Hi there,

i just started myself but it seems there are no up to date guides here (correct me if im wrong). So im gonne start a new one and hope you experienced guys help me a bit.

first some links to forum post that migth not be up to date but still are quite helpfull:
How to Start Playing by arseovrteakettl replace while reading NewBrommel with NewTrismus
MapPack 3.6 by Terao
FAQ: SkillPoints by pogowolf
CraftingGuide by pogowolf
DeathPointsGuide by pogowolf

So for absolute beginners:
if you start with a non human char you have to pay after some days, so just keep that in mind.

So if your something beside a dragon you can choose your schools (aswell in adventure as in crafting). Here is a wiki link where you can see them.
As a biped you can choose multiple schools, which is great but keep in mind that the more schools and level in them you have the higher gets your rating.
Rating decides the experience you gain for doing stuff like quest, killing and so on.
Popular multiclassing for beginners seems to be:
1 healing school like: cleric/healer/druid
1 damage dealing school: warrior/spiritist
The above are only examples! Also you are able to play 1 school solo.

Next there are some intersting chat channels you should join (i just quote here):
"Use the more populated Chat Channels (New Player, Marketplace and Dragon, especially) to ask...some players will simply give you an item while others may expect to be compensated...always nice if you *offer* first." by Morinare Blackclaw
To join these channels you can use the button which looks like a bubble with an exclamation mark in it. Just klick on it and then choose your channels one after another.
Use these channels in case you need help with anything.

So now you actully have a char and started playing, i would suggest that you follwow quest at the beginning. They give you a decend amount of experience points and some gold. Beside that you also get to know where everthing you need is.

There comes a time when you are in need of something, before asking you should check the consigner. This is an NPC where players can put stuff in it for selling to other players. You can only offer 10 items within it.
If your looking for something specific i recommend to use the filter in it, so that you dont have to wait so long.
From time to time you dont find what you need neigther in the consingner nor via chat channels, then you only have a few options: easiest -> ask later again, again and again; or do it yourself. In case of getting armour do some crafting, or if you need a formular go hunting.
Warning: on NewTrismus i have never seen any formular dropping!
If your on a hunt and looking for formulars try pygmies and golems.

Ok thats all for now, have fun!