Thread: benches / clocks / other structures

Default benches / clocks / other structures

i can really see no reason why park benches, firepits and clocks are limited to 1 each. when you can have so many other similar structures at unlimited.

can we at least raise the limits? what's a park bench if someone actually designs a plot as a park, and can only place one bench? i have built plots with say 2 ponds, and the owners would love to put a bench next to each.

another wanted to place 4 firepits around a 10x10 dragon flooring, to make it an interesting dragon landing pad.

if no more than 1 firepit, how about adding in something like tiki (sp) lamps to light up around a dragon landing pad, or something to the same effect. making the pad visible at night.

now that plots are much larger, some would like a a few clocks scattered about, maybe one at one entrance, another on other end of plot near opposite entrance.

if not, please explain why they are so limited, please. in a lot of cases, 1 just isn't enough

and maybe there's a chance one day we could have a differnt wall look? i am specifically interested in a wrought iron fence type. such as, to put around a small graveyard, for nicer effects. or entire plot made as a cemetary.
    Last edited by Zorbin; September 6th, 2012 at 01:29 PM.

Default Re: benches / clocks / other structures

Anything with a light source is limited to 1 per plot because light sources are particularly hard on the client's performance when there are more than a few in one scene.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Anything with a light source is limited to 1 per plot because light sources are particularly hard on the client's performance when there are more than a few in one scene.
    ok, this however, doesn't explain the benches or clocks. i can understand the lighting effects, but how are you able to use unlimited amounts of pumpkins, which are also emitting light. the only problem i've had with firepits is the fact the flames do not work correctly around other objects (such as if i face a wall, the wall cuts off part of the flame graphics).

is it possible though to still release the current limit of 1 per plot for clocks and park benches? like say at least 2 clocks, maybe unlimited benches? or maybe a limit of 4 or 5?

benches are similar to wheelbarrows, which are unlimited.

To answer your question...

All those small items should have had a limit of 5 per plot. Some if the structures introduced last summer did, some didn't.

They can't be unlimited because there is still an upper limit to how many items per plot/community the Community Managers can handle, but I've looked at the items introduced last summer and raised the limit to 5 on those that didn't have it there already.

(Note banners are an exception... banners for the most part are just 1 per plot on purpose.)

Note, too, that I fixed wheelbarrows, which should NOT have been unlimited.

If you have any other items you think should have a limit of 5 them but don't, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    To answer your question...

All those small items should have had a limit of 5 per plot. Some if the structures introduced last summer did, some didn't.

They can't be unlimited because there is still an upper limit to how many items per plot/community the Community Managers can handle, but I've looked at the items introduced last summer and raised the limit to 5 on those that didn't have it there already.

(Note banners are an exception... banners for the most part are just 1 per plot on purpose.)

Note, too, that I fixed wheelbarrows, which should NOT have been unlimited.

If you have any other items you think should have a limit of 5 them but don't, please let me know.
    when will these limits go into effect? as they still show the same as before. park bench 1, wheelbarrow unlimited so on..

i do however see basket of laundry limit 5, yet empty basket of laundry is 1. not making any sense here. also cedar and elm baskets all have limit 2 per, shouldn't they also be 5?
    Last edited by Zorbin; September 7th, 2012 at 12:26 AM.

They will be part of the next patch so it will be some time before they go to Blight and then to Live.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

ok, so a while before i can see any changes then. thanks for the update

Question Re: benches / clocks / other structures

Since we're talking plot fluff here may I put my hand up regarding trees/palms on plots?

Please, could we have a "Large" version of the "Branchy" tree? It's really good to be able to have the Large Leafy tree and I love the Red Maple: the Large Branchy tree would make a very nice addition.

Nia : Blight Shard : Chronicles of the Twisted Guild

Thread Information