Thread: Library, Dev's personal joke?

Default Library, Dev's personal joke?

I can build a T1 guild hall with more bulk. But 40 less stack capacity and about the same footprint w/7200 bulk. A T2 guild hall with 20 more stack capacity and more bulk.. than an expert library. If what i read is correct, the expert library holds 100 stack and 200 bulk. Yet the required materials for building it, are about 1/2 that of a T6 Guild House.

A friend of mine wanted to add one to his plot and asked me to build it, till i looked into it's stack/bulk capacity. I then told him it wasn't worth the time to place it, let alone how much work to build it. It holds 100 stacks of 2 forms/techs and such? What's the deal with this. And the amount of resources to build it are outrageous in comparison to a low lvl Guild House.

Is anyone planning on making this building, worth the effort to place / build and use one?

Default Re: Library, Dev's personal joke?

I have one- and I love it.

As I love all kind of fluff

Most of our forms and techs are stored in Flame`s lair.

But if you want a structure with lovely furniture in- build a lib.
    If you need much space-better use something else.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

sad thing is, a kenaf backpack pouch has the same stack capacity, and double the bulk. it takes 7 kenaf spools to make. for an expert shop, the stack/bulk is very lousy. an expert shop should way better than a kenaf pouch.

especially when it requires things like 600 units radiant spheres, and 400 units radiant sources, just for starters

The Bulk Capacity of a T6 Human Library was increased from 200 to 2000 some time ago.

Knossos

mine is t4: 1000/75
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    The Bulk Capacity of a T6 Human Library was increased from 200 to 2000 some time ago.

Knossos
    good to know, i was told it was increased from 100 bulk. but i only found listing for 200 bulk. thanks for the updated info.
    Ty Knossos. as always, one of the most reliable sources of Information. so much for searching the info online and listening to others
    Last edited by Zorbin; August 23rd, 2012 at 06:12 PM.

Nah, you were right initially. Libraries are a waste of space and time. Once you learn all the formulas you want to know, what's their purpose? You're better off building a hall with the space you would have used to build 6 libraries and throw whatever few formulas you actually want to store in it.. then when you're done with the formulas you can still use the hall for something else.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

You are right Mensar, but only for bipeds.
    Dragon Libraries are ok in terms of space (blocks) used by taking only 1.5x1x1 blocks for t2 and 2x1x1 blocks for T4/T6.
    As a comparison, the smallest dragon hall is 2x2x2 taking the space of 4 libraries. Basicaly the one of the only two things that makes Lairs better than Plots.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Zorbin View Post
    sad thing is, a kenaf backpack pouch has the same stack capacity, and double the bulk. it takes 7 kenaf spools to make. for an expert shop, the stack/bulk is very lousy. an expert shop should way better than a kenaf pouch.

especially when it requires things like 600 units radiant spheres, and 400 units radiant sources, just for starters
    FYI A kenaf backpack pouch doesn't add anything to your storage capacity, it's only for organizing things.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    FYI A kenaf backpack pouch doesn't add anything to your storage capacity, it's only for organizing things.
    Backpack pouches in storage show a bulk value (even when empty) and do occupy one stack. This is easier to see in list view than in grid view.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Backpack pouches in storage show a bulk value (even when empty) and do occupy one stack. This is easier to see in list view than in grid view.

Knossos
    Yes, and what is your point considering the subject?

If you put a pouch in your storage, the storage space doesn't expand with the bulk/stacks of the pouch and I get the feeling the OP thinks they do.

Besides he/she talks about the bulk/stack of an expert shop. It could be that it is a new features but to my knowledge a shop doesn't have bulk/stack.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Yes, and what is your point considering the subject?

If you put a pouch in your storage, the storage space doesn't expand with the bulk/stacks of the pouch and I get the feeling the OP thinks they do.

Besides he/she talks about the bulk/stack of an expert shop. It could be that it is a new features but to my knowledge a shop doesn't have bulk/stack.
    My point was that a backpack pouch does affect the storage capacity of its host storage - the backpack pouch reduces the stack (the pouch consumes one stack) and bulk (amount of bulk depends on tier of the cloth from which the the backpack pouch is made) capacity of that host storage.

Knossos

A library is simply meant as a sort of specialized Silo for Forms/Techs/Spells. You are, of course, welcome to use whatever structure you wish to store them in but the Library was requested years ago by players.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

the point of it was, "if my info was correct and library wasn't that high, then it would have been just as good of use, since it has the same stack capacity and more bulk, allowing for 100 stacks, and more per stack than library" but if you had read this post, Knossos filled me on on what the actualy numbers were for the expert library. since i was storing my forms already, in backpack pouch. every knows they don't "add" to storage capacity. but they do hold many forms and higher stacks than what i was origiannly told and found in searches. it was all the old info

ty again Knossos

From what ever side you look at it, the comparison between a kenaf pouch and a library is senseless one.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

It depends which server board I think is which.

Generally he's saying that the inventory of an item that takes 1 type of resource shouldn't match the inventory of a building that takes about 10 or so. What they are used for are different, yes, but he has a point nonetheless. Anyways with the "new" library(not the one that Zorbin remembered), this doesn't really apply anymore..

What really bothers me is the timer involved in every move in/out of a storage building - but for libraries it is most annoying.
    Goin' out to a formula hunt - getting 50-100 various forms then coming back to libraries to store them? No fun at all to stare at the screen moving a stack of forms in the library every 10 seconds or so
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

It depends which server board I think is which.

Hold the "Control" key and click all the formulas/techs. Then drag and drop them into the library. Every single one should go in without delay.

If you're on a mac it's different, but i'm not sure how.

Edit: The delay is very frustrating though on other things when you're just trying to move things in/out or reorganizing..

Quote Originally Posted by Racktor View Post
    Hold the "Control" key and click all the formulas/techs. Then drag and drop them into the library. Every single one should go in without delay.
    Another way: click the button to display your inventory/bag/whatever in list format, sort by item type, click the first form/tech/whatever on the list, hold the shift button and click the last one. That will select the first thing you clicked, the last thing, and everything in between. Then just drag and drop into the library. Easy!

Thread Information