Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blight Update 229

Default Re: Blight Update 229

Quote Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
    There is no problem here. As it works currently players can get tokens even if they don't have the basic forms, they just have to rely on other players. You can take the craft quests frig offers without having the required forms, you can get someone else to craft the items needed, give them to you, then you can turn them in and get the tokens.
    Another option is that Imperial Rank Tokens can be traded (they are not attuned). Therefore other players can earn the tokens and sell or trade them to those who need them. This works out just fine, and in my opinion does not need to be changed. In fact it should encourage trade on the high end.
    That's not how it works and there is no guarantee that it would work even if there was a trade economy.

Players will have to buy or hunt T6 trophies to get their first crafting mastery formulas and work from there.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Revamped Houses and Guild Houses

In that I am unable to afford an additional Plotholder Subscription, I am unable to obtain answers to a the following questions by simply visiting the Blight Shard:

1. The new Small Medium and Large Houses are stated to have the same stacks/bulk capacities as we currently have with the T2 T3 and T4 Human Houses. The current T2, T3 and T4 Human Houses have respective footprints of 14m x 21m, 19m x32m and 34m x 42m.

What are the footprint measurements of the new Small, Medium and Large Houses?

2. The current Guild Houses:
    T1 Human holds 60 stacks / 7,200 bulk with footprint of 16m x 16m,
    T2 Human holds 120 stacks / 14,400 bulk with footprint of 24m x 24m,
    Human holds 150 stacks / 18,000 bulk with footprint of 31m x34m,
    T3 Human holds 180 stacks / 21,600 bulk with footprint of 50m x 50m,
    T4 Human holds 240 stacks / 28,800 bulk with footprint of 50m x 50m
    T5 Human holds 300 stacks / 36,000 bulk with footprint of 75m x 75m and
    T6 Human holds 360 stacks / 48,000 bulk with footprint of 75m x 75m.
    The new Basic, Small, Medium, Large and Grand Guild Houses have respective capacities of:
    110 stacks / 13,200 bulk,
    150 stacks / 18,000 bulk,
    205 stacks / 24,600 bulk,
    280 stacks / 33,600 bulk and
    380 stacks / 45,600 bulk.

What are the footprint measurements of the new Basic, Small, Medium, Large and Grand Guild Houses?
    Hopefully, incorporating the new Guild Houses into future plot designs will not compromise traditional overall plot stack and bulk storage as compared to that available with our current house and Guild House selections, noting that footprint is an ingredient in this comparison of old vs new structure storage.

As a footnote, removal of T1/T2 construction from biped plot storage structures having relatively major stack capacity is somewhat worrisome. Young construction crafters who have saved their coins to purchase entry level plots are unlikely able to afford paying more advanced crafters to build storage structures needed for orderly plot storage stack capacity.

Knossos
    Last edited by Velea; September 12th, 2012 at 03:20 AM.

/signs Knossos's post

With the enlargement of so many plots across Istaria I am seeing many folks moving to different places. Having an idea of the sizes, capacities and tiers of the new houses/guildhouses would certainly be a big help with them deciding what to build on those new shiny plots

Thaalia of Order

agrees with Knossos on his post and will copy and paste mine here also.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    No, there will not be any T1 or T2 Guild Houses any longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    I have a real problem with this. Since the T2 Guildhouse is probably the most common building on all plots that players use for storage, removing them completely would seem to be hurting the playerbase.
    T1 and especially T2 Guildhouses are always going to be needed.

Folks, this hasn't even really made it onto Blight yet, as there was a problem with the current houses.

So before you go "screaming" about the changes (which, I'm sorry, Knossos, but that's what your post had read like before I edited out all that "extra large boldness"), could you take time to actually look at the new structures as they are, please?

As Amon has said, existing structures won't change, nor will ones that are in the process of being built. What we have changed are future structures to give players a greater opportunity, I feel, for building various plots with more variety.

No one can possibly have actually checked this out, and until you do, I really feel you can't say what is or is not going to be needed.

*Serves Velea a cup of Awdz's delicious hot klava along with a slice of warm gingerbread*.

Please forgive the innocent curiosity of the questions about the footprints of the new buildings. As we really know nothing about them yet, it is only human nature for us to be curious and ask questions. Please believe me when I say I don't believe any of us are "screaming about changes" in this thread.

In the past, many of us have asked questions of all of our wonderfully patient developers and opened a dialogue between players and developers that is on a level with no other game. It is something we have come to cherish and love about Istaria.

I truely am sorry you were offended by our simple curoisity.

Thaalia of Order

Thaalia, I wasn't offended by your questions or curiosity, or anyone else's. And before I edited Knossos's post, it was in bold oversized font, which suggests to me that someone is "screaming".

The footprints are the same as they've always been, as the buildings are the same as they've always been. No changes were made to the buildings themselves. It is just that housing is now much better tiered, with a logical progression from T1 through T6 materials being utilized.

I honestly think that once everyone takes time to log in to Blight and either talk to other players there who do have plots, or are able to look at it themselves, most will agree that the revamped houses make sense and all your questions should be answered.... Which is why I asked for your patience while we get the next delta out before speculating.

But? My understanding is t1 and t2 are no longer going to be buildable. And that the footprints will be the what they currently are for t3 to t6 guildhouses?Am not trying to cause trouble here, just trying to understand. Why keep the footprint the same for t3 to t6 with the only difference is that the requirements for resources will be different.
    Last edited by Peaches; September 12th, 2012 at 03:02 PM.

Alternatives to all the ugly, identical t2 guildhouses is awesome. Just hope some of them have comparable storage. Having the 1 design that "holds more" than all the rest, just means many people will build it. Then many plots have the ugly house, and it's depressing going out looking at towns. Having many more "styles" should really help with this. And allowing multiple tiers of the same house (where storage and bulks capacities increase with tier) means no single structure will be favored any longer. This is what dev's are shooting for right?

Get rid of the guildhouses. Give the upper tier houses the same capacity the gh's had.

If it ultimately makes it a bit harder to build the same bulk/capacity, probably still worth it in the neighborhood improvements.

Side note: any chance some lairs might be enlarged?

The goal is to standardize the storage and building requirements of Houses and to bring Guild Houses into line with Houses. So, rather than the requirements and storage varying for Small Houses, now they are all the same. So the choice becomes aesthetic.

The footprints remain exactly the same as the former houses and so does the appearance. No artwork was changed for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Alternatives to all the ugly, identical t2 guildhouses is awesome. Just hope some of them have comparable storage. Having the 1 design that "holds more" than all the rest, just means many people will build it. Then many plots have the ugly house, and it's depressing going out looking at towns. Having many more "styles" should really help with this. And allowing multiple tiers of the same house (where storage and bulks capacities increase with tier) means no single structure will be favored any longer. This is what dev's are shooting for right?

Get rid of the guildhouses. Give the upper tier houses the same capacity the gh's had.

If it ultimately makes it a bit harder to build the same bulk/capacity, probably still worth it in the neighborhood improvements.

Side note: any chance some lairs might be enlarged?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    ... So, rather than the requirements and storage varying for Small Houses, now they are all the same. So the choice becomes aesthetic...
    Sweet. *

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Folks, this hasn't even really made it onto Blight yet, as there was a problem with the current houses.

So before you go "screaming" about the changes (which, I'm sorry, Knossos, but that's what your post had read like before I edited out all that "extra large boldness"), could you take time to actually look at the new structures as they are, please?

As Amon has said, existing structures won't change, nor will ones that are in the process of being built. What we have changed are future structures to give players a greater opportunity, I feel, for building various plots with more variety.

No one can possibly have actually checked this out, and until you do, I really feel you can't say what is or is not going to be needed.
    You have pass the bill to find out what's in it.

Any ETA on when the rest of the houses will be patched out? I'm curious to see what's what.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    That's not how it works and there is no guarantee that it would work even if there was a trade economy.

Players will have to buy or hunt T6 trophies to get their first crafting mastery formulas and work from there.
    This is, in fact, how it DOES work currently. I got my first master forms by having someone craft the materials for me so i could get the tokens. Several of my guildmates have done the same. Paying it forward I have also done the same for other players, crafting the finished materials for them when they do the gathering (you can still gather the base material even if you don't have the forms). I've also seen Imperial Rank Tokens on consigners numerous times. Probably put there by players who have done the trophy hunting quests and those who already have the forms they need.
    The ability to hunt trophies for the tokens provides the ability to get tokens without crafting. So there are currently in place several ways to get the tokens necessary to get the forms. They may not be easy ways, but they do exist.

On a side note, this is actually good endgame material as there is no other use for t6 trophies than to turn them in for rank tokens. Granted only 5 of the many t6 trophy drops can be turned in for this purpose...perhaps we can get that list added to. *wink wink*

I agree with Garrick here, and support his suggestion.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I agree to Garrick too, but only at a theoretical level.

For a biped, who's adventuring level/will/equipment doesn't allow him to safely hunt t6 mobs, getting tokens on a server with a very small community, like Order, is quite a pain .

Regarding dragons which lack the desire to hunt t6 mobs, things are even more harder since they can get tokens only by hunting t6 mobs. The only crafter quest that rewards them with tokens, require them to achieve materials from a biped - maybe something can be done in this matter?
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that dragons cannot hunt t6 mobs. I'm saying that a dragon that is focused on crafting only (I've seen lvl 10 dragons that were 100 crafting and 70+ lairshaping) will have a very hard time to get those tokens.
    Last edited by Northwind; September 14th, 2012 at 09:55 AM.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

you are right too, North.
    But it seems-at least on Order-noone needs a claw anymore:-(
    I love to hunt all kind of mobs,
    I love to assist with any kind of quest or task
    I`m happy nowadays if I can lead someone in/though DD-
    or assist with ARoP bosses.
    Luna is getting rusty already.
    Its a mmorpg- ask other peeps for help.
    I`m sure, I`m not the only one
    who needs some training to stay in good shape
    Not much adventuring left to do for long-term players atm.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information