Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
Any well multi-classed biped. xD Akrion's Spirit/Blood magic combo gives him a burst of damage from a single attack that can take out an Ancient Dragon in 1 hit, even if they have Shield of Gold going.
In that aspect a full primal ancient could do the same, or a tooth and claw dragon if the growl caused a miss and allowed it close enough for a gold rage/grazing wind combo. I'd state the game doesn't have PvP capabilities so utilizing mechanics on a currently flawed coding wouldn't hold much accuracy in proving a point on which is more effective than the other.

Outside of game mechanics, the fact that Dragon's look down on fragmenting the prime into more specific areas of magic means they are honestly rather inferior in many areas such as healing, which is reflected in the mechanics.
A valid argument and one that I would counter with their ability to alter prime magic as a whole to work together in ways that splintering wouldn't allow, as the inability to learn how different aspects correlate due to a short life span would cause someone impatient enough to go with "what works" even if they don't live to see the short-comings of their approach. A very good thesis though.

Actually, the very existance of the Gift is due to biped magic. One could even argue that Dragons would be in very serious trouble now if it weren't for the Gift because of their inability to naturally age. The permanent deaths that would occur from hatchlings just trying to ascend would take a heavy toll on the species.
Another valid, very realistic approach to the issue. I would stipulate that dragons would, in their pride, state that the Gift is nothing more than a valuable "crutch" that would allow one that is naturally weak a chance to learn at a more reckless pace that would be detrimental to dragonic principles as patience, seeking guidance, and being as efficient as possible. Before the gift many dragons handled the rights of passage and managed to ascend, while death always being a sad part of life adversity besetting an entire species that wasn't severe enough to snuff them out would only make them stronger, and more cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
I think more than just you or me need to weigh in before anything is said about a "knowledgebase." I thought we were just discussing your RP ideas and how feasible they are in Istaria's lore. xD
Naturally, others will stumble into the theorem and kick around ideas as well- but if you and I see reasonable trouble with what we've attained thus far what hope does it have of meeting anyone else's criteria? The goal of the theorem is to compile enough cohesive fundamentals that make RPing easier by filling in a lot of gaps that the lore leaves wide open that should be common knowledge to any dragon.

I don't think Istarian dragons are built properly to be able to consistently walk on two legs, and it'd be pretty awkward I'd think. They're pretty clearly meant to walk on four legs to me.
I would agree, but a dancer might tell you starting off learning advanced techniques always looks and feels stupid at first- but with enough practice and patience they're able to dance freely in stances and positions that would break the untrained's hip/toe/ankle/etc, and look **** good doing it.

Okay, so how about spirit-magic-slinging bipeds that could take a dragon out in one shot before the dragon even got within a close enough range to breathe fire? These things exist in Istaria.
Well as I mentioned prior, the mechanics of Istaria don't really have PvP oriented skills and abilities. One versed in fighting others would study and develop tactics and abilities to counter and disrupt traditional "I-see-you-I-cast-a-spell-from-far-away" fighting in Istaria. Once upon a time it was common place for men to stand in lines and shoot at each other, eventually the guns started getting too accurate and too many were dying for the leadership to properly adapt so the concept of "cover and concealment" became the norm to adapt with conventional warfare. Even conventional warfare is being replaced by "terrorism" that allows combatants to hide in plain sight among civilians where conventional warfare can't go.

(Treants are actually of living wood too, not dead wood. Living wood doesn't burn as well as dead wood does. You may notice that in-game treants are not defeated the moment fire touches them. x3 Don't mind me, splitting hairs over here again~. It seems to be my hobby.)
Well sort of, tree bark tends to ignite very quickly and surrounds the actual tree, sucking the moisture out of the pores in the form of steam as it burns away the bark and into the tree itself, hence why forest fires are so hard to stop once they get started and don't take much to start off.

And splitting hairs is good- it helps me understand where you stand on issues. The more I understand where you stand, the more I understand someone else's ideas other than my own which allow me to further adapt them in a way that is able to make sense for the both of us.