Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 223 Comments

Default Re: Blight Update 223 Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi View Post
    Actually there is processing equipment right nearby the golems at (30779, 25926) if we, the community on Order, bothered to build it. They are all T6 machines and include an ore refinery, gemworking hut, and logging camp.

As for the golems, I do use that area when Delgarath's field is busy or emptied. I agree that the amount you get from those golems needs upping a little as I've noticed that I tend to get more off of the travertine golems and normal adamantium nodes than I do an adamantium golem.
    Sounds awesome if there's a shrine we can bind to or something to avoid the long run from eastern outpost or Delgarath (even longer IMHO).
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    The next concern is that T6 gear has 4 "slots" on it. This actually is not the pattern, and so items which have been introduced as craftable at T6 have just 3.
    Actually that's the main issue and i'm glad that you bring it up
    You're saying that this is not the pattern (t6=3 sockets not 4) so we have:
    T1 and T2 = 1 socket
    T3 and T4 = 2 sockets
    T5 and T6 = 3 sockets ### wrong

it should be
    T5 = 3 sockets
    T6 = 4 sockets

Why? Simply because T5 tools have no upper skill limit thus making T6 not worthy to be used since they have increased minimum skill limit and not bringing anything new to compensate for it.
    Also it is worth mentioning that NOT a single dragon tool claw has an upper limit - the only incentive to use the T5 claw instead of T1 is because the number of sockets it provides.
    Anyway, I guess this is a discussion for another thread.

Thus we've decided to restore the Prototype Tool Claw as an item which is given by the quest, but it will have 3 tech slots on it, not 4. (And no, existing claws won't be changed.)
    Thanks for giving it some thoughts, but please keep in mind that having 4 sockets was the thing that was making the Prototype Tool Claw so special.
    With only 3 sockets there is not a single difference from the T5 ones that can be crafted.
    Which means that you can practically fulfill the initial plan to remove the Prototype Tool Claw since no one will use the dumbed one due to having the same benefits as a normal T5 (3 sockets) while having increased requirements (1000 minimum skill instead of 800)

So I'm keeping my initial plea to not alter the quest and the future Prototype Claws by diminishing the number of sockets.
    After all, it is supposed to be the one and only and special Tool Claw that can resist the Brachina Acids.

Sorry, Northwind, but that last isn't going to fly argument wise, as the claw fails. If you want to use lore as the basis for anything, the claw would be more be destroyed in testing, and thus not given back to the player.
    Last edited by Velea; June 6th, 2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    Sounds awesome if there's a shrine we can bind to or something to avoid the long run from eastern outpost or Delgarath (even longer IMHO).
    That's the unfortunate bit, but the reintroduction of the movment crystals may help with that issue. If they increased the resource of the admantium golems to a normal admantium node, I could deal with that risk vs. reward to haul back bricks rather than purely ore.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

it should be
    T5 = 3 sockets
    T6 = 4 sockets
    No, it shouldn't.

Why? Simply because T5 tools have no upper skill limit thus making T6 not worthy to be used since they have increased minimum skill limit and not bringing anything new to compensate for it.
    That is simply because few Tier6 tools have been introduced and in the cases where they have they do have a cap.

Also it is worth mentioning that NOT a single dragon tool claw has an upper limit - the only incentive to use the T5 claw instead of T1 is because the number of sockets it provides.
    Thanks for bringing that up since that is a bug that nobody has ever reported. This will get fixed.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

/faceslap
    Omg, so now every feature of the dragons is a BUG?

Let me tell you that is not a bug - dragons ability to craft (mine/process/etc) is governed by the specific castable ability not by the tool claw.
    Hence the reason the tool claw does not have an upper skill limit and is actually just a socket repository

Amon, you are really a dragon hater, admit it

Edit: Come'on people, stop pickin' on dragons
    Last edited by Northwind; June 6th, 2012 at 02:16 PM.
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Omg, so now every feature of the dragons is a BUG?
    No, only the ones that are actually bugs.

Let me tell you that is not a bug - dragons ability to craft (mine/process/etc) is governed by the specific castable ability not by the tool claw.
    Hence the reason the tool claw does not have an upper skill limit and is actually just a socket repository
    Has nothing to do with the tool ability. If its equipped it can apply a cap.

I'm not out to get Dragons. If its a bug, it should be fixed. I'd do it whether it was Bipeds or Dragons.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Has nothing to do with the tool ability. If its equipped it can apply a cap.

I'm not out to get Dragons. If its a bug, it should be fixed. I'd do it whether it was Bipeds or Dragons.
    IT has everything do to with the tool ability and to the differences between Dragons and Bipeds.

Bipeds DO need to equip a tool to craft and this tool is the one that is applying the caps
    Dragons don't need to equip a tool. They need to cast an ability and that ability is the one that is applying the caps.
    See the dragoncrafters lower that 59 that cannot gather mint since they cannot "equip" Ingenuity IV

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    IT has everything do to with the tool ability and to the differences between Dragons and Bipeds.

Bipeds DO need to equip a tool to craft and this tool is the one that is applying the caps
    Dragons don't need to equip a tool. They need to cast an ability and that ability is the one that is applying the caps.
    See the dragoncrafters lower that 59 that cannot gather mint since they cannot "equip" Ingenuity IV
    Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

However, regarding the Prototype Tool Claw my solution so that they are different than Adamantium Tool Claws is that they will get a +50 bonus to Dragon Breath.

The next concern is that T6 gear has 4 "slots" on it. This actually is not the pattern, and so items which have been introduced as craftable at T6 have just 3.
    One thing I noticed when I purchased the master repair forms a few days ago is that T6 weapons seem to have an extra tech slot over every other tier. Doesn't this go against the 'pattern'? Either T6 weapons have one too many slots or T6 jewelry have one too few.

Then could all tiers of tool claws have a craft level requirement of 1? You know, like every other biped tool out there? Or is that a bug too?

Solan, you aren't comparing apples to apples... Weapons are different than what has been discussed here. Tools and tool claws are what is being considered.

However, regarding the Prototype Tool Claw my solution so that they are different than Adamantium Tool Claws is that they will get a +50 bonus to Dragon Breath.
    Ummm Amon, Dragon Breath on a TOOL Claw?? Tool claws are for crafting. If you would, please consider adding + strength or +power, which would actually be useful for crafting. Thanks.

Thaalia of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Holth View Post
    Ummm Amon, Dragon Breath on a TOOL Claw?? Tool claws are for crafting. If you would, please consider adding + strength or +power, which would actually be useful for crafting. Thanks.

Thaalia of Order
    Nope, Dragon Breath.

This is a very silly discussion.
    Dragon breath on a tool claw.
    Comparing tool claws with tools while dragons use abilities.
    No upper limit is a bug.
    Unbelievable.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Nope, Dragon Breath.
    LOL
    LOL
    LOL

"That will learn us uppity dragons..."

Quote Originally Posted by Solan View Post
    One thing I noticed when I purchased the master repair forms a few days ago is that T6 weapons seem to have an extra tech slot over every other tier. Doesn't this go against the 'pattern'? Either T6 weapons have one too many slots or T6 jewelry have one too few.
    Uhhh.. what T6 weapons are you looking at? The only ones I see (bows, axes, sword and maces) have only two tech slots on them.. which is less than their T5 counterparts.

I would imagine T6 weapons would have 4 tech slots, but that's probably if we built them from scratch and aren't repairing them from mouldering heaps of garbage, haha.

You can add 2 sockets on the T6 repaired weapons, Mensar

So if I count right, it has 5 tech slots (+36 one hand crush, +60 str, +60 dex and 2 sockets)...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Northwind; June 6th, 2012 at 09:32 PM.

That's what I said. They have two sockets.

The point was, that's less than the T5 weapons.

Not that it matters.. almost every crystal but a stat crystal counts as stacking anymore. Can't even put a freezing stone (chance to lower evasion) into a weapon with a standard % to add damage stone or a % to do DoT stone. Seems odd.
    Last edited by Mensar; June 6th, 2012 at 09:30 PM.

Amon and I have been talking about this again this morning. Please understand that the changing of this quest in the first place is not something we did without talking and thinking about it.

In this thread, we've heard a few concerns that I'd like to address. One is that there is no T6 gear currently available for dragons. Adding broken items is still something that's on the to-do list, but coming up with a balanced set has proven more of a challenge than I'd originally thought, which is what is the cause of the delay. Once we have a plan that's fair and balanced, we will introduce those items. That is, of course, a discussion for another thread, though.

Thus we've decided to restore the Prototype Tool Claw as an item which is given by the quest, but it will have 3 tech slots on it, not 4. (And no, existing claws won't be changed.)

Thank you for your feedback.
    that's it???.. just a waste of time. my point was it's the only T6 item after how many years ago was it stated dragons would get some T6 items? and you have worry about this claw!!! it affects nothing important, and to drop it back to 3 slots is..well....some things are better left unsaid. be realistic, it's adamantium and we have T5 mithril claws 3 sockets at lvl 80. why would we want (or need) an adamantium 3 socket claw at lvl 100. unless you add something (a bonus) worthwhile...ughh, what sense would dragon breath make on a tool claw

the poll is still up for T6 claw. please cast your votes
    Last edited by Merrik; June 6th, 2012 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    This is a very silly discussion.
    Dragon breath on a tool claw.
    Comparing tool claws with tools while dragons use abilities.
    No upper limit is a bug.
    Unbelievable.
    I concur.

Amon, a tool claw has no specific purpose like a mining pick does; the skill caps come in from a Dragon's crafting abilities. What would the tool claw be capping exactly? Would it just have a laundry list of every single craft skill? To me the only purpose a tool claw serves is to give a Dragon the same socketing/teching capacity that a Biped gets through their tools since, again, a Dragon's crafting tool equivilant is an ability.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

this whole thread has now become a farce. everything a dragon has, has now become a bug. adding breath to a tool claw is about the worst idea (and i've seen many that he has come up with) i have ever seen.

i think you devs should be required to actually play the game. then maybe you'd have a better understanding of what's up. please show me, as i'm still waiting to hear (see) what the big deal is with the 4 socket claw!!
    have you ever had a single complaint that the claw was being used to some advantage as to exploit a resource? or anything to that effect?

you leave dragons hanging for years waiting on things that you jump to toss in for bipeds to use, then use every excuse you can think of, to ruin what dragons have had for years. then to top it off.. you start messing with other things that have been perfectly fine since their introduction 7 or more yrs ago (mother lodes sizes). don't you think your time would be better spent on fixing the real bugs you have added over the past several years? then, you break more things than you fix, with each patch recently. yet bugs that have been in the game since the beginning are still here.

how about all the plot and lair bugs. marble golem spawns. size of golem versus node issues (boulders will be equal to rich, named equal to ML's) which haven't worked since it was planned yrs ago. or stop all the crashes we are now getting.

no, lets choose to remove a socket that hasn't caused any issues in the game in the 2 years or so it's been here, and add something really dumb like dragons breath to a tool claw (that's gonna be useful. maybe i could make a whole set of dragons breath crafting gear and get better results for dragon T6 crafting) must be something i didn't know about dragons breath that makes crafting easier.

wondering if this has just become a big joke to you, but we pay to play. not to be made fun of. if you plan on replacing the socket with dragons breath, you'd do better to just go ahead and remove the tool. as it will be pointless to even own

Players, make sure you vote on the poll please. most of us are still paying customers and deserve some say about the game.

Thread Information