I'm not technical minded on computers, but something about this strikes me as off.

I have a Dell Studio XPS (can't remember the exact series) desktop; yes, I know, the truly technical inclined are probably cringing as they read this, I'm sure. Dell's habit of cramming things into as small a space as possible and calling it good design is legendary in all the worst ways. Anyway!

I've been having heat issues and due to the computer's design, I can't easily remove the card to blow out the shroud. I finally managed to dislodge a bar that Dell had put in apparently to support the card's weight- by my guess anyway- and found this:

The bar ran practically flush along the side of my video card, blocking all of the side vents and pinning some wires that ran from the DVD drive down to another part of the computer at the base against the side of the case, apart from the rest of the computer. Due to how close the bar sat to these vents, no duster could get to it and a pretty impressive amount of dust had accumulated between bar and card.

The card in question is of the Radeon 5700 series - not sure the precise one anymore, sorry. ^^; I think it's a 5750 or 5770.

Does this strike anyone as good/necessary design?