Thread: Having problems with textures not showing up

Default Having problems with textures not showing up

I've been trying to recreate the spine textures as seen on Kesqui's dragon and have taken the advice given seen here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=25781

But for some reason the textures are not showing up. I had saved three files because I'm not sure which ones were the correct ones. Following the Texture Problems post of Artemis where he was altering the spines, I saved the dragon_u_sk02_head00_muscle, and dragon_u_sk02_head00_base, and the dragon_u_sk02_cbase (I think; it's the third file with the other two that is red tinted), which is the scale type I think I use on my current dragon.

I converted to TGA files with AGH Viewer; made my erasures in GIMP2 (sort of like Photoshop), saving the file as a TGA again; then placed the command lines to the Pref_players file to convert the TGA files and placed the textures in resources_override/characters/characters/dragon_u/clothing.

I can see the textures files being converted and indeed in my file, they have been converted to AGH, but they aren't showing up on my dragon. I thought perhaps I just had done the wrong scale type, however when I create a new dragon and flip through the different scale types, none are changed there either. I also tried to save my edits as a PNG, but that didn't help either.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Default Re: Having problems with textures not showing up

I think I might've figured it out after having looked through a lot of posts. A simple deletion of the textures does not work. I thought since GIMP places an alpha background when you load a picture up, it would save with it, but it doesn't. You have to actually put in a color and then alpha it.

I tried it with black, but all that did was place a black texture onto the spines. I'll try a grey and then white and see if that helps. I'm just thrill I finally got the texture edits working.

I'm still learning how to put alphas in as well, so any tips would be appreciated.
    Last edited by lonewolf_kai; July 26th, 2012 at 09:57 PM.

Just figured out the problem. I had to remove the agh convert command after the launcher convereted the png's. Once I removed the command, the textures show up. That was confusing, but at least its working now.

Actually, you have to delete the old png files out of the override file, not the command. I'll get it right one day.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Im glad you found the solution and sorry that i didnt reply earlier ^^;;

No need to apologize at all. I just couldn't figure it out at first.

Thread Information