Has anyone noticed how ridiculously insufficient game categories are? I mean, come on! How come we have the same numbers and type of game categories as we did in the 80s when there really were only that many categories?
As an example, here's how Steam categorizes their games:

So, as an example, what is an adventure game?
Is that platforming or point and click adventure games? Is it rougelike where you have only a few number keys for abilities and move with the mouse? Those are all very different types of games and I'm sure there are some people that prefer one over the others. Some may even dislike one of those types but love the other.

Which of those count as 'action' games?
Do fighting games count as action or sports depending on the degree of 'realism' the game has?
Where do sandbox games like minecraft go? How about THIS (which I want very badly)? Where do 'exploratory' games go? I know that's a new thing relatively recently but come on. This stuff is getting popular. Give us a new category already.

Do hunting games like "The Hunter" count as 'sport' or 'simulation'?

Holy hell. I mean, you can't tell me the internet as a whole hasn't figured out that there needs to be more categories for this kind of stuff or at least proper words that accurately describe the type of game it is. I enjoy point and click adventure games. Most people who prefer platformers don't. (This assumption is based solely on the inflammatory comments of those games on steam, mind you).

Come on, internet and gaming companies as a whole! What is wrong with you? Why can't I find JUST the type of games I like instead of having these ridiculously inaccurate lumped crappy categories that tell me absolutely nothing about the type of game I'm playing? Make up new words if you need to. Since when has the internet had trouble with that?

Just... grrrrr!