Thread: Getting a Clue in Marketplace

Default Getting a Clue in Marketplace

<This was the second time I ran this puzzling game in the Marketplace chat; I figured I'd post the results on the forums this time. Once I get the possibilities set, I can random for the correct combination and run it anytime folks like. I hope you enjoy!>

[MarketPlace: Awdz] <just so folks know how it works, you will have to include a suspect, a weapon, and a place in each guess. i'll pick whatever is not correct with a preference for those not yet selected until the completely correct guess is made>
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] *runs in panting* there's been a murder in dalimond! sly loki has been found dead!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the officials have narrowed down the possibilities somewhat, but it's up to us gifted to figure out who did it, with what, and where
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] once we know that, the why should be obvious
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the suspects include: ella the tailor, micklin vandus, onye kutima, dreveon the battle mage, and gangaf tagley
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the possible locations include the fabric center, the town square, the dalimond archives, the academy of magic, julie's bakery, and the docks
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the murder weapon could be [<!--LI 8432625 12792805>Journal of Falinthris<!--/LI>], [<!--LI 8432625 13276865>Jatell's Training Sword<!--/LI>], [<!--LI 8432625 12190335>Meridian Baffles<!--/LI>], [<!--LI 8432625 12176122>Ironsilk Fishing Line<!--/LI>],<!--LI 8432625 11652473> [Thick and Sticky Liqu<!--/LI>id], and <!--LI 8432625 11189949>[Dimensional Scepter of Radianc<!--/LI>e]
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] so what do you think happened?
    [MarketPlace: Mercurion] Gangaf with the Fishing Line on the town square
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] everybody picks on gangaf! i tell you, it could not be him - he was busy adapting his jj180 with the technology from me da's journals
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] i went over his notes and modifications and can vouch for his progress there - he did not have time to commit murder
    [MarketPlace: Mercurion] busy old tinker gnome^^
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] <oops - just realized i left a name off the suspects list, miranda harringer>
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] <i meant there to be 6 of each>
    [MarketPlace: Terao] dreveon with the training sword in the academy of magic
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] [<!--LI 8432625 13276865>Jatell's Training Sword<!--/LI>] is waaay too flimsy to actually injure anyone; it's like a stage prop, nothing like [<!--LI 8432625 11240626>Ancient Sword of Vandus<!--/LI>]. [<!--LI 8432625 13276865>Jatell's Training Sword<!--/LI>] could not have been the murder weapon
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] i had fun testing it though - and you should have seen the look on jatell's face when he saw it bent out of shape the way i left it!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] *munches on an [<!--LI 8432625 15082490>Iced Cream Cone<!--/LI>] while considering other possibilities*
    [MarketPlace: Mercurion] Dreveon with the Scepter of Radiance on the Dalimond Docks
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] dreveon could not have been the killer. he was busy instructing battlemage wannabes how to be destructive in battle
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] while i'm not sure i'd trust those students in a pitched battle yet, i am sure we can trust them as honest alibis
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] they were quite miffed at the bruises they'd received in training with dreveon
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] recap so far: the suspects include: ella the tailor, micklin vandus, onye kutima, dreveon the battle mage, gangaf tagley, and miranda harringer; gangaf and dreveon have been cleared
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the possible locations include the fabric center, the town square, the dalimond archives, the academy of magic, julie's bakery, and the docks
    [MarketPlace: Mensarian] Mensarian killed Hoberton in the yellow room with the chandelier
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the murder weapon could be [Journal of Falinthris], [Jatell's Training Sword], [Meridian Baffles], [Ironsilk Fishing Line], [Thick and Sticky Liquid], and [Dimensional Scepter of Radiance]; jatell's training sword has been cleared
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] while that may have happened, mensarian, it is not the topic of the current investigation
    [MarketPlace: Mensarian] oh, haha
    [MarketPlace: Hoberton] Ella with the Journal of Falinthris in the Academy of Magic
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] Oh oh I love these kind of games, but I'm too late I think >.<!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the academy of magic is hosting a mage's convention. it is full of people; no violence there would have gone unnoticed. the academy of magic could not have been the location
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] i can recap anytime if you'd like to know where we're at
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] recap so far: the suspects include: ella the tailor, micklin vandus, onye kutima, dreveon the battle mage, gangaf tagley, and miranda harringer; gangaf and dreveon have been cleared
    [MarketPlace: Mensarian] Hoberton, you can't guess.. you're dead
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the possible locations include the fabric center, the town square, the dalimond archives, the academy of magic, julie's bakery, and the docks; so far the academy of magic has been cleared
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] Cheers, thanks XD
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the murder weapon could be [Journal of Falinthris], [Jatell's Training Sword], [Meridian Baffles], [Ironsilk Fishing Line], [Thick and Sticky Liquid], and [Dimensional Scepter of Radiance]; jatell's training sword has been cleared
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] he was dead mensarian but he's gifted, he recalled - or else someone rezzed him
    [MarketPlace: Mensarian] oh sure.. completely undo my work
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] Miranda Harringer at the docks with the [Ironsilk Fishing Line]!?
    [MarketPlace: Mensarian] Am I the only on that doesn't have ironsilk fishing line?
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] no you're not, mensarian. the supply of [<!--LI 8432625 12176122>Ironsilk Fishing Line<!--/LI>] ran out and was backordered for weeks. the marks the officials thought could have been fishing line turned out to be scratches instead. th<!--LI 8432625 12176122>e [Ironsilk Fishing L<!--/LI>ine] could not have been the murder weapon.
    [MarketPlace: Hoberton] Micklin Vandus with th<!--/LI>e [<!--LI 8349444 11776110>Thick and Sticky Liquid<!--/LI>] in the Dalimond Archives
    [MarketPlace: Mensarian] unless you're a fish
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the dalimond archives swarm with librarians who notice every little noise. there is no way murder could have been committed there without them noticing. the dalimond archives could not have been the location.
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] What about Miranda Harringer, on the docks, but with the [Thick and Sticky Liquid]?
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] miranda harringer has been too busy sorting out arrangements for that mages' convention; there are at least three witnesses who vouch for her dealing with their issues at the time of the murder. miranda harringer could not have been the murderer.
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] What about Micklinn Vandus, on the same place and with the same item? xD
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] micklin vandus was settling a dispute between the imperial recognition officer and a gifted who claimed he earned recognition but did not have the proof in hand. micklin could not have been the murderer.
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] .. Oh oh!!.. I -might- be onto something! Let's try another person at the scene... But I'll let Hoberton guess first XD
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] recap so far: the suspects include: ella the tailor, micklin vandus, onye kutima, dreveon the battle mage, gangaf tagley, and miranda harringer; gangaf, dreveon, miranda and micklas have been cleared
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the possible locations include the fabric center, the town square, the dalimond archives, the academy of magic, julie's bakery, and the docks; so far the academy of magic and the dalimond archives have been cleared
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the murder weapon could be [Journal of Falinthris], [Jatell's Training Sword], [Meridian Baffles], [Ironsilk Fishing Line], [Thick and Sticky Liquid], and [Dimensional Scepter of Radiance]; jatell's training sword and ironsilk fishing line been cleared
    [MarketPlace: Hoberton] Ella at the bakery with the Thick and Sticky Liquid
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the bakery has had a constant flow of customers with the mages' convention in town; julie had to hire extra help to keep up with the demand. there were too many witnesses there; the bakery could not have been the location
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] What about Ella the Tailor, on the docks, but with the [Thick and Sticky Liquid]?
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] um, no but.
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] ella has been sewing new robes for all the mages, for the formal dinner at the convention. she has witnesses proving that she could not have been the murderer.
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] Then it's only Onye left!!!!
    [MarketPlace: Hoberton] Onye, Docks, Liquid
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] .:!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] *carefully checks out all of the claims*
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] you have figured it out!
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] XD!
    [MarketPlace: Hoberton] had to be the docks since all the fishing line was gone - noone fishing there
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] apparently sly loki played a prank on the paladin and cleric, stealing their holy writings
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] onye got blamed for it and was punished with a whole lot of penance
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] he was furious with sly loki, so when quartermaster miranda left the docks to take care of those complaints, he glued sly loki to a stone with the <!--LI 8432625 11652473>[Thick and Sticky Liqui<!--/LI>d] and threw him in the bay to drown
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] *grimaces* looks like he glued sly loki's mouth shut too, so that loki could not talk his way out of it
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] anyway, congratulations on solving the case!
    [MarketPlace: Hoberton] [<!--LI 8349444 11776110>Thick and Sticky Liquid<!--/LI>] is powerful stuff
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] *nods*
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] hmmm.... maybe i'll see what trouble there is in aughundell next time...
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] :OOO Can't wait : >>
    [MarketPlace: Hoberton] Dwarves are always up to mischief - be interesting to find out what they do there in the dark o.O
    [MarketPlace: Hoberton] and with that - runs quickly away from Augh
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] hmm... i could run the feladan one again, with different combination
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] or would you prefer to wait for aug, another time?
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] I'd love another one if I'm not the only one playing XD
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] *runs in breathlessly* there's been a killing in feladan! a taniquel sapling is dead!
    [MarketPlace: Velon] Horror!
    [MarketPlace: Dhareth] *traing to understand, what's going on* Awdz, you start something else interesting?
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the possible killers include arionn the trophy hunter, estelwen the confectioner, xerintha the mage, taurorand the ranger captain, and gortari the vaultkeeper
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the possible locations include the adventurer's school, the kitchen, the conservatory, the courtyard, and the vault
    [MarketPlace: Velon] It was Arionn the trophy hunter, in the conservatory, with the candlestick!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the possible weapons include [<!--LI 8432625 11240626>Ancient Sword of Vandus<!--/LI>], [<!--LI 8432625 12515395>Demon Flurry<!--/LI>], [<!--LI 8432625 12784478>Adamantium Sunscop<!--/LI>e], [<!--LI 8432625 14445728>Deadly Venom<!--/LI>], and [<!--LI 8432625 10522147>Winter Flowers in Steel<!--/LI>]
    [MarketPlace: Velon] ::wants that statuette::
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] <oops, those flowers were supposed to be [<!--LI 8432625 10069560>A coil of rubber tubing<!--/LI>], but i'll go with the flowers for now>
    [MarketPlace: Velon] (S'okay. the statue makes more sense. I don't think you can strangle a plant. ;p)
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] Ummm.. Arionn the Trophy Hunter, in the conservatory, with [Deadly Venom]!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the test results just came back, there are no traces of venom in the dead sapling. the venom could not have been the murder weapon
    [MarketPlace: Velon] Where was Xerintha at the time of the murder?
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] Hm.. We are only given clues when we say combinations, or can we know if there is scratches or such on the hatchling, something else on the scene, etc?
    [MarketPlace: Velon] :uts on his [<!--LI 11211612 14639190>Emblem: Investigator<!--/LI>]!::
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] XD!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] you need to give a combination of murderer, weapon and location, then i'll tell you which if any is incorrect (with preference for ones not previously given) until the correct combination is guessed
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] *i'll tell you one
    [MarketPlace: Velon] Ha ha. Been awhile since I played this game ;p
    [MarketPlace: Velon] Then it Xeritha, in the vault, with the sunscope!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the vault is full of hiding holes, but was undergoing imperial inspection at the time of the murder. it could not have been the location.
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] and you really do not want to know all of the surprises that were tucked away in some of those vault spaces
    [MarketPlace: Velon] I think I kinda do! But to the murder~
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] [<!--LI 8432625 10983786>Maggot Entrails<!--/LI>] and [<!--LI 8432625 12292305>a dead mouse<!--/LI>] were among the less pungeant
    [MarketPlace: Velon] ... HEy, what were people doing in my vault?
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] [<!--LI 8432625 9904978>Filthy Trout<!--/LI>] and [<!--LI 8432625 11501461>Frighteningly Old Halibut<!--/LI>] were pretty bad
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] Arionn the Thropy Hunter, in the conservatory, with the [Adamantium Sunscope]!?
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the [<!--LI 8432625 1360514>Big Moss-covered Pickles<!--/LI>] that started to crawl away gave the inspector a run for his money
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] oh! sorry, back to the murder. nope, the trophy hunter arionn was displaying his trophies at a special demonstration he was giving, he could not have been the murderer
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] *giggles* it was rather funny when the live [<!--LI 8432625 13639156>Crab<!--/LI>] pinched the unsuspecting vault inspector
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] What about Gortari the Vaultkeeper with the same combination? He must've had a day off at the inspection!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] actually gortari was required to be right there at the inspector's side throughout the inspection, he could not have been the killer
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] Ow!
    [MarketPlace: Velon] I still suspect that Xeritha! She did it in the adventurer's school with the sunscope!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] though i think he would have liked to kill whoever left the [<!--LI 8432625 11292656>Parrot Trap<!--/LI>] in position to fall on his head
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] It must have been the sunscope, definitly!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the sunscope was used by arionn to illuminate his trophy display, it could not have been the murder weapon
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] kind of made it too bright to look at some of the trophies, actually
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] Wha!
    [MarketPlace: Velon] Mmm.Then it had to be Taurorand the ranger, with the Demon Flurry, in the kitchen! No one would suspect him being in the kitchen!
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] What if Xerintha did her practises in the conservatory, and when it failed, she used the flowers on the sapling!
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] XDDD...
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the [<!--LI 8432625 12515395>Demon Flurry<!--/LI>] has a very distinctive twang, which was heard only near the treants west of feladan that day. there were no puncture wounds on the sapling, so it could not have been the murder weapon
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the conservatory is where arionn had his display going, all clean for the displays. it could not have been the murder site
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] Oh no!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] oh yes~?
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] Hmm.. well.. if the display was in the conservatory, then maybe the courtyard was empty for Xerintha to do her practises!
    [MarketPlace: Velon] Xerintha, in the courtyard, with the ancient sword of vandus! she was trying to frame a dragon!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] sorry but the courtyard had a line of customers in it, all waiting to see the various crafters. elven workmanship is excellent but slow to complete. the courtyard could not have been the murder site.
    [MarketPlace: Velon] (darn it. this investigation has caused me to waste a bunch of contruction timbers. lol)
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] (oww... and I've got two DPs.. feeling with you XD! )
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] < recovering is good experience for you? sorry! >
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] (Worth it! :> )
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] recap: the possible killers include arionn the trophy hunter, estelwen the confectioner, xerintha the mage, taurorand the ranger captain, and gortari the vaultkeeper; cleared are arionn and gortari
    [MarketPlace: Velon] The mage, in the kitchen, with the sword of vandus!
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] I saw the same, just with the flowers!
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] say*
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] there were too many folks in the kitchen snitching snacks, it could not have been the murder location
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] (Uh, might change if something else other than the sword is chang-- Yeah)
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] It must have happend int he Adventurer's school then!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the possible locations include the adventurer's school, the kitchen, the conservatory, the courtyard, and the vault; cleared kitchen, conservatory, courtyard and vault
    [MarketPlace: Velon] Needs a recap of locations again? I think we're just about out of those. lawl
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] It's only the school left XD
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] the possible weapons include [Ancient Sword of Vandus], [Demon Flurry], [Adamantium Sunscope], [Deadly Venom], and [Winter Flowers in Steel]; cleared bow, sunscope and venom
    [MarketPlace: Velon] Mage, school, sword of vandus~
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] it turns out that the [<!--LI 8432625 11240626>Ancient Sword of Vandus<!--/LI>] was the centerpiece of arionn's display. it could not have been the murder weapon.
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] XD!! It must have been the flowers!? How?.. XD
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] Can't wait to hear this..
    [MarketPlace: Velon] Then Tili must be right! The Mage, the school, the flowers!
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] Uh oh :O
    [MarketPlace: Velon] UNLESS......
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] You suspected the mage first.. I think..
    [MarketPlace: Velon] :eers at Awdz:: It was Awdz in the school with the flowers!
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] XD!!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] it was indeed! xerintha the mage loves leaves and wanted to collect some off the taniqel sapling
    [MarketPlace: Velon] ::cheers::
    [MarketPlace: Velon] I'm watching you Awdz! Any more murders pop up around you and a dryad has to suspect!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] she tries swatting the sapling with the [<!--LI 8432625 10522147>Winter Flowers in Steel<!--/LI>] just to loosen a few leaves, but steel is sharp and cut the tree to pieces
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] *Bounces around happily*
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] she was devastated by what she had done and tried to hide the evidence
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] she did not even keep any of its leaves for her collection
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] umm... tiili? it's not exactly a happy occasion?
    [MarketPlace: Velon] Spineless elves! Can't even appreciate a good murder plan!
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] anyway, congratulations on solving the case!
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] Uh oh, I think I'm taking this a bit too OOC XD
    [MarketPlace: Tiili] I'm sorry >.<
    [MarketPlace: Velon] :olishes [<!--LI 11211612 14639190>Emblem: Investigator<!--/LI>]:: All in a days work.

Default Re: Getting a Clue in Marketplace

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    [MarketPlace: Mensarian] Am I the only on that doesn't have ironsilk fishing line?
    [MarketPlace: Awdz] no you're not, mensarian. the supply of [<!--LI 8432625 12176122>Ironsilk Fishing Line<!--/LI>] ran out and was backordered for weeks. the marks the officials thought could have been fishing line turned out to be scratches instead. th<!--LI 8432625 12176122>e [Ironsilk Fishing L<!--/LI>ine] could not have been the murder weapon.
    [MarketPlace: Mensarian] unless you're a fish
    [
    I'm so witty!
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Default Re: Getting a Clue in Marketplace

:O So that's what all those posts in the chat were for. I'll participate next time, now that I know what's going on ^.^

Thread Information