Thread: Monocles!

Default Monocles!

I just bought the top hat, n paper bag hats n such on my ped the other day, and i absolutely love them, but would it be possible to add a monocle to go with the top hat?? I would totally love to have one of these if this could be done. Maybe it could be made as a face mask so it could be equipped separately from the hat itself for those who don't want to have a monocle. It would be awesome to have top hats and monocles for dragons too (would look quite nice with the tuxedo from blue's sunscope mode :3) though i doubt that could be done, considering anything that cant be physically made a texture on the dragon's model doesn't seem to work as far as i know.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Default Re: Monocles!

I could easily make a quick mod of one of the current face masks/ headscale masks into a monocle. :P

But that's an idea certainly to enter for the next summer/winter/fall events if they need new masks. (Generally that's when they're added)

That would be totally awesome if you could make a mod of it :O - i would try it myself honestly but im not quite sure how to XD. If you would rather wait and submit it when new mask designs are needed for future events, I would totally understand.

monocle as mask looks good on very few head shapes, sad.
    without dev's with 3d dodel, added to monocle-mask I supporse it's imposible.

(I'd appreciate if someone could tell me the name of the butterfly headscale's file? I either deleted it or misplaced it)

Did a quick monocle test:
    Racktor's fin head - the most prominent eye ridge (bump above the eye)

Result: Warped out of shape (the black is my fault from not erasing all of it on the file)

Teikera's blunt head - the least prominent eye ridge

Result: Smooth enough.

Depends on the head shape but it's doable. I don't think you can do one on the bipeds or else you will have 2 monicles... (the mask template is half the mask, so I'm guessing the sides are mirrored)

Edit: Will put more work into this if you like it. xD

If you tell me where to find the the mask scale files i could probably tell you o.o. Are the dragon mask templates handled the same way as the face mask template for peds? because if i remember correctly there are some dragon masks out there that aren't symmetrical - like that white phantom of the opera looking mask. If they are, maybe there's a way to get it to work for the ped mask too.

Edit: The pictures didn't load until after i made this post XD... :O I do like the start of what's shown in the screenies. For dragons i doubt getting a perfectly circular monocle will be able to done just because of the all the different head shapes and just how the model itself is, but I actually kinda like the more oval shape that they seem to take in your screenies. Also, i have a dragon for each head type so if you'd like to know how it looks on some of the other head types I'd be more than willing to test it out on them.
    Last edited by aharttsx; July 22nd, 2012 at 06:41 PM.

Sure, just gotta log some of my chars on...

Zikari's tri-horn head:

Raysian's big-nosed head:

Dorokane's split-lip head:

Don't have any other different heads; gotta remember here that this is a mask and you'd need lvl 20 to use it, so I can't just create new chars with other heads unfortunately :\

Oh wait, my other friend's account:

Ceyra's rex head:

Nimriss's spiraled horn head:

Alright, now THAT'S all I've got.

Edit:
    Dragon template:
    Biped template:
    They were linked in the summer post; buried in here, about halfway down but nearer to the bottom.

I have an ancient with the croc face head, and the rex lookin snout head with the 2 giant horns, and an adult with the bull head, if you'd like me to test it on them. And hmm yeah i can see how making a monocle for peds could be problematic with the whole mirroring thing given how the template is, unless there was a way to 'turn it off' so to speak. Or maybe the devs could make a template that wouldn't mirror textures to the other side? Just tossing out some ideas.

You can use the wip mod; it replaces the bird mask for now:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3kr7gdz5u8qa2g4
    Just change the name to edit another file, i.e. the gruok mask i think is dragon_head_mask01_pig

I don't know if the mask file can be flipped over/around a bit to make it non-symmetrical at all; I'd have to see the ingame mask files to figure that out, and I can't seem to find them right now.

Okay, tested out the monocle WIP on the remaining three head types.

Giant Horned head, some warping, mostly near the cheek bone area.

Croc Face head, a little hard to see cuz of his color, but there's loooots of warping on the eye ridge.

Bull Head, actually very little warping compared to the other head types, though for some reason is showed on the opposite side of the face from the other head types.
    Last edited by aharttsx; July 24th, 2012 at 12:11 AM.

The flipping on the bull head is rather strange. I've no clue why it does that, but that's an interesting piece of information..
    It seems awkward to implement on those head types :\ I'm surprised at the small amount of warping on the bull dragon head, but the extreme warp on the snaggletooth is unavoidable it seems.

*shrugs* im not sure why it flipped sides on the bull head either. But as far as the warping goes on the other two head types.. yeah i don't think there's much we can do for the warping...

I was also thinking about how items such as the shoulder treants work on dragons with showing the attached 3D model on the dragon itself. What exactly is the problem with creating and adding/attaching a 3D (or could even get away with 2D since really you only need a circle lol) textured model to a specific spot on a dragon/ped model?

Honestly I've no clue. I guess the devs or the original creators of the game thought it to be a bit game breaking or something for some reason? Not sure. I guess only the devs can explain. I also think adding a 3D item into the game would require modifying the game's code as well, to make ... let's say a mask a 3D object, that'd require changing the coding of how the object/item works in the game.

Edit: As krinharth said earlier;
    "without dev's with 3d dodel, added to monocle-mask I supporse it's imposible."
    Apparently the devs have a specific 3D program/codec for Istaria or something.

Ah I see. Well hmmmm this seems to be a little bit of a dead end :/.. the only way i could think of that might work with the dragon heads is that if a mask for each head type was created to balance out the warping for each one. I wouldn't expect you to do this though... as even if it could work I imagine it would be a little tedious. I could try my hand at it though, if i knew how to... what all would i need to be able to make the masks n such?

You just need to draw on the templates, really, with some guessing. There's a code line that forms it back into .agh, though, that I can't remember right now

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Honestly I've no clue. I guess the devs or the original creators of the game thought it to be a bit game breaking or something for some reason? Not sure. I guess only the devs can explain. I also think adding a 3D item into the game would require modifying the game's code as well, to make ... let's say a mask a 3D object, that'd require changing the coding of how the object/item works in the game.

Edit: As krinharth said earlier;
    "without dev's with 3d dodel, added to monocle-mask I supporse it's imposible."
    Apparently the devs have a specific 3D program/codec for Istaria or something.
    We do use specific programs and internal tools to make the game models. However, it will not be possible to add an equipment model to a dragon. They were never set up to have any sort of model attached to the mesh in the same way bipeds had been.
    Azulyte is a Dragon's best friend. Azulars on the other hand, are another matter entirely...

Thread Information