Thread: blighted scales and ther teches

Default blighted scales and ther teches

greetings, folks.
    I want to ask you, can someone explain me, or gave link to site, where it described about blighted scales.

if it only not a joke of "great random" I realise, that some scales has list of teches, that not intercept with another.
    but I hav too few formulas, to understand system.
    so first, why my beginer scale forms contain T1 and T2, (and was looted long ago) but expert - contain only T5 (and was looted few days ago) ? (and claw form contain all T1-T5, as non-blighted analog!! why?)
    second, as I say - teches. I've made experiment with power beginer chest, and expert armor back, and some bufs, that I get on one, never uppears on another. so is it realy different? but how it grouped then? by tier? by base-type (armor, str, pwr)? by equip slot (chest, back)?

I will thanksfull for any information, please

Default Re: blighted scales and ther teches

I do not have any actual information about the complete list of techs that blighted scales can pull from (I doubt any player does), but if I had to guess, I'd guess that the list is the same regardless of what scale you're making (armor, chest, power, wing, etc.)

What you get when you craft a blighted piece is completely random. Just because you see a technique on one type of scale but have yet to see it on another doesn't mean that that scale can never get that tech. You may be getting unlucky, maybe the chance is low, etc. It is a possibility that that scale really can't get that tech, but I would doubt that's the case. There may be some differences between tiers where certain techs are lost or something, but I really have no concrete information on this.

I don't know why the blighted formulas seem to work differently from the non-blighted ones. Maybe it's intentional, to make players have to hunt all tiers of deadlands rather than just the highest; maybe it's not intentional and needs to be fixed. If a lot of the formulas are inconsistent, it's probably unintentional. If the claw is the only one that behaves like normal formulas, it may be the unintentional one.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

very thanx for your opinion, Raptress!
    best way, if deva themselv write something, but I fear, they will keep silence as with dragon claws ^^

well, while no more info, I will experiment furhter, and post result, if someone interested

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I do not have any actual information about the complete list of techs that blighted scales can pull from (I doubt any player does)
    *writes down next project*

I often end up hunting in Withered Aegis lands, so if desired, ill try to collect and list some of the blighted techs i find on the random blighted armor, jewlery, weapons and scales
    Bahkar, Ancient Helian Dragon of Chaos (100/100/68). Vell, Human Warrior/Cleric (56/36).
    All it takes for Evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahkar View Post
    I often end up hunting in Withered Aegis lands, so if desired, ill try to collect and list some of the blighted techs i find on the random blighted armor, jewlery, weapons and scales
    very thanx, Bahkar.
    mayby even make group page on wiki? how better name such page, how do you think? all weapon and armor at one page? or separate them somehow?

I'd say making a page for blighted techs, and then seperating them by weapon type/armor type

Having extensive experience actually crafting a lot of blighted gear, maybe I can answer this to a good degree.

First, Blighted forms are not like regular forms, Expert Blighted forms only cover tier 5, Journeyman, only tiers 3-4, and beginner 1-2, unlike normal forms when expert covers all tiers. This, I believe, was by design. I'm not sure why, but that's how it has always been.

Second, The effects (techs) that appear on blighted gear draw from a very long and varied list. It's possible for you to get 50 or more blighted items and never get 2 identical ones. That being said, I still come across an effect (tech) that i've never seen before from time to time. As for a list of what those potential blight effects none has ever existed that i'm aware of, so unless the devs do some digging and actually pull one out for us, we're not likely to have such a list...ever. I wouldn't even attempt to make one as it would take extensive time and effort to go through and craft (or hunt)1000's of each piece of gear to see what the random draws come up with.
    Even if we had such a list it wouldn't be of very much use as the results are a random draw anyway.

So, in short, if you're looking to get several pieces of blighted gear with the same blight effects that you like on them...I wish you lots of luck, because that's all it is, luck of the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
    Having extensive experience actually crafting a lot of blighted gear, maybe I can answer this to a good degree.
    very thanx for your detailed ansewr. then wish me good luck in my experiments

Thread Information