Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Launcher Update

Default Re: Launcher Update

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Make a backup to the jlauncher.exe
    Delete jlauncher.exe
    Start the game with JavaLauncherII.jar and let it patch and close
    Start with jlauncher.exe and see if it works

I managed to login and see the characters in the Launcher, but Order is offline still.
    Did not see this when I replied. How would I make a backup to the jlauncher.exe?
    Denaryr, ancient, 100/100/36/10Fireth, ancient, 100/100/19

I can't play Istaria either. The launcher seemed to update just fine, but when I tried to restart the launcher, this message popped up:

"Could not find the main class: javalauncher.JavaLauncher. Program will exit."

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

For those still having problems, please check what version of Java you are running. If it isn't 1.7, please update.

If you STILL have problems, please post that you are and confirm that you are running the current version of Java.

Updating now, I'll post if it helps me.

Edit: Just finished the update and the launcher runs now.

It still wont start up for me. I updated Java,let the launcher update and it still wont start

Are you using the correct version of the Launcher? You should be using launcher2.jar. If you try to use the launcher.jar, it cycles as you suggest. But I've had no problems when I switch to the correct version, is why I ask.
    Last edited by Velea; August 28th, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
    Declan is the one,true Fang of Death

well Velea as for your comment about java 7 thats gonna be a slight problem as lionel is still trying to help me fix the issue where it freezes up the patcher

Different issue completely. I'm going to assume that you've submitted a support ticket, as you said you are being helped.
    Last edited by Velea; August 28th, 2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Fixed the spelling of my name and added comment

hmm, should it take the launcher a long to time to pop up after clicking the ok to run program box?
    err, maybe it's just needing to patch again, never mind me. =.=

I am on Windows 7 and I have updated to Java 7. Every time I open launcher2.jar, an error pops up immediately on startup that says "Invalid argument: connect". Trying JavaLauncherII.jar (which is what I used previously) results in it redownloading launcher2.jar.auc and then closing.

To anyone else having problems: if you have any of the ancient non-java launchers like Launcher.exe tucked away in your Istaria folder, those may still work to get you into the game while you're troubleshooting this new one.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

It depends which server board I think is which.

@Velea: Updated to 1.7, and get the same message as before: "Failed to create directories." No clue how to set the new launcher to administrator, either.

Before I got the "Failed to create directories", I got "Could not find master.file.auc" or something similar. On the former occasion, though, about the directories the launcher freezes up and won't let me move the window, maximize, minimize, nor close it. (Scratch this; this was with JavaLauncherII instead of javalauncher2)

Off-topic: Would it be possible to make the java launcher optional btw?
    ~Racktor

Edit: launcher2.jar works on Java 7 on Windows 7, for me. At least, starting up anyways.

Scratch that, actually. I can't log into the game.
    "Cannot find program 'istaria.exe' (in directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Istaria"):CreateProcess error=740, The requested operation requires elevation. Please report this error to customer support blahblahbalh"
    Last edited by Racktor; August 28th, 2012 at 07:49 PM.

Try to use the jlauncher.exe - it can be easily run with admin rights and it looks/acts exactly like the jar one.

PS> I already had the java 1.7.0_05 already - so deleting the exe file the using the jar to update worked for me nicely.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

It was my java version that was the problem. Updating it helped

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

It depends which server board I think is which.

Northwind: I do not have jlauncher.exe. Going to copy over the original launcher from my old computer, and jlauncher.exe if it has it...

No launchers work.
    Last edited by Racktor; August 28th, 2012 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Try to use the jlauncher.exe - it can be easily run with admin rights and it looks/acts exactly like the jar one.

PS> I already had the java 1.7.0_05 already - so deleting the exe file the using the jar to update worked for me nicely.
    jlauncher.exe throws the same "Invalid argument: connect" error that the new launcher2.jar does when I try it. The only launcher out of all five of them that I have right now that functions is Launcher.exe. JavaLauncherII.jar is the only one of the non-functional ones that does anything other than throw the "Invalid argument: connect" error.

I tried what you suggested--to delete jlauncher.exe and redownload launcher2.jar with JavaLauncherII.jar--but both launcher2.jar and jlauncher.exe still throw the same error after that. I also tried deleting launcher2.jar and redownloading it with JavaLauncherII.jar, to no avail.

Default Java:Warnings

we have gotten warnings here in germany to use newest Java version (s).
    Just came in.

sry: only have it in German

http://www.n-tv.de/technik/Java-hat-...le7076091.html
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

We've just rolled back the launcher to the one that uses Java 6 due to vulnerabilities in Java 7.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...d.php?p=284535

Unhappy Java update for the new launcher

Hey everyone!
    So I did what Velea said in this post:
    " Default New Launcher and Java
    Of course on the same day we release a launcher update that uses Java 7 NIST releases a notice that there is a vulnerability in Java 7 http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/de...=CVE-2012-4681.

For those of you that installed Java 7 to use the new launcher we recommend uninstalling Java 7 due to these vulnerabilities. You should not need to reinstall Java 6 as it should stay installed when you uninstall Java 7. If you do need to install Java 6 you can download the latest version here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual_v6.jsp
    Last edited by Deforian; Today at 10:54 PM.. "

And now the launcher 'cannot connect to the server' for some reason. I am using the latest version of it.
    Any ideas how to fix it? (yes, ive tried restarting everything )

Default Re: Java update for the new launcher

When you say "latest version" of the launcher, do you mean launcher2.jar? launcher2.jar has been rolled back. Go back to using whatever launcher you were using before launcher2.jar.

Urm okay... and how? :/

The old launcher(s) should be in your Istaria folder. They should not have been deleted. If you were using JavaLauncherII.jar before they released launcher2.jar, just go back to using JavaLauncherII.jar again.

GAAAAAAAAA does anyone think this is fun?

So... now uninstall Java 7, which should leave or may not leave java 6, download 6 and re install, find an older version launcher, possibly JavaLauncherII.jar? Can we get a word from any of the devs or moderator?

Thread Information