Thread: Customer Service.

Angry Customer Service.

Ok, this is the rant section so here goes my rant. I hope this isn't going to fall victim to the prevailing trend on these forums and get deleted.

This may end up a bit disjointed and rambling. Still having my morning coffee and still very upset.

I don't like being ignored. It really, really pushes my buttons and I just have to vent this.

I'll be honest, I became so angry by yesterday that I very nearly rage-quit all 3 of my accounts.

Waiting over a week, after submitting a ticket, for any kind of acknowledgement that you even have a problem, (which still has't come, btw) is beyond aggravating.

Maybe you don't think my issue is important or game-stopping. Thanks. To me it is very important and prevents my playing one aspect of the game with one of my characters. But that's not the point.

Maybe my 3 little accounts aren't important to you. I can always take my business elswhere if that be the case.

Your automated email after submission is fine. It's nice to know that your computers know I have a problem. The dead silence from anyone living is not.

I worked in customer service for a large insurance company for over 35 years. I had the "joy" of getting all the worst cases. I can tell you with confidence that a simple, short contact to let a customer know that they're not being ignored goes a long way towards alleviating some of the frustration.

Even when you don't have a solution yet, or you have a heavy case load at the time. Telling the customer that, letting them know you are aware of them & their problem, makes all the difference in the world in preventing a lost customer.

Ok, having worked in customer service, maybe I'm a little more demanding of good customer service than some. And I realize you're not a large company. But we are not exactly the largest customer base in the industry either. A simple email of acknowledgement from a live person, without a canned response, takes how long?

I know ropes. I know about having a mountain of open cases on my desk. I know how long it takes to send out a few personalized emails each day so that none of my customers has to wait over a week to find out if anyone even knows they've got a problem.

Giving your customers the cold shoulder is completely unacceptable!

Ok, so I've calmed down (a little), and not cancelling my accounts (yet), but I still needed to get this off my chest and am still very angry. Honestly I can't bring myself to log in just yet. Still need a little more cooling down. I may still go ahead and cancel the account in question. The other two, well, the jury is still out I guess.

Default Re: Customer Service.

I am very sorry for the lack of customer support which you received, and this is by far not a typical response from us.

Again, I do apologize for the lack of support you received and will be following more closely in the future to ensure this does not happen to anyone else.

Indigo, good thing that you did not cancel accounts!
    Good to have you still with us.

I can assure you that your case is an unfortunate ecxception.
    Istaria`s customer support is (one of the? ) best of all mmorpgs,
    and much better than any other support I ever asked for help.

Good you give them a chance to proove this

Enjoy your coffee
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Hey Ama

hope this solved soon. *hugs*

Thanks. As it turns out, I did receive a response while I was posting this. I admit it did take me a while to write it and hadn't received a response when i started writing it.

Sooo.....I apologize for the tantrum. **looks sheepish**

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    ... will be following more closely in the future to ensure this does not happen to anyone else...
    Please do so Velea because this is not a unique case.

I had a ticket which I opened on 12th February.
    It got an acknowledgement from you on 13th February.
    Fast forward and we get to 7th of March - I'm at my 4th inquiry on the matter and lost all hope for an answer - but didn't bother to rant on forums - my bad, yes.
    On 10th of March my ticket gets an answer, but i was too late to see it and the ticket was auto-closed.

So from February 12th to March 10th is how long? 4 weeks, right?
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

One thing I've found is that, if after submitting a ticket I reply to it for any reason before the devs do, the system seems to take it as though the devs responded. If I hold off on my reply, there is a much faster dev response to it.

Well Awdz, if you - the customer - don't reply at all, the ticket auto-closes after a certain amount of time - i think it is 1 or 2 weeks. Exactly what happened after my last reply on 7th March.

Anyway - it's a closed issue now.
    I just wanted to point out that Customer Service really needs some attention as Indigo's case was not singular.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Thread Information