Thread: One time applyable techs

Default One time applyable techs

I'd really like to see a option giving the possibility to remove unique techs from a item. Now we have all these T6 weapons and stuff and some of these unique techs are applied on items that I don't use anymore and I don't have a chance to get these techs a second time.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: One time applyable techs

agree, that this must be good.
    jast fear we get same answar "what gone - that gone. past time was better, and nothing come again" like about old teches and staf

PS : think here - in training quests there is info in quest windiw. preaty clear.
    for exact coords...I've use wiki in final case, if can't understand where to search. well, make this part of the game - turne game into something different. I will not be judged good it ir bad
    Last edited by Krinharth; July 3rd, 2012 at 01:40 PM.

I heard a rumour some time back, that if you were to submit a support ticket, they may be able to do so... but it was only a rumour. However, yes, the suggestion would be fantastic... but then, if they were intended to be used again, they would be crystals and not one-time use techs.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Maybe with a painful quest to get some kind of a "free the tech" potion. I for myself own several useless items and I'd like the tech back. And the other "one timer techs" are stuck in my backback because I don't place them on anything ... always in my mind there might be something better once to place them on.

I don't think it's a solution to beg the support with such thing...
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

At this time the tech doesn't exist to do this, I am afraid. And support will not return your technique to you if you decide you don't want it on the item you applied it to.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    At this time the tech doesn't exist to do this, I am afraid. And support will not return your technique to you if you decide you don't want it on the item you applied it to.
    Any chance of the quests with a tech as a reward being made repeatable, then? While I have not applied some of the techs to my already-tech'd items, I can see how folks may have wanted to save them for tier VI equipment had they known it was coming.

Best solution to me would be that completing the quest that gives you these techs would then unlock a repeatable quest that just gives you a new copy if you no longer possess the tech in unscribed form. I'm kind of surprised this hasn't yet been done, considering the grief these techs have caused with their irreplaceable nature. I'm sure many are just sitting on them for fear of wasting them somehow too.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Not really feasible as a repeatable quest, I'm afraid. Would be very open to absue/exploitation simply because you could keep going back to get more techs and applying them to every item.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Well, one can only equip one helmet, one chest piece, one shield and one weapon. Not exactly a situation open to abuse.
    And all those can only take up to 3 techs - so it's not like someone will stash 10 techs on the same item.

Edit: on the other side i understand the idea of "unique" techs - but then we should be able to decon items and get back the techs, right?
    Last edited by Northwind; July 5th, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Well, one can only equip one helmet, one chest piece, one shield and one weapon. Not exactly a situation open to abuse.
    And all those can only take up to 3 techs - so it's not like someone will stash 10 techs on the same item.
    You illustrate my point... one helmet, one chest piece, one shield, one weapon, all with the same tech. That's not what the goal of the tech in the first place was. Anyway, its all a good suggestion, we just don't have the tech right now to do it and I don't really have a hack to work around that either.

You illustrate my point... one helmet, one chest piece, one shield, one weapon, all with the same tech. That's not what the goal of the tech in the first place was. Anyway, its all a good suggestion, we just don't have the tech right now to do it and I don't really have a hack to work around that either.
    But the techs i got usually can be applied to only one type of armor - only to chest, or only to helmet... you know what i mean.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

How about if you used the item with the tech applied as a token to reget the quest so that you would only have one tech at a time. And the items with the techs are attune on equip anyway so once youequip it is attuned. So you cant trade them. If you trade them before you equip them then you have no chance of getting the quest again.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Quote Originally Posted by Grodec View Post
    How about if you used the item with the tech applied as a token to reget the quest so that you would only have one tech at a time. And the items with the techs are attune on equip anyway so once youequip it is attuned. So you cant trade them. If you trade them before you equip them then you have no chance of getting the quest again.
    Very prone to breaking and a nightmare to implement.

Maybe there is a solution using the salvage / decon window? We get resources back, maybe there is a way to implement some kind of a resource token for those special techs that could be regained that way and can be swapped at a merchant for the origin tech.

I think the easy way to work around this is to make a duplicate quest that has a turn in for an item that has the old tech on it. The item is destroyed in the process. But if you really want that tech back....
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    Maybe there is a solution using the salvage / decon window? We get resources back, maybe there is a way to implement some kind of a resource token for those special techs that could be regained that way and can be swapped at a merchant for the origin tech.
    Decon can only return resources specified in the formula.

I think the easy way to work around this is to make a duplicate quest that has a turn in for an item that has the old tech on it. The item is destroyed in the process. But if you really want that tech back....
    No way with existing tech for the system to check what techniques are on an item.

Amon, I see some names here of people who jump to your defense whenever someone talks bad about the state of the game. Yet you slap them down like a fish climbing a tree. Your team has on several occasions taken techniques off my weapons and placed them in my BP. Not a rumor hallucin8. You made these techs and then made better weapons it's only fair they have some way make their gear the best they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Riaken View Post
    Your team has on several occasions taken techniques off my weapons and placed them in my BP. Not a rumor hallucin8. You made these techs and then made better weapons it's only fair they have some way make their gear the best they can.
    Raiken, I may not know you, I'm sure you are nice, but I've heard the same rumours. However, if this was truly the case with techs, especially one time only techs, then I'd have my Mental Bane tech back in my BP at this time. I asked the team because it is a one time only tech and attuned, and was accidentally placed on the wrong spell and scribed before I noticed the error. I was even willing to be completely fair about it and delete the erroneous spell it was placed on. So if I find such claims a little hard to believe, then forgive me. I'd believe the rumour as more than that if I heard it from more than one person, via the horses mouth, that this has occurred.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Riaken View Post
    Amon, I see some names here of people who jump to your defense whenever someone talks bad about the state of the game. Yet you slap them down like a fish climbing a tree.
    Trying to be realistic about it, is all. I'm sorry if you took it to be an attack. I don't believe the other posters took it that way.

Your team has on several occasions taken techniques off my weapons and placed them in my BP. Not a rumor hallucin8.
    If there was a special case then it is possible, but we don't do it at every player's whim, nor is it an automated process. So it really has little to do with this discussion.

You made these techs and then made better weapons it's only fair they have some way make their gear the best they can.
    Fair? Sorry, I disagree that you should be allowed to take the best tech and re-use it a year or two later just because a new item came out that you'd rather use it on. Thats not how this game works or even how the world works.

Thank you all for your ideas and feedback on this issue. For now, there is no technical solution to the issue. The only real solution would be to stop giving you techniques as quest rewards. A solution which, unfortunately, makes it much more difficult to come up with and create decent quest rewards for new quests.

Thank you all for your ideas and feedback on this issue. For now, there is no technical solution to the issue. The only real solution would be to stop giving you techniques as quest rewards. A solution which, unfortunately, makes it much more difficult to come up with and create decent quest rewards for new quests.
    I could easily live with that... at least until this issue is fixed. I never used any of the techs I got as quest reward just because I know I can never get them back and before making a mistake I will just not use them. So I have a bag full of attuned techkits filling up my vault and never being looked at, really...

So fix that, or I'll have to delete those techs unused, anyway.

(Btw: I liked special food as reward much more than the techs, but maybe that's just the fat cat speaking. )

Thats not how this game works or even how the world works.
    I don't think that this game should work this way... in most other cases it is possible to repair mistakes in this game and this is what I most like about it... if you selected the wrong adventure school, you can forget it (is this still in game? I hope so), if you misplaced skill points you can replace them... But if you misplace an attuned techkit from a one time quest, basically your whole character is screwed and can not be repaired.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Thread Information