Thread: fixing/updating biped shops

Default fixing/updating biped shops

as biped shops were designed before the introduction of T6 materials, the shops were set up to 3 types. beginner, journeyman and expert. while at the time it was fine. but isn't it time to readjust the value a shop gives, based on resources used to build it. i can go to a dragons lair and use a T6 machine to get +90 bonus for T6 craft machines. yet biped machines were never updated with times. T2 resources to give T1 bonus of 25, T2/T4 resources to build, giving bonus of T3 at +50, and T4/T6 resources giving bonus of 75.

now i can go use a lair and get T2 +30, T4 +60 (not 100% sure the numbers are right on T2 and T4) and T6 +90 bonuses. so isn't it about time to update the bonuses on biped shops? expert shops, i know, are 15 points off that of dragons T6 machines

Default Re: fixing/updating biped shops

these are working as designed
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    these are working as designed
    understood that they are as designed. suggestion was for an update. to T2/T4 and T6 bonuses. maybe even updating mats required to build them. but i am getting the feeling it's a "no"

but since the "working as designed" was from at least 7-8 yrs ago. i was kinda hoping for a "keep up with the times thing here"
    Last edited by Zorbin; July 30th, 2012 at 08:55 PM.

Correct. Biped buildings are setup with 3 versions (Beginner, Journeyman and Expert) which give bonuses of 25, 50, and 75. Lair chambers, however, are setup for all six tiers and give bonuses of 15, 30, 45, 60, 75 and 90 respectively.

This is why biped structures won't be changed to give a bonus of 90.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Correct. Biped buildings are setup with 3 versions (Beginner, Journeyman and Expert) which give bonuses of 25, 50, and 75. Lair chambers, however, are setup for all six tiers and give bonuses of 15, 30, 45, 60, 75 and 90 respectively.

This is why biped structures won't be changed to give a bonus of 90.
    thanks for the explanation

Expert shops use T4-T6 instead of more components in T5/T6 so it makes sense that they only get +75.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    Expert shops use T4-T6 instead of more components in T5/T6 so it makes sense that they only get +75.
    read above about the updating mats to build. already got explanation from Amon.

this was just a suggestion, as it was already answered, thread can be closed.. ty

Thread Information