Thread: Quiiliitiila's Clothing Suggestions!

Default Quiiliitiila's Clothing Suggestions!

Hey guys!
    Just a few suggestions about clothing I thought I'd shoot out here in the possibility of them being added.

1. Clothing over armor: I'd like to see some clothes able to be worn over armor. For example, the Dark Forest Shirt. It'd be nice if we could have the hood and such without the hit to AC.
    ----If this cannot be done, make the clothing be techable. At least then we could tech it with armor.

2. Allow clothing to be dyed. It'd be nice to have some white or black hooded shirts and such.

3. Make some of the racial clothing/armor actually wearable (EX. Ryson Stormbringers Armor)

Thoughts?
    -Quiiliitiila

Default Re: Quiiliitiila's Clothing Suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila View Post
    Hey guys!
    Just a few suggestions about clothing I thought I'd shoot out here in the possibility of them being added.

1. Clothing over armor: I'd like to see some clothes able to be worn over armor. For example, the Dark Forest Shirt. It'd be nice if we could have the hood and such without the hit to AC.
    ----If this cannot be done, make the clothing be techable. At least then we could tech it with armor.

2. Allow clothing to be dyed. It'd be nice to have some white or black hooded shirts and such.

3. Make some of the racial clothing/armor actually wearable (EX. Ryson Stormbringers Armor)

Thoughts?
    -Quiiliitiila
    Racial Clothing

Armor and Robes

Tech and Dye for clothing

Found these threads about your subject already.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    Racial Clothing

Armor and Robes

Tech and Dye for clothing

Found these threads about your subject already.
    I know that they exist, but all or most of them are closed to further posting, including all three of the ones you linked.

If we keep up the demand, I'm sure the devs will look back into the matter!

-Quiiliitiila

Sadly I am the bearer of unfortunate news. Let me address each.

1) They aren't setup to allow techniques. This was done on purpose since allowing techs such as Armor would require decisions to be made regarding level requirements. And we wanted social clothing to have no level requirements for use.

2) Dyes. This unfortunately requires the items to be able to be techniqued. See above.

3) Armor such as Ryson's. Sadly what appears to be actual armor is not. Its part of his texture and so it cannot be turned into armor without an artist recreating it.

4) Clothing over Armor. I understand that this is desired (having used it in other games I agree). I can't speak for the specific technical requirements involved, but I can tell you that the current game client is not setup to allow this and I would tend to suspect it wouldn't be an easy change.

Now, of the four items #2 is probably the one that could be done with the least impact and work. But it still wouldn't be a simple flip of a switch.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Sadly I am the bearer of unfortunate news. Let me address each.

1) They aren't setup to allow techniques. This was done on purpose since allowing techs such as Armor would require decisions to be made regarding level requirements. And we wanted social clothing to have no level requirements for use.

2) Dyes. This unfortunately requires the items to be able to be techniqued. See above.

3) Armor such as Ryson's. Sadly what appears to be actual armor is not. Its part of his texture and so it cannot be turned into armor without an artist recreating it.

4) Clothing over Armor. I understand that this is desired (having used it in other games I agree). I can't speak for the specific technical requirements involved, but I can tell you that the current game client is not setup to allow this and I would tend to suspect it wouldn't be an easy change.

Now, of the four items #2 is probably the one that could be done with the least impact and work. But it still wouldn't be a simple flip of a switch.
    Thank you for the play by play on each topic! Many Devs on other games I play would never actually respond to anything players suggest...

Now how about this:
    Keep social clothing it's own category, then make a separate formula for "adventure" clothing. The Adventure clothing would behave in similar ways to the cloth line of armor, so depending on the tier of the formula, we'd have higher level armor.
    -For instance: A tier 1 Dark Wood Shirt would act as a Flax shirt, T2 would be Kenaf and so on.

This would make them viable for combat and allow these "adventure" clothes to be techniqued and thusly dyed as well.

Thoughts?
    -Quiiliitiila

Thread Information