Thread: Bi-ped Versus

Default Bi-ped Versus

Okay, so I plan on eventually creating four bi-ped characters, one for each base adventure school (Scout, Warrior, Cleric, and Mage), but I'm stumped on who I should make a Scout, and the other a Warrior. The two races that I'm absolutely sticking with at this point are a Saris (Cleric) and a Gnome (Mage). The three races that I'm debating with to become a Scout and Warrior are a Human (can be either a Scout or a Warrior), a Satyr (as a Scout), and a Sslik (as a Warrior). I've been thinking to either create a Human as a Scout and a Sslik as a Warrior, or a Human as a Warrior and a Satyr as a Scout. I can't decide this on my own for now, so any ideas of what you might personally choose are welcome.

I understand that I could probably go with just one bi-ped and join every school eventually, but I'd rather do it this way. Go ahead and state what you think, even if it doesn't include just the races that I've stated above.

Default Re: Bi-ped Versus

Gnome makes a good warrior/scout (Gnomian Prowess)

Human or Fiend for Mages. Fiend gets the extra ice damage, human gets human magical aptitude... someone with a human can give its exact effect. I think dryad had a decent one as well 4% permanent alacrity iirc, which probably averages out to more overall alacrity vs Gnomian Prowess. But Gnomian Prowess is nice burst damage.

All in all, the differences are more aesthetic than anything, however, their racial abilities can be fantastic in a pinch.

Dwarven Toughness and the Sslik's regeneration are both excellent (active) abilities.
    Dryad is amazing at being a magic user (just to correct Guaran a little), they get a passive increase to base power and their active ability makes them almost impossible to hit (massive magic evasion and evasion for short duration). I'm perhaps a little bias, as my ped is a dryad
    The Satyr's stun would likely be useful, but I think it's quite a short duration.
    If you pop onto the wiki (istaria.wikia.com) there should be info there on all the racial passive and active abilities (each race gets one of each).

Just as a side note, is there a reason you're wanting to try and level 4 toons at once? I guess I'm one of the few who only has one main, my awesome little dryad, but I also have a very helpful Lunus

Good luck and happy hunting
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

I know you've already decided on your gnome being a mage, but you may want to recast it as a gnome scout. Herman used to rock as a gnome scout! *smiles fondly at the memories of her hubby's gnome*

I've had fun as a dryad magic user, so you might wish to look into that combo too.

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with your characters whatever you decide.
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    Just as a side note, is there a reason you're wanting to try and level 4 toons at once?
    I probably wont level them all at once - most likely I'll focus on one at a time. It's mostly for roleplay purposes, but also I suppose I just want to experience the game as various races. My overall plan is to have two bi-peds on each of the main shards (Chaos and Order), and four dragons on each shard as well. It's a lot of characters, but again, it's almost all for the sake of roleplay.

I still haven't entirely decided yet on how to place who in what school, and if I must I'll switch around my Gnome and Saris, although I'm still pretty attached to the ideas that I already have for them.

Handy-dandy link to the Wiki page listing all playable races: http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Living_Races
    (And wait, there's no good central comparison of the various races' starting stats and bonuses? HRM. Let me fix that.)

From my very, very limited experiences:
    • Echoing the "dryads make good magic-users"! Because they do.
    • Sslik are a natural choice for anything on the bulky side, since their racial heal-over-time is better the more health they have.
    • More people should play satyrs.

Had you planned on only bringing each school to 100 and then leaving them at that without multiclassing?

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    Had you planned on only bringing each school to 100 and then leaving them at that without multiclassing?
    I'm still working on that bit. I'm sort of picking and choosing what other schools would best go along with the main school and a straight path, rather than needing skills from multiple schools to join them, and having their differences not vary too much from the original school.

Thread Information