Thread: Texture Bug?

Default Texture Bug?

So I haven't touched Istaria in a while, as in I haven't messed with any of the files or anything. Today when I logged in to just mess around with character designs, some of the bi-pedal races looked sort of like this:

Notice how pretty much everything excluding the head and torso sort of looks mashed together? Yeah... about half or more of all the bi-pedal race look like this. The dragon model seems to be unaffected though. I have absolutely no idea what is causing this, seeing as it only effects certain models, like the Saris, Sslik, Elves, Gnomes, etc. Any sort of feedback would be appreciated, and if I may need to submit a ticket later on I will.

Edit: I can't believe I overlooked the game bug section. I need to learn to scroll down. xD
    If someone could possibly move this thread there, I'd appreciate it. :P
    Last edited by Snowrift; August 23rd, 2012 at 07:30 PM.

Default Re: Texture Bug?

it seems to be that your game is still loading the more detailed models, or is unable to, as those are the low-quality models.

I wouldn't know how to fix it though, perhaps try upping the quality in the options on another char.

It looks like your client is displaying the low-quality character models for some reason. Are your graphics settings very low? If you have any mods installed, you can try temporarily clearing out the resources_override folder (by cutting and pasting its contents somewhere else). Perhaps also run a full scan in case anything was modified outside of resources_override.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I don't believe my graphics settings are low, considering that about a month ago or so everything looked fine, and I haven't messed with anything over that period of time. I seem to get these random issues every once in a while. The last time that I had a bug, the final three races were completely unavailable because the end of the hall was blacked out. That time around I didn't mess with anything either. It's like whenever there is any sort of update my game files can't handle the change.

I'm still having this issue. Does anyone else have any more suggestions to a cause and fix?

I haven't encountered the issues that you're describing unfortunately, so I don't have any idea as to the cause or a fix. You could try running a full scan through the launcher to see if it will detect and replace any damaged files. If there is anything in your resources_override folder, you could try moving it elsewhere and running Istaria totally modless to see if that fixes the issues. If all else fails, reinstalling is an option; an unsavory one that does not necessarily guarantee success, but an option.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Yeah, I'm just going to try and reinstall. I had a dev mess with some of my files to try and fix a bug that had come up a few months ago, so now I don't really know what's what. xD Hopefully it will update everything in the process.

Thread Information