Thread: Soft caps for stats still in effect?

Default Soft caps for stats still in effect?

Curious.. I seem to recall istaria having a soft cap for stat bonuses around 1400 and was curious if it was still in effect. As I recall it was a cap on a damage rather than for calculating crafting bonuses.

If there is then it would make sense that i can't seem to increase my damage output with a vaklor's blood talon vs a normal claw. Or see a difference in full strength/tooth and claw build vs. dex and strength build.

Anyone know for sure? Or that's tested this? Thanks.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Default Re: Soft caps for stats still in effect?

I never heard before that there was a cap, but certainly would make a lot of sense. As a ped, I see no difference in damage output when I have 1400 strenth or 2100 strength. There is next to no difference when using different weapons, nor is there a change in chance to hit when I have 1300 dext or 2200 dext. Although, i do believe its suppose to play a '1/3? part' in chance to hit.

I also notice little to no difference when i have 1200 bow, or 1600 bow.. There is just no consistancy to the madness.

The system makes sense to me, it just doesn't seem to be the same in any way, shape, or form. Seems to be far to many variables for each strike leading to this situation where it all just seems to be pretty much the same...

Although I will add. I do notice a difference in my chance of being hit when I have 1300 dext vs 2200 dext. When I have 2200+ dext, I see lots and lots of "miss miss miss miss" - yeah, that makes me feel good
    Last edited by Finkledbody; July 9th, 2012 at 03:46 PM.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Although I haven't collected data in any organized fashion, I do see significant differences in damage between my two ancient dragons. I have one with maxed strength and maxed power for crafting purposes, and the other I have maxed strength and maxed tooth&claw skill. The melee dragon sees quite a bit more damage on normal swings, and differences in the hundreds on special attacks like gold rage. Whether or not there is any effective difference between 1600 str and 2100 I can't really say... but upping your melee skill certainly has a noticable effect . I'm looking forward to a response from the development team; it could definitely change how my training points are allocated!

Aww come on Devs! Can we get any insight? please

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Thread Information