Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freezing and freezing and freezing

Thumbs down Freezing and freezing and freezing

Currently I'm very angry about the game. At least once - but most often several times the day the whole game just freezes up when I port to different places.

The Istaria-window doesn't do anything anymore. When I change to other windows open (I play in windowed mode) I'm not able to switch back then (it just doesn't refresh the screen from the window). And more often it also freezes other applications on my computer as well! Sometimes its my messenger, sometimes its my browser. When I kill istaria.exe from the memory the other programs work just fine then again.

What is this? It cannot even send a crash report because its so freaky frozen that it doesn't can do anything else *murrs*

And when I log in back then, it takes several minutes because the file loading at the load screen and converting every texture takes ages then compared to seconds when I just finish the game normally. Like it has changed anything since the freaking freezing. It really takes my mood to reopen the game then.

Default Re: Freezing and freezing and freezing

Good chance when Istaria "freezes" you will show in Windows Event Log an "Application Hang" with notation of Istaria.exe. This in itself is probably not much of a clue as to how matter can be resolved thoough.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaxes View Post
    Currently I'm very angry about the game. At least once - but most often several times the day the whole game just freezes up when I port to different places.

The Istaria-window doesn't do anything anymore. When I change to other windows open (I play in windowed mode) I'm not able to switch back then (it just doesn't refresh the screen from the window). And more often it also freezes other applications on my computer as well! Sometimes its my messenger, sometimes its my browser. When I kill istaria.exe from the memory the other programs work just fine then again.

What is this? It cannot even send a crash report because its so freaky frozen that it doesn't can do anything else *murrs*

And when I log in back then, it takes several minutes because the file loading at the load screen and converting every texture takes ages then compared to seconds when I just finish the game normally. Like it has changed anything since the freaking freezing. It really takes my mood to reopen the game then.
    I upgraded to the newest version of java on one of my systems (the newest version of 6) and it was freezing up like crazy. Practically every other time I would port or recall. I uninstalled it and installed the newest platform (7) and SO FAR it seems to be working better.

Oh and the reason it takes so long when trying to log back in.. the game thinks you're still logged in. You have to time out before you can try to log back in (usually takes about 30 seconds).
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

I too am having Istaria freezing, istaria not responding. Sometimes I get a box that asks if I want to send information to the dev team, and I say yes, but I dont think anything is being sent. Three to four times a day I experience this and then for some strange reason a few days and nothing. I hate , absolutely hate this bug and wish it would go away once and for all and to never return again. Angry? Yes I am, very angry and very frustrated. I wish the dev team the best of luck trying to fix this issue.

I already have Java 1.7 and as Java is only used for the launcerII.jar in the beginning it shouldn't have to do anything with a running Istaria.exe

And no, there isn't something in the windows eventlog. Not on my Win XP

it did it again. twice within 15 minutes. on the second time i even left it open for several minutes. but nothing.

----- Received message from server at Sat Jul 07 21:51:15.809 (Handled in 0.000 seconds)---------------------
    seqID: 946
    Message type: sc-objectpermissionlist

is the last thing that happened in the net log. So it did NOTHING during the 8 minutes since it last wrote anything into the file. Only the ptstats is constantly updated with something I don't know. What is this crap??

Yup Having this problem as well.

This crashing was also reported here... complete with 8x10 colored glossies.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...t=crash&page=3

No reason to them, the good thing is I am glad it is not just me.

As I understand it, the Freezing is different from exception crashes. The exception crash will actually close the game. The Freezing we are experiencing (yes, I am still experiencing it) involves the game hanging. Not the computer, just the game. You can still ctrl-alt-del out and kill the process, wait for your character to time out, then log in again.

I was locking up every time I recalled, ported or even turned sometimes. Finally I used the "troubleshoot" button on the jlauncher.exe and reset my preferences, did a complete scan and emptied my cache. Even tried to run a support window (that didn't work by the way).

After that I appear to freeze less often, I'm back to getting exceptions.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Even tried to run a support window (that didn't work by the way).
    When I check that mark, it always tells me to run windows update. Dunno what it even should do or if it even would work under WinXP

it still happens. I had it several times again and again.

Like just right now. All I did was porting to Genevia.

the first thing to always do when trouble-shooting issues of this sort is to turn ON your loading screen if you have previously disabled it.

If it continues even after that step, then open a support ticket and the technical team will attempt to trouble-shoot with you.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    the first thing to always do when trouble-shooting issues of this sort is to turn ON your loading screen if you have previously disabled it.

If it continues even after that step, then open a support ticket and the technical team will attempt to trouble-shoot with you.
    Just curious, Amon. Have you or any of your Devs. team not experienced this freezing of the game or any of the CTDs we are all experiencing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    Just curious, Amon. Have you or any of your Devs. team not experienced this freezing of the game or any of the CTDs we are all experiencing?
    I can't speak for the rest of the team, but I do not experience CTDs or freezing of the game when playing. I do not play with the loading screen disabled though, which I suspect is a big part of the problem.

but, there is no one solution fits all when it comes to these types of things because everyone's hardware and software configuration is different.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I can't speak for the rest of the team, but I do not experience CTDs or freezing of the game when playing. I do not play with the loading screen disabled though, which I suspect is a big part of the problem.

but, there is no one solution fits all when it comes to these types of things because everyone's hardware and software configuration is different.
    My loading screen is not disabled either but I have all these problems and have sent in the reports when the window pops up asking me to send them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    My loading screen is not disabled either but I have all these problems and have sent in the reports when the window pops up asking me to send them in.
    Great, thats good to hear. Having other users do the same is useful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton
    Great, thats good to hear. Having other users do the same is useful as well.
    I have to disagree with your "Great" statement. I also feel that the number of players experiencing this problem is overwhelming and should be seriously looked into. So far, you are the only one that I know of that is not experiencing these problems.

Please keep this on-topic and discuss the individual customer's concern. Further posts arguing will be deleted.

I believe that the:

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=26733

thread is candidate to be combined with this one.

Knossos

I had this problem not long ago, freezing up 3-4 times a day usually just when walking around.

The solution I found was to manually clear the cache folder, then run a full scan immediately after. This cleared up 95% of my freezing issues.

Hope this helps.

Thread Information