Thread: range tech for healing spells

Default range tech for healing spells

As one who often finds herself running back and forth during battle to try to catch up with the wounded party members, I think it would be really nice to have a range tech for life-based healing spells much like there are for damage spells (nature range, energy range, etc.).
    Last edited by awdz; June 1st, 2012 at 12:05 AM.

Default Re: range tech for healing spells

The range tech we have doesn't work? Not in game right now, but I know I made a range tech'ed primal health for using in groups. Though seemed like it did add more time to the cooldown for reuse.

Primal range works for primal healing, and nature range works for revitalizes. However, heath spells that rely solely on life skill do not have a range tech at this time.

Indeed, It would be really nice to have a "life range" tech.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Ah, goes to show how much I play a biped even if none of them are particularily healing oriented. So take this with a grain of salt. A while back the devs were asking about what would be good for healers as a school. Maybe they should have "range" to their healing spells?

Hm... I like the idea, basically, but I don't like that this means another set of heal spells... at least of the range tech would work as other range techs do: they considerably raise the recycle. Can't really use that on your set of standard heals, can you?
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Well, you actually can
    Range increase V adds 10 seconds to recycle, while Heal recycle III cuts 10 seconds. For the 3rd slot you will have the mandatory Heal Increase V.
    So in the end you will have a Heal with range 45 and a recast of 30 seconds.
    Ofc, no one can stop you to have the normal teched set as well (Heal recycle III, Heal Increase V and Cleanse III) for faster but shorter range heals - 20s recast with 20 range - what we currently have.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    mandatory Heal Increase V.
    Actually I find Cleanse mandatory, but that's a little off topic.

I would like to see the life range tech added as well please. As suggested it would likely result in a second set of spells with it on, and can primarily be used for large hunts when peeps spread out more.

Sure is entertaining being healer for a Queen hunt and running all over the battlefield while trying to remain out of range of the Queen :P
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

A Life Range tech is a possibility. Will consider it for a future update.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Range techs add 10 seconds to a spells recycle. If its a repeating spell (like a bolt) it becomes 10 second recycle and is no longer repeating.

I find cleanse tech to be the mandatory tech on healing spells as well. Slowing down my cleanses with a Range tech isn't something I will do myself.

Going to be a big tradeoff, so I don't see anything wrong with it.

Thread Information