Thread: Istaria & Windows 8

Default Istaria & Windows 8

Just thought everyone who has spotted the "upgrade from XP or later for $40 / £25 to Windows 8 Pro" offer Microsoft are running until January 2013 would like to know Istaria runs just fine on Windows 8 64bit if you use compatability mode.

Or at least, it's running fine for me.
    GameGrin.com News monkey
    Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me....

Default Re: Istaria & Windows 8

I just got Windows 7 yesterday and the idea of an "upgrade" right now makes me want to scream. What is "Compatability mode"???
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Default Re: Istaria & Windows 8

In essence, Windows can lie to programs making it think it's running on an earlier version than it is.
    You just right click the icon for the program, left click on "troubleshoot compatibility" and follow the wizards instructions.
    For Istaria on win 8 I have found you need to wait until the game has loaded completely and you and in game and running around before doing anything else but it does indeed work.
    GameGrin.com News monkey
    Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me....

Thread Information