the ledge overlook that overlooked the crater, the insides of it bubbling hot earth, before turning around to face everyone. He smiled to each and all and took a few strides forward and begane to speak... rather longwinded, but began to speak.

"This... the great battle... Ae was here..." he pauses "That the historian spoke of... the Naka... coming through... Fighting..." Allon sighed softly and shook his head. "The great memory of the Sleeper is now that which is in our stories... the rites... and the Crater here now..." Allon took in a deep breath and smiled to everyone. "But, it creates for us... many trials... Tribulations... And, it makes us Stronger, the rite... and helps us truly decide... for ourselves... And see things... It helps us to appreciate everything... Our friends... out family... and the simpler pleasures... And, ******** the bloody riddles too..." he chuckled a bit as he said that and so did others as well. After a pause he contined. "But, through it all... perserver... and on this evening, I have chosen the Helian path... Though I will admit, I do not follow it fully... It though, is a Path I appreciate... for it's magic... elg... it's views... but so to does the Lunus have much strength... If it was my choice... I would be of both... a... United dragonkind." Allon smiled softly and noded his head a little. "But, in this day... we must choose... " He smiled a moment and paused "But... for now..." He then takes out his adult statue and his Phylactery of the Heavens, holding the Phylactery close. He moves a little closer, not for the first time realizing a lot are not hearing him and stumbling a little and then, realizing he has nothing more to say just grins a bit "But, now it is time... I'm... err, done with the speach!" He grins and raises up on his hind legs, flits his wings and the Phylactery glows in a bright light, engulfing him, his body changing... The world around him becoming nothing but a yellow, golden dome about himself as the effects took on. He felt himself growing, his wings strengthening, his form changing... as if in a whole new body now. Slowly, the lightning, thunder, and glow subsided to leave him, now grown, blinking a few times. He stretched his wings a little, looking around and smiled before launching into the air, rumbling loudly in pleasure at the gift of flight. There were many dragons there to greet him, all of them flying in unison in the skies, a great cloud of them, their wings flapping up to the greatest heights. He was grown now, and even the sky was barely a limit he felt like. Those below cheered and roared for him as he flew and did a few testing glides in the sky. This day he had grown, he had overcome the gift of not aging that plauges all gifted, and had risen from being but a hatchling to that of an adult...

Now there was only one problem... How does one land again?

--

After landing many surrounded him, a couple giving him fine gifts for his hoard, He was happy. He spied Navatayena in the corner of his eye recalling away without any words, he knew she was sad though and he was too, but he did want to see if they could still work. SatynFury spoke up with him a moment and he nuzzled down to her, smiling and thanking her and promising he would always be willing to speak and play with her. He went around now, starting to nuzzle and lick everyone who came when his attention was drawn to Frith-Rae. She looked startled, almost scared, as she stood there away from him. Many were trying to calm and consol her a little, Allon raised his eyeridge and moved forward, asking what was wrong but she just drew back more. "Neio... neio... Neio stay there!" She said to Allon as he moved a little closer, finally though her fear overtook her and then stammered out "Iea.... Iea... have to... go..." She stammered before quickly flying off away from the others, leaving Allon standing there, puzzled... He had a "feeling" inside himself when he looked at Frith-Rae, something different though something that had been gnawing at him too... She had been in a dream of his before, why is that? Though he would find her soon, there was still a little more to do on the peak before he would return to Chiconis to let everyone get a look over him properly... and begin his new life as an adult, even though he had almost been one back before he became gifted...

~Allon~

Default Re: Allon's Adulthood

Thank you for posting that. I realized too late that my perfect vantage point up on a small hill was too far to hear the speech. Hopefully your adult voice will project further!

Many many congratulations,
    Levity

Congrats mate! how do you like flying?
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Dranar

How do I like flying? It is hard to say if there is much of anything greater. ::Smiles:: All the hard work and troubles and bugs were definitely worth it in the end.

~Allon

Dont worry give it a month, that feeling fades and you will feel like a dragon again ;)
    Vesuvius Veix
    100/100 Dragon of Order with 26+ Million Hoard
    Officer of the Keir Chet k'Eilerten
    "Why am I cynical you ask? Because I have been given little to make me feel otherwise."

Thread Information