Thread: starting picture

Default starting picture

during login there is allyway one picture that looks really old nearly like minescraft graphic, would be great if that would look more up to date, because its the first impression of this game

Default Re: starting picture

i believe start up screens are some made by players with other programs or some are screenshots of the game, some are artwork. But i believe most are submitted by players (i could be wrong) but in any case youll pry have to be a bit more specific so we know what loading screen you are talking bout

I dont mean the player contributed pictures. Its the one where on the bottom you see something like: ...looking up character stats...
    in the picture you see a red dragon over a blue portal. rigth side is a girl and below the game name Istaria
    i hope that makes it clear, if not say so and i make a picture

not too many of us like that pic..
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

That's the picture put up to herald the latest event (currently Pax Istaria, on New Koraelia); I like it. It does change every few months. If you would like to donate artwork to Istaria, I suggest submitting a support ticket about it to find out the policy of what they accept, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lantis View Post
    during login there is allyway one picture that looks really old nearly like minescraft graphic, would be great if that would look more up to date, because its the first impression of this game
    For the most part, that picture uses in-game graphics (though it is an amalgamation of more than one shot and, granted, does look a tad wonky in a few spots). I don't think there'll be much helping that player's first impression if they're soured by the in-game graphics unfortunately.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

It depends which server board I think is which.

I don't like it too much either, but at least it's bright and shiny.

I turned off the loading screen though, I only found out about it by looking in the game files. =P

If they do go messing around with this could I add a small suggestion...

I think it'd be nice if instead of the generic racial headshots we could make and use our own.

Add a subfolder into the program directory and if there's a .jpg or .png in there with the character's name then it displays that image instead of the generic racial one.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrakhyn View Post
    I think it'd be nice if instead of the generic racial headshots we could make and use our own.

Add a subfolder into the program directory and if there's a .jpg or .png in there with the character's name then it displays that image instead of the generic racial one.
    That would have to do with the launcher, not the loading screen (which is what this thread was originally about), but yes, I'd like that feature as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrakhyn View Post

Personally, I find it very discombobulating to see the generic racial picture instead of my character's picture when logging in. Since the launcher pulls up our character name, how difficult is it for the launcher to pull up the character picture? Can it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Personally, I find it very discombobulating to see the generic racial picture instead of my character's picture when logging in. Since the launcher pulls up our character name, how difficult is it for the launcher to pull up the character picture? Can it be done?
    The only reasonable (and I say that loosely) way they could do that is to actually render the model of your character directly in the launcher when you have said character selected. Having a static picture would, in all likelyhood, be more difficult. Especially so if you wanted it kept up-to-date with your character.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    The only reasonable (and I say that loosely) way they could do that is to actually render the model of your character directly in the launcher when you have said character selected. Having a static picture would, in all likelyhood, be more difficult. Especially so if you wanted it kept up-to-date with your character.
    *sighs wistfully* i guess if it were easy they'd of course have done it.
    i'm not looking for something up-to-date, just what i selected at character creation would be fine. every time i go to log in my gnome, i see her cousin gwillimena instead - it's very disconcerting.

I'd be happy even if we had to get the pictures ourselves and replace some default image per character or something. Like, Dragon1 gets an image in a launcher folder: "Dragon1.png". At first it contains the default dragon image, but it can be replaced with a properly-sized screenshot of the actual character. Something like that.

Thread Information