Thread: Map Pack 3.6 Final

Hybrid View

Default Re: Map Pack 3.6 Final

You sure that's what you did? =/ Did that, nothing changed. ...Aaaand I really don't think I messed up the file. Nope. Trust me :P
    Last edited by xSita; October 14th, 2012 at 06:53 PM.

Yup. I didn't start the game for a couple of weeks lately and when i did it both (i run 2 clients at the same time from 2 different folders, one for dragon and one for biped) my installations of the game had the same issue. Only one column of markers instead of two (like you have too) and the map marker changed too.
    On the first installment I went to check the map pack 3.6 setup step by step and found that the ResourceMeta.def was changed and the added lines were missing.
    On the second one i redid only the step 4 and the maps were OK.
    Btw, all those with the client closed.

And make sure you set the file as read only.
    Last edited by Northwind; October 15th, 2012 at 07:04 AM.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Closed the game, edited the ResourceMeta file (actually, the changes I had made were still there), set write protection on... aaand nothing again. Checked step by step the instructions from the start to make sure I did everything correctly. I don't get what I'm doing wrong. Would it be easy for you to take a screenshot of your edited ResourceMeta (or send the file, dunno lol)?

No idea
    I would say to recheck again each and every step.
    Probably is something obvious and easy to overlook.

I just said what solved the issue in my case.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Alright, thanks a bunch for the help anyways

Your resourceMeta file should look like this:

Code:
    ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "world_cache\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "artist_preview\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources\interface\maps\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources\interface\themes\"
    }
    ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\maps\"
    }

ForceScanDir
    {
    	string	Dir = "resources_override\resources\interface\themes\"
    }

Your Clientprefs_common file should have this line edited near the bottom too:

Code:
    string mapPath = "resources_override/resources/interface/maps"
    I suspect the reason you're missing some of your filter buttons is you might have edited one or more lines in ResourceMeta, instead of adding the lines to the end of the file. You should not edit any lines in resourcemeta. But instead you add lines to the end of the file.

Lastly, this probably isn't your problem, since I can see the markers, but perhaps could help future people. If you look inside your resources_override folder. You should see a folder called 'Resources' inside of that. Thats where you unzip the file to, unzipped to the resources_override folder.

Fixed! I obviously DID edit wrong stuff in the ResourceMeta file Thanks so much!
    • My Dragon Cave scroll •

Is there going to be an installer because manual doing it always glitches my game for instance the Kion volcano would never load as well as the gem mine underneath
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Just to let you know, I'm working on a update. I think the next version will be released not too long after the actual version running on Blight Server went to the regualar servers.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

As Cegaiel "captured" my map version (thank you for not asking if I allow to do so) you will be able to download future versions here:

http://istariareference.com/mappack.asp
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Thread Information